ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament Thoughts

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
At the moment we are tied in the loss column with Clemson at 5 losses each. We have 1 more win with 3 games to go, whereas Clemson has 4 games to go. If Pomeroy's projects are right both teams finish 10-6. That's good for a 4th place tie. Louisville, also projected to have 6 losses, slips to 6th because they have fewer wins.

If so, that means we land in 5th and only get a 1-round bye, because we lost to Clemson.

At least I think that's right.

Our conference games are

FSU (home)​
Syracuse (away)​
Duke (home)​

...which is to say that losing 1 game is certainly plausible.

Whereas Clemson has these games

Wake (away)​
Miami (home)​
Syracuse (away)​
Pitt (home)​

That's an easier home stretch than ours, but not without danger.

Obviously we just need to take care of business, and see what happens.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
If Pomeroy's projections pan out for the other teams, we play

Pitt or Wake in our 1st game​
Clemson in our 2nd game​
FSU in our 3rd game (probably - or else the winner of the Ga Tech-Syracuse game)​
One of the Virginia teams in the championship game​

What's cool if that happens, is that we have a chance to get even with 3 teams we lost to in regular season.

Not sure what the league's policy would be but would not surprise me to see some teams opt out of tournament if possible. Could be a smaller tournament if teams like FSU or UVa want to avoid getting players sick during tourny or BC/Miami just says they are ready to shut it down.

Not sure what the league's policy would be but would not surprise me to see some teams opt out of tournament if possible. Could be a smaller tournament if teams like FSU or UVa want to avoid getting players sick during tourny or BC/Miami just says they are ready to shut it down.
Depends on how serious they are about playing in the NCAA tournament. Most teams will need to win the ACC tournament or make a strong showing to get to the NCAA tournament.

If Clemson refuses to play in Chapel Hill during that last week where both schools have open dates they should not be given that 4th place seating. It was Clemson's problems that led to the game being postponed in the 1st place and there is no reason they can't put some shoes on and drive up to the hill and settle this on the court. Maybe it's time to change their team colors to yellow.

I say anybody who opts out of a conference tourney should be excluded from the Dance! They get an unfair advantage since they are less likely to be injured or have tired legs!

Reactions: strummingram
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT