ADVERTISEMENT

According to Chansky, Fed ain't going anywhere

OMG, I'm really hoping there isn't any truth to the "basketball" reason. Yes, UNC is and will always be a basketball school, but that doesn't mean the athletic department shouldn't hold high standards for the football program. Other schools have done well at both even when one sport was more dominant than the other.

I'm not saying we should be Alabama in football, but at least be competitive and relevant.

OMG, I'm really hoping there isn't any truth to the "basketball" reason. Yes, UNC is and will always be a basketball school, but that doesn't mean the athletic department shouldn't hold high standards for the football program. Other schools have done well at both even when one sport was more dominant than the other.

I'm not saying we should be Alabama in football, but at least be competitive and relevant.
It might have been true under the previous ad, but not Bubba.

Reactions: MWHeels

Nobody should be Alabama. Not even Alabama should be Alabama. I would bet that we will find out that is one of the dirtiest programs in the history of college football, after Saban retires.

There's no reason we can't be on the same level as Clemson though.

As much as I dislike this POS...He is spot on...UNC could care less about football...

As much as I dislike this POS...He is spot on...UNC could care less about football...
Your takes are so bad. That's not even remotely accurate.

ETA: Now that I reread your post, you're actually right. They could care less since they care a lot.

Reactions: Archer2
I talked with a friend of mine today (former player and friend to some on the board) and I asked him about Fedora. He told me about a recent conversation he had with with a trustee and right now Fedora is safe because his buy out was more than they are willing to shell out at this point. He said it would take the heavy hitters to get involved to remove Fedora at this point, and that won't likely to happen for at least the next couple years.
The article is spot on with that. Back to the flower mill papi.

Last edited:
I talked with a friend of mine today (former player and friend to some on the board) and I asked him about Fedora. He told me about a recent conversation he had with with a trustee and right now Fedora is safe because his buy out was more than they are willing to shell out at this point. He said it would take the heavy hitters to get involved to remove Fedora at this point, and that won't likely to happen for at least the next couple years.
The article is spot on with that. Back to the flower papi.
Ah chihuahua! This is exactly what I am afraid of. I pray that it isn't true, but my heart thinks it is just how UNC would handle this catastrophe.

somebody contact hardee's and set up that free unc game day ticket with the purchase of a chicken biscuit - the same one state did several years ago.

next season ticket renewal calls are going to be like an old SNL skit - send $500 if you want one, $1500 if you don't

The article is spot on with that. Back to the flower papi.
AJ has said the money is there to buy him out assuming we can get a decent coach. I've heard that from another person as well, but they aren't as plugged in.

Your takes are so bad. That's not even remotely accurate.

ETA: Now that I reread your post, you're actually right. They could care less since they care a lot.

How old are you...Reason I ask that is because I am 41...I have seen UNC football good 1 time in my lifetime.the last years of Mack Brown...

Reactions: skubby12002
Chansky always speaks for the UNC basketball-only and basketball-first fans. I do not mean that 100% of them always agree with him on all particulars, but that the clear majority of those 2 groups agree with Chansky's main assertions.

Chansky defended the hiring of Torbush and opposed calls to fire Torbush after he lost to 1AA Furman and had only 3 Wins his 2nd season. He opposed Torbush fired after Year 3. He always backed Bunting. He HATED Butch.

Chansky may not be correct that Fedora is definitely safe, but you can bet that Chansky desperately wants it that way - and so do a clear majority of UNC basketball boosters.

i don't think chansky is as connected with roy and bubba in charge as he was but he's still someone who should be listened to.
as irritating as it is.

Oh come on he can’t be fired for two reasons one the buyout as stated and secondly he just received a commitment from a 2 star RB.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
If Fedora is retained for at least 2 more seasons then I truly don't know what to think.Mind boggling is the term I would use I guess. This would set football back so far that we would need a freakin telescope to remotely see a light at the end of the tunnel. After 45 yrs I'm truly at the point of accepting the fact that football is an afterthought in Chapel Hill, and it hurts me to the core to feel this way.SMDH!!!

If Fedora is retained for at least 2 more seasons then I truly don't know what to think.Mind boggling is the term I would use I guess. This would set football back so far that we would need a freakin telescope to remotely see a light at the end of the tunnel. After 45 yrs I'm truly at the point of accepting the fact that football is an afterthought in Chapel Hill, and it hurts me to the core to feel this way.SMDH!!!
If he is allowed to return for 2019, the odds are good he will be back for 2020. We do not have to land a former 4* grad transfer QB to get to a bowl next year. We have more than enough talent returning to win at least 7 games with the schedule. But even an 8-4 record will not significantly improve recruiting from where it is now. HS coaches and players already have assessments of Fedora and the probability of his lasting 4 more years.

So if Fedora comes back, we probably make a bowl, with at least 7 wins. They will not fire Fedora when he gets back to a bowl. So he will be around in 2020, when we could have so little talent on D, and so little upper class talent on offense, that we have another 3 or 4 win season.

A new coach starting in 2021 will inherit a much worse program than would a new HC staring in 2019.

Art Chansky would be happy with that.

I spoke with a parent of a recruit that was at the least to say was not impressed with Fedora . His son said that others recruits came away with the same impression. To much blow not enough show !!!!!

I spoke with a parent of a recruit that was at the least to say was not impressed with Fedora . His son said that others recruits came away with the same impression. To much blow not enough show !!!!!
Over time, that is what happens. If you talk really big but fail to produce big results, you start to become a joke in the eyes of people .

Reactions: franklin street
I think the level clemson is at can be attained with a reasonably clean program.
No Chansky.

Yeah, I’m sure this happened.

Reactions: lerario
No Chansky.

Maybe not with our academic standards, but it coukd be done. Takes extremely high level coaching and recruiting. Not every 5* or high 4* expects to get paid or get free housing for their parents.

Now if you mean every student athlete doing the same amount of schoolwork as a regular student... then probably not.

Maybe not with our academic standards, but it coukd be done. Takes extremely high level coaching and recruiting. Not every 5* or high 4* expects to get paid or get free housing for their parents.

Now if you mean every student athlete doing the same amount of schoolwork as a regular student... then probably not.
UNC will never win at the level of Clemson unless rules change where it’s legal to pay players.

UNC will never win at the level of Clemson unless rules change where it’s legal to pay players.

There’s no reason to make that big of an assumption. It may be unlikely, but the odds are not zero.

you mean like kentucky?

There’s no reason to make that big of an assumption. It may be unlikely, but the odds are not zero.
If UNC is unwilling to get in the mud with recruiting and pay for elite coaches and admin, then I can say with absolute certainty we will never be at Clemson’s current level.

If UNC is unwilling to get in the mud with recruiting and pay for elite coaches and admin, then I can say with absolute certainty we will never be at Clemson’s current level.

Not sure what you mean by getting in the mud. Do you mean cheating? Or just taking the metaphorical gloves off?

And I’m not so sure that we’re not willing to pay for elite coaches. The recent trend has been towards upping the level of investment in the football program.

Not sure what you mean by getting in the mud. Do you mean cheating? Or just taking the metaphorical gloves off?

And I’m not so sure that we’re not willing to pay for elite coaches. The recent trend has been towards upping the level of investment in the football program.
- Yes. Cheating. Ronnie Harrison was coming here until he found out he could get money and a Challenger at Bama. We might win an occasional recruit who isn’t interested in that stuff. But they will be few and far between.

- Dabo and Venables make more in one year than our entire football staff. Saban makes more than our entire football staff. Mendehall at uva makes $1MM per year than Fedora. UNC won’t pay big boy money like Clemson, Aggie, Bama, Etc.

Reactions: lerario
- Yes. Cheating. Ronnie Harrison was coming here until he found out he could get money and a Challenger at Bama. We might win an occasional recruit who isn’t interested in that stuff. But they will be few and far between.

- Dabo and Venables make more in one year than our entire football staff. Saban makes more than our entire football staff. Mendehall at uva makes $1MM per year than Fedora. UNC won’t pay big boy money like Clemson, Aggie, Bama, Etc.

Okay fair enough. That stuff is usually handled through boosters, not directly through the program. But if some UNC boosters want to start buying cars for recruits to get us a playoff bid then they should make those moves lol

You’re right. We aren’t paying big boy money now. But if the money can be raised it could be a possibility in the future

Last edited:
No Chansky.

A co-worker's nefew (4*) visited Carolina. He said UNC was so unorganized that it was almost funny. His words exactly = "Carolina is a joke". So I don't doubt what Heelfan says at all. FWIW. He going to State.

We're obviously paying way too much for a bad coach.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT