ADVERTISEMENT

2025 recruiting....

With the rise in the NBA salary cap, NBA contracts are going crazy. There are several players making $50 million for just the '24-'25 season. There are 27 NBA players making over $40 million for this current season. Those contracts are going to continue to increase.

One benefit of landing elite recruits is that they are more likely to make the NBA, and make insane amounts of money, some of which can be donated to support the basketball program and help with NIL.

At the moment UNC currently has 5 NBA players under standard deals (White, Johnson, Barnes, Anthony, Sharpe) and 1 two-way player on a non-guaranteed contract (Ingram.) Not only is this the least amount of UNC players in the NBA in most of our lifetimes, but none of these guys are anywhere close to max contracts.

With NIL it has never been more cyclical. Pay to land elite recruits, some of which go to the NBA and get max deals, which increases the likelihood that our NIL collective can fundraise from them, which gives us the money to land the elite recruits and transfers we need to continue winning at a UNC level.

With the rise in the NBA salary cap, NBA contracts are going crazy. There are several players making $50 million for just the '24-'25 season. There are 27 NBA players making over $40 million for this current season. Those contracts are going to continue to increase.

One benefit of landing elite recruits is that they are more likely to make the NBA, and make insane amounts of money, some of which can be donated to support the basketball program and help with NIL.

At the moment UNC currently has 5 NBA players under standard deals (White, Johnson, Barnes, Anthony, Sharpe) and 1 two-way player on a non-guaranteed contract (Ingram.) Not only is this the least amount of UNC players in the NBA in most of our lifetimes, but none of these guys are anywhere close to max contracts.

With NIL it has never been more cyclical. Pay to land elite recruits, some of which go to the NBA and get max deals, which increases the likelihood that our NIL collective can fundraise from them, which gives us the money to land the elite recruits and transfers we need to continue winning at a UNC level.
What players are giving money back to the school they went to for NIL…Is this a thing now…

Braylon Mullins announcement today at 6pm at his HS. That time alone will give you a good idea that IU will NOT be the destination. If he was going to IU, he would announce during school hours in my opinion.
I have said for a month, that this is a UCONN vs UNC decision. It looks like UCONN, BUT.......I think we have a shot.🙂

Powell: asks about Braylon Mullins

McMillan: "yeah I don't think Carolina fans need to worry about watching the announcement."

"
Mullins’ recruitment feels absolutely massive for Indiana, which could use a dose of good recruiting news. There’s plenty of reason to believe the Hoosiers are an option, after all. The Indiana-born Mullins is from a part of the state in which the program typically has recruiting success, and head coach Mike Woodson prioritized the touted guard well before he became a major national prospect.

That said, the two-time defending champion Huskies are on a bit of a recruiting roll as of late and seem to be getting much of what they want on the trail. Add in the fact that Dan Hurley’s powerhouse program was able to snatch up one-time Hoosier commit Liam McNeeley last cycle, and you have a recipe for an intriguing grudge match of sorts.

North Carolina is also on Mullins’ list of finalists but feels unlikely to be the choice.

Mullins will announce his college destination on Oct. 22 during a ceremony at his high school."

Mullins seems redundant to Cade. I know they are different players but given the choice (having seen neither in a Carolina uniform), i'd take the Senior Cade.

Open to hearing how different they are outside of shooting (which is why Hubert wants them).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT