ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest difference between last years team and this years team is the experience

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Only two freshmen this year coming with FIVE experienced players coming to join them where last year there was a ton of freshmen plus two sophomores who barely played joining McKoy and often hurt Puff Johnson. There is no one that can honestly say that Shaver, Nickel, Trimble and Washington, Dunn, Styles and Puff can match the scoring and the experience of: Cormac, Ingram, Wojcik, Withers.

With all of that experience, consistency and shooting ability as depth there will be no reason for Coach Davis to be scared to use the bench more often and if Cadeau comes oh my…

Experience will help, but imo basketball IQ will be the biggest improvement over last year. If Cadeau comes the bb IQ will increase exponentially!

I think the biggest difference is we’ll have guys who can play without the ball. Caleb is more talented and probably more skilled than Ryan. But I like Ryan’s ability to be impactful without having to dribble. I think Withers is better without the ball than Nance.

And overall Harrison Ingram is a huge upgrade over Leaky. I don’t think Ingram will be as productive as some think. But he’s going to be a big upgrade at a pretty premium position.

I don’t know how the bench minutes will break down but if Wojcik gets good minutes, I think he can play better without the ball than Puff. Also, if Wojcik stays healthy, it’s an upgrade.

Finding dudes that don’t need the ball to impact a game.

I disagree with the original post. We were plenty experienced last year. Maybe not on the bench. But we were plenty experienced. The experience we had with our older players last year was absolutely meaningless. Hopefully the experience for this year’s team means something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT