ADVERTISEMENT

Bamba to Texas

Still don't understand how a top big man didn't think we were a good option, when Roy actually features his bigs. Mind boggling and these kids are delusional now a days.

NBA production.

Which big man has Shaka Smart produced in the NBA?

Durant and Aldridge go to Rick Barnes

My point is, Roy features his bigs and they seem to have a lot of freedom in the offense. What these players do in the NBA is on them.

Hahaha..smooth as butter your UK buddies no smiley faces!...but Cal..nobody outrecruits Cal..haha

Hahaha..smooth as butter your UK buddies no smiley faces!...but Cal..nobody outrecruits Cal..haha
Of all teams to poke fun at for a recruiting miss, you pick UK?? Interesting, they've only dominated the recruiting scene for the last 8 years with a top 3 class basically every year and usually the #1 class.

UK will be looking very thin up front. If not mistaken, Nick Richards will be the only true rim protector

My point is, Roy features his bigs and they seem to have a lot of freedom in the offense. What these players do in the NBA is on them.
I didn't say anything about Shaka Smart. I was addressing you saying you don't know why elite big men don't flock to Carolina.

I mean...he was at VCU forever, it's not like he's getting consistent NBA guys there no matter how good of a recruiter he is.

Jarrett Allen is likely a lotto pick this year in his first full season recruiting at UT and now he has Bamba. That's likely 2 NBA lotto big men in 2 seasons at a program that is mediocre right now. That's not shabby at all.

hey, we won the championship!..I could care less about UK really..smooth as butter really likes them-I poke fun at that!!!..and all UK fans-I admit I read "rupp" when the meltdown is on)))..and it is just sports!..recruiting titles mean nothing-give me NCAA Champs

Still don't understand how a top big man didn't think we were a good option, when Roy actually features his bigs. Mind boggling and these kids are delusional now a days.

I think Matt Coleman also played into it as well as the relationship with Shake.

Always blows my mind thinking we didn't even bother to recruit the guy.

I mean...he was at VCU forever, it's not like he's getting consistent NBA guys there no matter how good of a recruiter he is.

Jarrett Allen is likely a lotto pick this year in his first full season recruiting at UT and now he has Bamba. That's likely 2 NBA lotto big men in 2 seasons at a program that is mediocre right now. That's not shabby at all.

That's also the same amount we've had in the last 7 years (Ed Davis in 2010, Henson in 2012).

Maybe some should take off the Tar Heel Blue shades real quick.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
That's also the same amount we've had in the last 7 years (Ed Davis in 2010, Henson in 2012).

Maybe some should take off the Tar Heel Blue shades real quick.

Nothing against Smart (I like his style), but the argument that somehow he is better for big men because 2 guys are lotto picks and 1 of the guys is the guy we are asking why choice Texas is kind of shady. So in essence Bamba choice Texas not because they have produced two lotto picks he is picking them because they might produce 1, and he could be another one day. ummmm

My reply would be all the guys that have been drafted from UNC and still balling in the league. Ty Zeller still makes a million, Barnes makes more millions, "PJ Hairston would tell ya if he wasn't in his feelings" (Old JAY Z line I always wanted to use..lol)

I think Matt Coleman also played into it as well as the relationship with Shake.

Always blows my mind thinking we didn't even bother to recruit the guy.

Yeah, I forgot about Coleman. Kid wanted to be a Heel. Not sure why Roy didn't recruit him.

Reactions: RoseHeel
Kensucky will be top 10 preseason again. But that ain't winning shit with no shooters and no post game. They will have a bunch of overhyped freshman. 1 national championship in the last 19 years.

Reactions: gary-7
Most of the time it takes a team that plays like a team to win Gold not a bunch of individual stars who are more concerned with their own individual stats and future endorsement deals...Case in point UNC last season.

Yeah, I forgot about Coleman. Kid wanted to be a Heel. Not sure why Roy didn't recruit him.
Where would he play? Which of Felton/White/Woods is he better than? I think that answers it as much as anything. We need some depth guys who are going to be happy with mostly a bench role (Platek), so there has to be selective recruiting so you don't end up with unhappy guys on the bench.

Shaka can recruit. Give him a blue blood and you're looking at top 10 classes every year.

Texas on the court has left much to be desired though.
Well well, my first hunch was right, and it has the added benefit of not being Kensucky. Several months ago when Mo basically made fun of uk's academics in an off-hand remark in an interview that was a tip it was gonna be Texas or Michigan. Kudos to him for resisting the folks trying to deliver him to the dark side.

Nothing against Smart (I like his style), but the argument that somehow he is better for big men because 2 guys are lotto picks and 1 of the guys is the guy we are asking why choice Texas is kind of shady. So in essence Bamba choice Texas not because they have produced two lotto picks he is picking them because they might produce 1, and he could be another one day. ummmm

My reply would be all the guys that have been drafted from UNC and still balling in the league. Ty Zeller still makes a million, Barnes makes more millions, "PJ Hairston would tell ya if he wasn't in his feelings" (Old JAY Z line I always wanted to use..lol)

Hahahaha Love that Jay-Z line from one of my fav verses of his.......not to mention Ed Davis, Henson, Wright, Marvin still making millions........

Reactions: RoseHeel
Where would he play? Which of Felton/White/Woods is he better than? I think that answers it as much as anything. We need some depth guys who are going to be happy with mostly a bench role (Platek), so there has to be selective recruiting so you don't end up with unhappy guys on the bench.

He would backup Berry. He is better then White and Woods, no doubt. Pure PG. Felton is more a combo, she plays the 2.

He would backup Berry. He is better then White and Woods, no doubt. Pure PG. Felton is more a combo, she plays the 2.
Yeah, was referring to Coby White, not Stillman. :)

I think the only player he's even debatably better than is Woods. But we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT