ADVERTISEMENT

Are two seconds enough time before shooting someone.

Baby Debo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2004
Trying to find the article where a police officer responded to a breaking and entering call, told the homeowner to drop the weapon, and shot him 2 seconds later. I think it was reported by the Associated Press. Just posted this to get your opinions, with the rash of police shootings, i think this officer shot first and take the consequences later.

I can't answer that until I'm looking down the barrel of a gun in an intense situation. If I'm a cop, I'd do what I needed to do to go home that evening be it 10 seconds, 2 seconds or immediately. A lot would depend on gut feeling.

These shooting will only cause more shootings. Police are feeling more and more like their hands are tied and they do not have the support they need to do their job correctly and feel safe. When you have the President of the United States basically excusing violence against people that work in your profession, you're probably going to start having an itchy trigger finger yourself.

I wouldn't go into law enforcement for a professional athlete salary.

I don't know the answer to your questions but I do know that 2 seconds is enough time for them to shoot you!!!!!

Reactions: Baby Debo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT