ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone going to any concerts?

Going to see LL Cool J tomorrow at PNC. De La Soul, Juvenile, Rakim also on the bill. Im most excited to see DJ Jazzy Jeff. IMO, the absolute best DJ ever. His ability to scratch and mix music without the fake turntables, using actual vinyl to mix and scratch.

At the LL concert.
It was a pretty good show. Excited to see all of them on the same bill.

I do have some issues with the show.

I love The Roots. Fantastic musical artists. Black Thought is always on point. However, I am not accustomed to seeing/hearing live bands doing backgrounds for hip hop shows. Im used to the rappers and their DJ. The mics were too loud and then times were music was drowning out the rapper. Happened a lot during Rakim. Juvenile and Petey Pablo looked like the gained 100 lbs each.

Cool J was great but, again, I didn't like the band as the background music. I would have much rather it be just him and Z Trip. Same with Rakim. His mic was either turned down or the band was very loud. A buncha good looking women around my age (58). It was a damn show in my section when Back yo ass up came on, These ladies were acting like it was 25 years ago. I couldn't look much. Had someone with me.

Was disappointed that Jazzy Jeff only did a few minutes of his scratching skills. It wasn't anything I hadn't seen him do previously. It was priceless to see, IMO, the greatest mc and greatest DJ ever and on stage together.

Not really a concert per se but heading to a local brewery to hear “phantom playboys” tonight. One of the most entertaining bands I’ve ever seen. They play rockabilly which I never listen to but in a live setting with this group of misfit clowns it is so much fun. The crowd will be crazy into it and errrbody gonna get laid.

I was there as well. I didnt expect so many people to be there. We didnt go inside, we sat in parking lot, cooked, drank, smoked, and listen to the music.
Why wouldn't you expect so many people there? Despite the fact some people have given them the they suck level, they have a massive fanbase. Brantley Gilbert was really good too. I don't usually expect much from a true opening band, but I was pleasantly surprised. He could easily headline a smaller tour.

Reactions: chickenhunter
We will agree to disagree there. No distance is too far for those two glorious things.
You can get better hookers here but that other commodity is on a whole 'nother level there, a friend was telling me.

There’s an incredible venue here in wilm, greenfield amphitheater which is in a heavily wooded area bordering a lake. Saw a band last week as the sun was setting called “blue October” which has a large following evidently but I had never heard of them. I’m a fan now. Great show.

There’s an incredible venue here in wilm, greenfield amphitheater which is in a heavily wooded area bordering a lake. Saw a band last week as the sun was setting called “blue October” which has a large following evidently but I had never heard of them. I’m a fan now. Great show.
How have you never heard of them? Hate Me was playing all the time when it first came out.

You can get better hookers here but that other commodity is on a whole 'nother level there, a friend was telling me.

This is the exact opposite of what I would have thought. You're saying that you can get better hookers here than a place that is known for their hookers? And as far as the diesel, why would it be better there than here? Are you suggesting that American dealers chop theirs up too much and Amsterdam doesn't? While I'm fairly well versed in both topics, I'm not necessarily arguing your point. I just need clarification for it to make sense to me.

This is the exact opposite of what I would have thought. You're saying that you can get better hookers here than a place that is known for their hookers? And as far as the diesel, why would it be better there than here? Are you suggesting that American dealers chop theirs up too much and Amsterdam doesn't? While I'm fairly well versed in both topics, I'm not necessarily arguing your point. I just need clarification for it to make sense to me.
they are known for having hookers; hookers who advertise on TV and hookers who are on public display in picture windows. They are known for the permissiveness of allowing prostitution. They are not necessarily known for those being exceptionally great hookers, though one might make that assumption. On the other hand, my friend says there are really good ones here.

Pure blow is pure blow, I believe. You have already taken it from there. The way I see it, the less baby laxative one ingests the better. No one wants babies to run out of laxative.

• Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
if stand-up counts, saw theo von last night…he was incredible…highly recommend if he’s in your town.

So far I have Gary Clark Jr., RHCP, and Green Day on the schedule for this summer/fall. Really want to go see Royal Blood (opening for Queens of the Stone Age) in Wilmington but it's a Tuesday night during school so there's no good way for us to swing that.

Went to see Static X, Sevendust, and Dope at HOB in Myrtle Beach last Thursday. Great show, packed like sardines in that bish.

I bought my season pass yesyerday for Walnut Creek in Raleigh. 240 for entire season. Lawn seats. Looking for to RHCP with Ice Cube, Chicago with EWF, Styx with Foreigner, NKOTB with Paula Abdul and Jazzy Jeff, Doobie Brothers with Steve Winwood. Gonna be a great summer!!

Reactions: tarheel0910
Went to see Static X, Sevendust, and Dope at HOB in Myrtle Beach last Thursday. Great show, packed like sardines in that bish.

I bought my season pass yesyerday for Walnut Creek in Raleigh. 240 for entire season. Lawn seats. Looking for to RHCP with Ice Cube, Chicago with EWF, Styx with Foreigner, NKOTB with Paula Abdul and Jazzy Jeff, Doobie Brothers with Steve Winwood. Gonna be a great summer!!

$240 to attend every show this year? That is an amazing deal.

And lawn seats are the only seats for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT