ADVERTISEMENT

Any recruiting news?

It seems you're dogging all my posts. Get a life. Otherwise , GFY. You're like a gnat constantly buzzing around. It's as if you feel it's your duty to defend Fed against his detractors. Just stop it. He's gone . It's water under the bridge.
I just can’t stand emotional shit posting. You post like a teenage girl. I like pointing out your agenda and fake news. I’ll continue to ridicule your terrible takes as long as you make them.

I just can’t stand emotional shit posting. You post like a teenage girl. I like pointing out your agenda and fake news. I’ll continue to ridicule your terrible takes as long as you make them.
Like a teenage girl. Weak sauce kid. I'm twice your age and have much more life experience. You continue your petty sniping and your defense of Fed. It only makes you look foolish.

Reactions: reggaeheel
Like a teenage girl. Weak sauce kid. I'm twice your age and have much more life experience. You continue your petty sniping and your defense of Fed. It only makes you look foolish.
It’s not sniping to point out fallacies. Making up stuff to support your narrative is lame. If you are twice my age that’s even more sad. Why post emotional drivel? What’s the point? You make shit up and I will call you on it. Don’t like it? Don’t post fake news, old man.

It’s not sniping to point out fallacies. Making up stuff to support your narrative is lame. If you are twice my age that’s even more sad. Why post emotional drivel? What’s the point? You make shit up and I will call you on it. Don’t like it? Don’t post fake news, old man.
If I could buy you for what you're worth and sell you for what you think you're worth, I'd make a fortune. You're truly a legend in your own mind.

I think a small class could actually help this year, as strange as that sounds. The staff won't have enough time to sign a bunch of high profile guys in this class, so taking a small class for 2019 will free up scholarships to sign a huge class in 2020, and those guys will be the foundation of Mack's rebuild.

Reactions: franklin street
I like having the recruiting class size pretty equal across years to avoid a big dropoff down the line but it's no guarantee. Not likely to happen with the 19 class for several reasons. I would much prefer to get 4-6 quality recruits in this class than trying to get 20 knowing that 10+ of them will never likely move the program forward.

We've kept out best recruit, the RB, but RB is our deepest position by far.

We need to hire an assistant who has some relationship to Darnell Wright, the OT who is highschool buddy of Billy Ross. That type of OT addition would setup our OL for several yrs. Tenn was a lean at one time...

hoping he lets the OC make some of those choice woadblue cause you made a good observation
That's the reason we needed coordinators ASAP. We needed them to be central to signing this recruiting class.

The odds are huge that no one has de-committed because going to UNC is unthinkable without Larry Fedora as HC. They have de-committed because it has been made clear to them that Mack really doesn't want them. What Mack may not have considered is that his D and O coordinators might see value in and want to keep 1 or 2 or 3 of them. This is Mack being micro-manager, not a CEO who delegates authority and allows his coordinators to do their jobs fully.

The problems are probably worse when we think about adding players to the class, especially any heavily recruited players. If you were Sam Howell, for example, would you commit to UNC not knowing who the OC is? Not knowing the OC is also the QB coach and if not, who the QB coach is? Not knowing who the OL and WR coaches are?

All of a sudden this horrible class has turned to mediocre... and that's no slight I am so happy that we are getting kids who we know can make a difference and not kids whonwe all know will never be a real contributor

Reactions: MWHeels
All of a sudden this horrible class has turned to mediocre... and that's no slight I am so happy that we are getting kids who we know can make a difference and not kids whonwe all know will never be a real contributor

I'm hoping we can add a few more defensive players to this class. I think we already have some quality players on offense, but the defense definitely needs some work.

Any chance we can flip 4* QB Sam Howell, now that the FSU OC is taking HC job at UMass ?
We definitely have a chance now, but not sure if it's enough for it to happen. He would no doubt be a great one to get, but I'm not too concerned about the QB situation. I'd be ok with Mack flipping some top DL recruits though.

Reactions: MWHeels and Archer2

Don’t know if he is a walk on or got a offer but he is a Tar Heel...6’3 195 WR and another N.C. kid from The Charlotte area...

Reactions: Archer2
True. Ruder and Fortin have the potential to give us solid QB play for years.
Yes they do. The big question is: will they both stay for at least 3 more years?

I would be happy to play both, using the hot hand. They have slightly different styles and skill sets. But not enough that it requires a new offensive strategy against foes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT