ADVERTISEMENT

Apathy

midline

Hall of Famer
Dec 27, 2007
Probably the worst thing that can happen to a program. You are playing a rival. One that is a stones throw from your own campus. Stand behind UNC bench are at least half empty. And this is a small stadium. As long as folks are mad, but engaged, you can dig your way out. But when folks just don't care anymore, things are hitting rock bottom. May beat Duke, may not. Doesn't matter. Look I. The stands Bubba. That tells you everything you need to know.

Probably the worst thing that can happen to a program. You are playing a rival. One that is a stones throw from your own campus. Stand behind UNC bench are at least half empty. And this is a small stadium. As long as folks are mad, but engaged, you can dig your way out. But when folks just don't care anymore, things are hitting rock bottom. May beat Duke, may not. Doesn't matter. Look I. The stands Bubba. That tells you everything you need to know.
Are the seats behind them the visitors section?

Don’t forget we were Top 10 in the country and played dook at home on Senior Day..Mack’s last game..I was there and nobody showed up...

It’s UNC football fans...

Are the seats behind them the visitors section?

Does it matter? If Duke ever sold out a football game they probably wouldn't be, but when a school that takes football seriously it is full of their colors. Hell, Clemson manages to fill 3/4 of the stadium when they go up there. You could walk to Wallace Wade from Chapel Hill, and it's devoid of UNC support. Sad thing about it, and folks have said it for years, is that UNC could be real good in football but the current culture needs to be turned to the ground

Does it matter? If Duke ever sold out a football game they probably wouldn't be, but when a school that takes football seriously it is full of their colors. Hell, Clemson manages to fill 3/4 of the stadium when they go up there. You could walk to Wallace Wade from Chapel Hill, and it's devoid of UNC support. Sad thing about it, and folks have said it for years, is that UNC could be real good in football but the current culture needs to be turned to the ground
You singled it out, so yes it matters.

He’s got 14 million reasons why it ain’t bothering him too much.
Ohhhh! Okay. Well, I feel better now! Fans love to know it's not bothering the coach that his team has 2 wins against Div 1 teams in over 2 1/2 years... and both those wins were the same school. No problem. It's getting to where I hope UNC loses to WNC to make sure they can his ass.

And, who could he possibly manage to recruit at this point? "Hey! I've driven this team straight into the toilet! I have no prospects, nothing to look forward to, or build upon. You should come play for me and enjoy the empty stadium!"

Reactions: ohio tarheels
Ohhhh! Okay. Well, I feel better now! Fans love to know it's not bothering the coach that his team has 2 wins against Div 1 teams in over 2 1/2 years... and both those wins were the same school. No problem. It's getting to where I hope UNC loses to WNC to make sure they can his ass.
I'm sure you realize I was being sarcastic.

Personally, I could never pull for the Heels to lose a game regardless of the situation they're in, but if we lose to WCU... if anything wouldn't seal Larry's fate, then I don't know what would.

Reactions: strummingram
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT