ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama vs. Clemson IV Thread

It's amazing how even this game became a blowout when it seemed like these two teams were pretty evenly matched.

Mack has hard work cut out for him to dethrone Dabo and Clemson.
That ain't gonna happen, dude.

Swinney has the ACC locked down for a long time. And, Mack Brown isn't going to challenge that. Especially after this kind of dominance. Clemson will be the ACC kings for a long, long time.

Reactions: midline
Fortunately, they are in the other division. Let's focus on the in-state rivals and Coastal first.
Gotta think big - I'm expecting the team to compete for the Coastal next year. It is wide open. And if we win the Coastal, we will be facing Clemson.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
They're our crossover opponent this year.

And that's fine. Right now, I'll probably pencil that it in as a loss. If the team improves next year and has a solid recruiting class, I'm happy with that. It will take time to truly be in a position to compete.

Reactions: Archer2
If I'm Swinney, I wouldn't even want the Alabama job after Saban. He's got the perfect gig right now.
Exactly. If he stays at Clemson, he will easily surpass the popularity and "exalted" status of Danny Ford. They'll name a field after him, erect statues, and the works. He's a YOUNG coach still. If he goes to Alabama, he has huge shoes to fill and he'll always be in the shadow of Bear Bryant and Saban. He can be the ultimate football royalty at Clemson. He already IS that. I think he will stay at Clemson for good.

If I'm Swinney, I wouldn't even want the Alabama job after Saban. He's got the perfect gig right now.
True.'

Dabo is far and away the biggest legend at Clemson. He is Clemson's Bear Bryant. It is insane to leave where you are a true Legend.

Dean Smith would have been nuts to ever go to KU.

I remember everyone laughing at Clemson when they made him the permanent head coach. Now they're a monster.

Reactions: Realfreedom
According to Rivals team rankings, only 2 ACC teams are currently in the top 20. That number needs to be a lot higher.

True.'

Dabo is far and away the biggest legend at Clemson. He is Clemson's Bear Bryant. It is insane to leave where you are a true Legend.

Dean Smith would have been nuts to ever go to KU.
how smart would he have been to take the ucla job?

Someone needs to hire Venables as a head coach. I think that's the only way to weaken them right now.

Don't be fooled. Clemson's success all starts and stops with Dabo. Venebles is good, but no better than many others. The difference? He has better players. And that always is the difference. Few seem to remember when Venebles was getting g demoted at Oklahoma because the same scheme's he runs now couldn't stop a cold.

Clemson didn’t get the memo that you can’t do this to the SEC. screw bama and the SEC.

That is more impressive than any 4 year run by UNC basketball: 2 National Championships, 1 National Runner Up, 1 National Semi-Final loss.

It's hard to compare the two sports. There's a lot more parity in college basketball, and the ACC is a much stronger basketball conference than football. I think what the Tyler / Danny / Wayne class accomplished is close to this despite only getting the one title.

It's hard to compare the two sports. There's a lot more parity in college basketball, and the ACC is a much stronger basketball conference than football. I think what the Tyler / Danny / Wayne class accomplished is close to this despite only getting the one title.
It’s tougher to win a title in basketball. You have to win six games in a row against increasingly difficult competition. Plus there’s much more parity in college basketball.

That being said, I would give anything to have Dabo as our head coach. He’s one of the best college football coaches I’ve seen in a long time and his players love him. Thing is, I’m not sure our administration would hire a man who is so obviously Christian and mentions it on a regular basis.

Great coach, great program, and a complete domination of a team most thought unbeatable. Congratulations Tigers!

Clemson deserves all the credit for their run. College football right now is Clemson, Alabama and then a gap between everyone else. Hopefully more teams will step up to close the gap and make the sport more exciting.

Dabo is such a good dude. I’m more than happy to see his success if you read about all the things he went through growing up with his moms health, homelessness, etc.

Actually, this just goes to show how sometimes these AD's are not the know everything guys they are sometimes given credit for. Dabo was far from the first choice when he got the job. They wanted a bigger name, but couldn't get anybody to bite. In the meantime Dabo beat a couple meager ACC teams, and most importantly USC, during his term as interim. And in his way, said all the right things that made the Clemson nation feel good. At the end of the process he was their best option by default. Sometimes the Lord takes care of us when we don't have the sense to take care of ourselves.

ESPN rated his hire a D+
Did they really? Wow!

Actually, this just goes to show how sometimes these AD's are not the know everything guys they are sometimes given credit for. Dabo was far from the first choice when he got the job. They wanted a bigger name, but couldn't get anybody to bite. In the meantime Dabo beat a couple meager ACC teams, and most importantly USC, during his term as interim. And in his way, said all the right things that made the Clemson nation feel good. At the end of the process he was their best option by default. Sometimes the Lord takes care of us when we don't have the sense to take care of ourselves.
Well said. He’s my favorite college football coach by a mile.

Did they really? Wow!
Oh man, and I just saw it came from that moron Pat Forde. Even better.

DwXMzGtVAAEe1t-

No one really knows how these coaches will turn out. I think Fedora got all B's and above when he was hired.

No one really knows how these coaches will turn out. I think Fedora got all B's and above when he was hired.
Indeed. It’s very subjective. Timing plays a big role as well. Clemson was the right place at exactly the right time for Dabo. The culture of the Clemson area fits him perfectly. In my opinion, he would be foolish to leave. If I were Dabo, I’d stay at Clemson until I retire.

He may stay, but with his 2nd NC he stands on his own. Going to be hard for him to resist coaching Bama when Saban quits. But Dabo is in the perfect culture for him at Clemson. And his unabashed reliance on his faith even seems to be a recruiting advantage. That might draw some type of protest in Chapel Hill. But while Dabo gets all the credit, some of it does need to go to Tommy Bowden. He was the one that got the ball rolling in the arms race of facilities in Clemson. That was all his doing. Dabo just got to benefit from all the toys they built. That being said, Dabo did have the sense to take advantage of it where I am not sure Bowden had the personality to take it to the same level

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT