ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Pittsburgh game thread for: Wednesday 1 Feb 2023.

They aren’t going to magically turn it on.. this is what the team is. For whatever reason it’s not clicking this season. Next year doesn’t look amazing and more of a transition year . Then the big class comes in

Davis Couldn’t hit, black was horrible, nance missed a bunch of shots. Love had his usual bricks…… out of all the issues that were possible this year, I never thought offense would be one of them..

Way to get swept by Pitt. Very difficult to understand why this team can’t bring its level up. Guess bacot being pissed after the last game didn’t really stick with us for long
You guys really don't see why this team is losing? Really??

We have one good player -- Bacot. Davis is great on offense but can't play much D. Leaky is great on D but basically can't contribute at all on O. Nance is pretty much just a guy apparently and Love can't put it together on either end.

All those guys are playing to their potential except Love. Starting Leaky and Nance is a pretty low talent level for UNC, and Love doesn't play like a five star. It's that simple.

Reactions: gberry78
Missed free throws. Terrible coaching today, terrible shooting. We should gave been blown out. Why was RJ, with a time out in hand, in the game denfensively on the last possesion over Trimble or Dunn?

Team doesn’t push the ball EVER- has no point guard- has a good big man but no one to stretch the floors. Defense is fine - offense is fricken horrible. This season just needs to be over. 1st round losers in the tourney if we are lucky to make it. 1-7 quad 1 wins~ embarrassing

I would've gone offense - defense there. No reason Leaky should be playing on a must score offensive possession (sub in Dunn or Nickel). And then why play Love and Davis on the last defensive possession except maybe to manage their egos? I'd put Trimble and Dunn in.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
I have not a clue why the guy who went to my High school 5 minutes from my house plays for Pittsburgh several states away

Was Burton even considered by us ?

RJ had a tough night shooting, numerous very good looks from 3. He also missed some free throws. We gotta be able to make some 3's, just have to.

I thought Mando really struggled with the double teams as well. He does not pass well out of doubles at all.

Reactions: Archer2
We have tougher games ahead of us than behind us. I am sure there will be plenty of “this can’t happen again” BS in the locker room AGAIN after the game, but we seem woefully short on actual solutions. We got lucky vs Cuse or else we wouldn’t even be on the bubble. Not really worth my limited free time to watch us currently.

Enough with the HD bashing..our Shooting was atrocious. 18% from 3 pt land...59% ft Bacot turns it over at the worst possible time....As much as I love RJ he was awful. He may still be bothered by his dislocated finger. No time for excuses, regroup and win again in Derm.

Reactions: gauchoheel
if some of you idiots don’t see the correlation between coaching and our continued trend of hiking up 20+ threes a game and missing 75% of them then you are stupid. the coach can’t make or miss the shots for them but he sure as hell can rally the troops and say hey boys newsflash you can’t hit the broad side of a barn, let’s find an open look closer to the basket. some of you guys need to listen to the UNC basketball podcast where they interviewed George Lynch in the last week. his assessment of this team and specifically Caleb Love having a green light to shoot as much as he does is must hear. this team isn’t as talented as people thought and put them on a mountain because of a great run but there’s enough talent here, if reeled in and forced to play with structure could be a force. i’m sorry guys but Hubert is bad. the lack of adjustments at this point in the season specific to shot selection is almost laughable.

Reactions: Heelicious
and Caleb was hammered on the wrist on the final shot which would have given us a win with a few made free throws.
Hit the ball first and all this was after the clock expired anyway (look at images that have been posted elsewhere). Bottomline is refs aren't going to call a foul at the buzzer unless you get smacked in the face.

Reactions: USAF Phantom
if some of you idiots don’t see the correlation between coaching and our continued trend of hiking up 20+ threes a game and missing 75% of them then you are stupid. the coach can’t make or miss the shots for them but he sure as hell can rally the troops and say hey boys newsflash you can’t hit the broad side of a barn, let’s find an open look closer to the basket. some of you guys need to listen to the UNC basketball podcast where they interviewed George Lynch in the last week. his assessment of this team and specifically Caleb Love having a green light to shoot as much as he does is must hear. this team isn’t as talented as people thought and put them on a mountain because of a great run but there’s enough talent here, if reeled in and forced to play with structure could be a force. i’m sorry guys but Hubert is bad. the lack of adjustments at this point in the season specific to shot selection is almost laughable.
There's exactly one guy who has issues with shot selection on the team: Love. And yeah, I agree Hubert should be criticized for not reigning it in. The rest of the team is fine with shot selection though. We just don't have anyone who can beat his guy off the dribble besides Love (Davis is okay at it, not great) and rarely play more than 1-2 guys who can shoot at the same time.

I have not a clue why the guy who went to my High school 5 minutes from my house plays for Pittsburgh several states away

Glad Pitt got him. UNC should have tried.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT