ADVERTISEMENT

Bring back the RPT

Found @strummingram 's baby photo.

dfebe44f-18df-4c47-8cdf-7f36592b9def.jpg

By the time the United States entered World War I, 100 years ago today, the conflict had been raging in Europe for nearly three years. It was to become one of the deadliest wars in human history, claiming more than 15 million lives.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/04/mapping-world-war-one-centennial/
Was anyone else staightup not taught about World War I in K-12? It's crazy to me that I wasn't taught it AT ALL in high school. That war shaped and changed so much about the course of history, including conflicts in the Middle East today.

Was anyone else staightup not taught about World War I in K-12? It's crazy to me that I wasn't taught it AT ALL in high school. That war shaped and changed so much about the course of history, including conflicts in the Middle East today.
We didn't talk about it much. Mostly just WWII.

ETA: I'm comparing how much WWI was talked about as compared to WWII. Obviously we talked about the American Revolution and the Civil War. Other wars (War of 1812, Vietnam, etc.) were barely discussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TarHeelNation11
By the time the United States entered World War I, 100 years ago today, the conflict had been raging in Europe for nearly three years. It was to become one of the deadliest wars in human history, claiming more than 15 million lives.

My Great-Grandfather, Pvt Dewey Young, was reported as MIA during the Battle of Belleau Wood on June 20th, 1918. He is commemorated at Arlington Cemetery. He never met his youngest son, my grandfather.

My Great-Grandfather, Pvt Dewey Young, was reported as MIA during the Battle of Belleau Wood on June 20th, 1918. He is commemorated at Arlington Cemetery. He never met his youngest son, my grandfather.
I didn't want to "like" this, but I appreciate your poast and your family (and your) service to our country.

I have no problem with heights, but something about walking on glass hundreds of feet in the air doesn't appeal to me.

Ya, on our way up the bridge I figured I'd have no problem at all, and the GF would be the one that would be too scared to go on it. But she had no problem and I was the one that was hesitant at first. It's not a fear of heights - just something in your head that makes it feel unsafe stepping onto something you can see through.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT