ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Talk

If Maye lives up to the hype then he has a legitimate shot at being the first UNC QB to win a conference title in over 40 years. Especially if Mack manages to pull off another great class for 2022.

Clemson is always going to be great but they haven’t had a real challenger in the ACC since FSU imploded.

Reactions: tarheel0910
This is probably about what our offense would look like next year if Dyami and Javonte came back.

edit: I've been assuming that Dyami was ranked higher in the draft projections. Probably a decent chance that he comes back if he's projected to go as low as a lot of websites have him.

Last edited:
Was worried about our chances before ND scored that TD. I think we're good now.

If ND hadn't already beaten Clemson once they'd definitely be out. Let's hope A&M doesn't jump them.

Let's also hope that A&M doesn't show up to the Orange Bowl pissed off if they end up at #5

Reactions: tarheel0910
If ND hadn't already beaten Clemson once they'd definitely be out. Let's hope A&M doesn't jump them.

Let's also hope that A&M doesn't show up to the Orange Bowl pissed off if they end up at #5

If they don't get it, I think they come out with a IDGAF attitude and maybe we can take advantage.

I think A&M will make the playoff. ND needed to keep the game close to stay in with a loss.

It’s gonna be clemson and bama again in the championship game... An 8 team playoff would at least make things more interesting

Reactions: strummingram
The Rose Bowl Game could be moved because of the no fans CA edict. If it is moved, Arlington, TX is the most likely site.

This is the reason I do not want the NCAA ever controlling 1A football. The NCAA would cave and go along, regardless of the players and their families, regardless of students.

I think A&M will make the playoff. ND needed to keep the game close to stay in with a loss.
If the Aggies get in over the Irish, it will be due to the SEC's league brand, the SEC-connected people on the committee working to get the Aggies in, and the Big Ten people tending to be opposed to both ND getting in and the ACC getting 2 teams in.

If the Aggies get in over the Irish, it will be due to the SEC's league brand, the SEC-connected people on the committee working to get the Aggies in, and the Big Ten people tending to be opposed to both ND getting in and the ACC getting 2 teams in.
Notre Dame isn't really an ACC team!

Back to bowl talk. With ND getting blasted by clemsuck it probably hurts our chances at the orange bowl. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Texas a&m jump them. Hopefully if they do the committee will leave the Buckeyes out.

Back to bowl talk. With ND getting blasted by clemsuck it probably hurts our chances at the orange bowl. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Texas a&m jump them. Hopefully if they do the committee will leave the Buckeyes out.

They played Clemson better than Texas a &m played Bama. UNC is going to the Orange Bowl, book it.

Get rid of the bowls and go to a 16 team playoff.

You could still have the bowls serve as playoff games like they do now. And probably keep the other bowls too. If anything, drop one of the non-conference games that get used as a tune up and play an 11 game regular season.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
You could still have the bowls serve as playoff games like they do now. And probably keep the other bowls too. If anything, drop one of the non-conference games that get used as a tune up and play an 11 game regular season.
The bowl system doesn't do anything but reward mediocrity. You can keep the name of the bowl if you want (rose, orange, sugar etc) but it would just be a playoff game.

Orange Bowl it is. 🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊

Playing a team that had hopes of an invite to the CFP. Are they going to be motivated to play in this one? I know UNC will be.

Go Heels!

Reactions: uncfootball-
November 24th 2018 at roughly 4:30 the Heels just lost to State to finish 2-9. If I would have said that day that the Heels will be in the Orange Bowl in 2 years many would have wanted me committed to the nut house.

Amazing the turn around in a short time.

IS is it a done deal Are we In the Orange Bowl?? would like to play A and M, they are good and playing well but that would make a W VERY SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ND is better than A&M?

Who is better, 3-loss Florida or 3-loss UNC? I think this drives whether A&M should be in the CFP instead of Notre. Not sure Notre beating Trevor-less Clemson in double-overtime should be given much weight.

ND is better than A&M?

Who is better, 3-loss Florida or 3-loss UNC? I think this drives whether A&M should be in the CFP instead of Notre. Not sure Notre beating Trevor-less Clemson in double-overtime should be given much weight.

Not understanding why people are discounting the Clemson win. ND put up 33 points in regulation on top of over 500 total yards including over 200 yards rushing. Trevor or not, Clemson has one of the best defenses in the country. The Florida loss to LSU also didn't help A & M.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT