ADVERTISEMENT

Any recruiting news?

He’s not a Walk on. Read the article said “UNC was one of eighteen schools to offer him.”

I have some ABC'er friends in the Charlotte area and wanted their thoughts of this kid. They said he can ball, especially in the return game. On O, give him the ball in space as he'll shake and bake.

He’s not a Walk on. Read the article said “UNC was one of eighteen schools to offer him.”
Wasn't he primarily offered by 1AA programs?

That is not necessarily bad even a bit. Some guys are totally overlooked in recruiting, and some are overlooked until late.

I think I recall his name among players that Wake was considering offering.

Wasn't he primarily offered by 1AA programs?

That is not necessarily bad even a bit. Some guys are totally overlooked in recruiting, and some are overlooked until late.

I think I recall his name among players that Wake was considering offering.

He played on a bad North Meck team this year. The opposing team knew nearly everything went through him, and he still got his.

Hough and Mallard Creek are two of the better teams in the state. Here is what he did against those teams in three games this year..

20 receptions
458 receiving yards
4 TD's

Reactions: matt 1976
He played on a bad North Meck team this year. The opposing team knew nearly everything went through him, and he still got his.

Hough and Mallard Creek are two of the better teams in the state. Here is what he did against those teams in three games this year..

20 receptions
458 receiving yards
4 TD's

Yea I noticed in the clip I posted he was putting in work on Mallerd Creek...

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Seems like it may be something going on with Sam Howell the QB...He has a strong relationship with Dre Bly..

We have a punter committed: Ben Kiernan. He averaged 45.8 yards per punt, on 39 attempts, last year.

He grew up in Ireland playing rugby, which means he can run or lateral out of the punt formation.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
Glad to have him onboard but I hope the punter isn't as important in 2019 as it has been the last couple of years.

If he was a student at Carolina all year does that cost him a year of eligibility?

So he would still have 5 years of eligibility (including a redshirt or injury year)?

I think his coach and people say full scholarship.
And Mack pictured with him does not look like a new HC with a preferred walk on.

My guess is that Mack sees in him what he saw in some WRs he had at Texas: they don't seem quite fast enough, but they run perfect routes and have very good hands and block very well and always work to come back to the ball when the QB faces pressure. Classic 'possession' receiver. They make fast Home Run WRs more dangerous.

Reactions: KOOL123 and MWHeels
Rumors are that Khadry Jackson has committed to UNC after leaving Pitt.

Mack flips another one, this time from Pitt. Khadry Jackson, a 6-2, 190 pound safety from Florida, to attend UNC. He was recruited as a linebacker. Mack made him a priority and Chad Scott went to work. We've moved up 12 spots from 69th to 57th since Mack took over. Mack having a pretty remarkable impact on our 2019 class in a very short period of time.

Sorry MWHeels, you beat me to it by a minute.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWHeels
I can't believe the impact Mack is making on this year's class. I thought for sure he came in to late. So glad to be wrong.

Go Heels!

Khadry Jackson to attend UNC. Mack flips another one, this time from Pitt. Mack made him a priority and Chad Scott went to work. Mack having a pretty remarkable impact on our 2019 class since arriving at UNC. We've moved up 12 spots from 69th to 57th since Mack took over.

I saw an article just after Mack was hired that was talking about programs that had a lot of work to do in regards to 2019 class, and they showed UNC at #91. Regardless, he's done a hell of a job in both getting commits and what appears to be a solid coaching staff together. Can't wait until next fall.

Reactions: Archer2 and MWHeels
Mack flips another one, this time from Pitt. Khadry Jackson, a 6-2, 190 pound safety from Florida, to attend UNC. He was recruited as a linebacker. Mack made him a priority and Chad Scott went to work. We've moved up 12 spots from 69th to 57th since Mack took over. Mack having a pretty remarkable impact on our 2019 class in a very short period of time.

No need to apologize Archer. We must have both seen the news at the same time lol.

A few recent predictions for Sam Howell have him flipping to UNC and that was before the Longo hire. He would be a great addition to this class.

We need to offer Lee Kpogba the Syracuse LB commit. He’s from N.C. and when asked about where he thought Jaden McKenzie ends up he said unc because if he was him that’s where he would go. Just reading between the lines sounds like he would love to get an offer. Lord knows we need linebackers too.

We need to offer Lee Kpogba the Syracuse LB commit. He’s from N.C. and when asked about where he thought Jaden McKenzie ends up he said unc because if he was him that’s where he would go. Just reading between the lines sounds like he would love to get an offer. Lord knows we need linebackers too.

I’ve wondered for months why we didn’t get in the mix when he recommitted from
West Virginia and then chose Syracuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT