ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone going to any concerts?

chickenhunter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
I plan to go to several in the next few months.

Friday night, March 4 at the Cats Cradle in Carrboro, Im going to see KRS-ONE.

March 8, Kingfish Ingram at DPAC.

April 2nd, New Edition, Charlie Wilson, Jodeci at Greensboro Coliseum.

May 17th, KISS at Walnut Creek.

June 18, Kid Rock at Walnut Creek.

July 31, Rage Against the Machine, Run The Jewels at PNC.

Will also be at DPAC for Kingfish.
RHCP
Foo Fighters
If Pearl Jam ever gives us dates for their (supposedly spring) U.S. tour we have tickets from the canceled 2020 show in Nashville.

Friday night, the wife and I saw We Banjo 3 at the Hamilton Live in DC. They said it was only their second show in over two years and they are a band that pretty much makes it by touring. Irish guys who do a hybrid between Irish and bluegrass/country if you've never heard of them.

Reactions: chickenhunter
lol. My old white dude concert list is solid/embarrassing...McCartney, Eagles, Phil Collins, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Petty.
I saw Billy Joel about 15 years ago. Great show. One of the better ones I've been to. I've heard it's difficult to get tickets to a Petty concert.

Reactions: carolinablue34
I saw Billy Joel about 15 years ago. Great show. One of the better ones I've been to. I've heard it's difficult to get tickets to a Petty concert.
Yeah, I think God (or Satan) lists them pretty expensive on StubHub.

Dillon Fence
Yacht Rock Revue
Foo Fighters
Paul McCartney
Toto

Probably the least cool list of concerts I’ve ever had, but I’m fine with it. I’m just biding my time until I can ever get to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Dillon Fence
Yacht Rock Revue
Foo Fighters
Paul McCartney
Toto

Probably the least cool list of concerts I’ve ever had, but I’m fine with it. I’m just biding my time until I can ever get to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

I love that old song.

Update:

Saw KRS ONE, Kingfish, New Edition. great concerts.

Going to see Jimmy Buffett tomorrow at Walnut Creek.

KISS in May.

Kid Rock in June

Billy Strings at Koka Booth in Cary i June (cant wait for this!)

RATM in July at PNC

Just saw where Wu Tang and Nas are coming to Raleigh later this year. Might have to check that out. Trying to go to NIN next week, but hard to do on a school night when you have kids.

Just saw where Wu Tang and Nas are coming to Raleigh later this year. Might have to check that out. Trying to go to NIN next week, but hard to do on a school night when you have kids.

I saw Wu Tang open for RATM in '97. Damn, that was awesome. Especially having all 9 original members.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Presale code for today is QQVTFYUH, just in case anyone wants it. It's not just Raleigh venues. It's places across the state.

Ended up buying tickets for six concerts, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to all of them. The only issue is some of those concerts were ones my wife wanted to see. I'm hoping I can get her sister to go with her for those, otherwise I'll be suffering those nights.

Nas/ Wu Tang
Alice In Chains/Breaking Benjamin/Bush
Keith Urban
The Chicks
Maren Morris
Train/Jewel

Going to see Kid Rock tomorrow night at Walnut Creek. I missed the KISS concert because I had covid. Felt fine...a little head and chest congestion. That's it.

Billy Strings next Friday. Looking forward to seeing him. He is such a great musician.

Going to see Kid Rock tomorrow night at Walnut Creek. I missed the KISS concert because I had covid. Felt fine...a little head and chest congestion. That's it.

Billy Strings next Friday. Looking forward to seeing him. He is such a great musician.
I've seen Kid Rock twice. Put on an excellent show both times. First time I saw him was the best concert I've been to. It was Powerman 5000, System of a Down, Kid Rock, Korn and Metallica. The second time was as a headliner. He played for around two hours and brought out Rev Run. They did about five Run DMC songs.

Tomorrow evening, going to put the boat in the Cape Fear River at Wilmington, sit in the harbor next to the arena and listen to the Black Crows.

Edit: We have a home in Hampstead so hopefully @heelmanwilm won't classify us as tourists;)
You should hear it just fine. We were on the 10th row at Walnut Creek, and it was so loud I couldn’t hear it…..but we loved it!

Last edited:
You should hear it just fine. We were on the 10th row at Walnut Creek, and it was so loud I couldn’t hear it…..but we loved it!
Yep, we heard it just fine and as loud as it was from a distance, if you were in the 10th row in Raleigh, I don’t see how you came away without being totally deaf. :oops:

Yep, we heard it just fine and as loud as it was from a distance, if you were in the 10th row in Raleigh, I don’t see how you came away without being totally deaf. :oops:
It was interesting because the vocals where just a total static, needle-pinning distorted noise. When I watched my videos afterwards they sounded fantastic, so it was clearly overloading my tympanic membranes at those frequencies.

It wasn’t as much of a problem as Carolina Hurricanes have gotten to be. The PA is so loud there, that I have had hearing loss in one of my ears ever since the Feb 19 home game. For some reason these sports venues think that they have to crank it up and scream at us every time the ball/puck isn’t in play. Leave us alone!

I see that Motley Crue/Poison/Joan Jett are coming to Charlotte. Not going but I did like some of their songs back in high school.

It was interesting because the vocals where just a total static, needle-pinning distorted noise. When I watched my videos afterwards they sounded fantastic, so it was clearly overloading my tympanic membranes at those frequencies.

It wasn’t as much of a problem as Carolina Hurricanes have gotten to be. The PA is so loud there, that I have had hearing loss in one of my ears ever since the Feb 19 home game. For some reason these sports venues think that they have to crank it up and scream at us every time the ball/puck isn’t in play. Leave us alone!
that's interesting. My brother is a big Van Halen fan and had seen them a number of times but I had never seen them. He got us tickets to a Greensboro show, and they were upper and overlooking the stage from almost the side. There was a big suspended speaker just in front of us. When they started playing, it was just a super loud, distorted ear-splitting mess to me but it didn't seem to be the same for him. I had to retreat to the concourse, and there were some other people out there apparently trying to cope as well.

I figured the problem was that they were overdriving that speaker and the sound was breaking up. I never thought about it being my ears themselves. Yikes..

That explains why the entire crowd didn't walk out, I guess. Because it was truly terrible to me.

that's interesting. My brother is a big Van Halen fan and had seen them a number of times but I had never seen them. He got us tickets to a Greensboro show, and they were upper and overlooking the stage from almost the side. There was a big suspended speaker just in front of us. When they started playing, it was just a super loud, distorted ear-splitting mess to me but it didn't seem to be the same for him. I had to retreat to the concourse, and there were some other people out there apparently trying to cope as well.

I figured the problem was that they were overdriving that speaker and the sound was breaking up. I never thought about it being my ears themselves. Yikes..

That explains why the entire crowd didn't walk out, I guess. Because it was truly terrible to me.
I assume you mean the ~2012 show with Kool & The Gang opening. We were upstairs toward the corner from you. Sound in Greensboro is bad. I’ve seen VH and Rush 2X there since they expanded it and all 4 concerts didn’t sound that great.

Reactions: bluetoe
I assume you mean the ~2012 show with Kool & The Gang opening. We were upstairs toward the corner from you. Sound in Greensboro is bad. I’ve seen VH and Rush 2X there since they expanded it and all 4 concerts didn’t sound that great.
you are exactly right about K&tG opening although I have to take your word for the year. My sense of time is completely wack. It was the worst concert I've ever experienced because of the sound. And I am anything but a DLR fan and he was annoying to me. Eddie did a solo thing that wasn't bad, so the show wasn't a total disappointment. Seeing Kool was a trip. I've posted here before that my then wife got me the first CD player marketed in this country, before most people had ever heard of them. She picked up three CD's with it and one of them was a Kool and the Gang. So seeing them had sentimental appeal.

I saw ZZ Top way back when (?) with Robert Cray opening and we were toward the back on the side, and the sound wasn't that bad. That was a really good show. Cray was awesome.

Reactions: JimmyNaismith
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT