ADVERTISEMENT

A barb from Clay Travis...

...that may well contain some truth:
Some coaches buy disposable phones by the case these days.

mobile-phones-and-electromagnetic-pollution.jpg

If a coach doesn't have one, he is an idiot. And with the way things seem to be shaking down, they better only talk to folks in person, and make sure they aren't wearing a wire. Even if the coach doesn't care to get into the buying end of things, overzealous folks can twist parts of a conversation either way.

The FBI can subpoena phone records. Deep money pockets sink ships. If Kelvin Love got $250,000, what do you think Bagley's camp got? Probably in the neighborhood of 1M.

I guess buying burner phones "by the case" is one answer, but I prefer just doing the ethical thing and telling recruits the truth. If a recruit can't or won't see the value of hard coaching, Family support, good advice, winning teams, and history of success at the next level; then just call, NEXT!

I prefer to support an honest Sterling Manley over a dirty Bowen any day!

Love me some Roy and UNC!

I actually thought the exact same thing when I wrote Dirty Bowen, it just sounds a little suspect, lol!

Reactions: HermanT
The FBI can subpoena phone records. Deep money pockets sink ships. If Kelvin Love got $250,000, what do you think Bagley's camp got? Probably in the neighborhood of 1M.

You think dookie is running scared??? I believe Cape s got stuff on his tie in this one!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT