ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs Pittsburgh game thread for: Wednesday 1 Feb 2023.

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
To be honest I do not have a real good feeling about this game because there are a bunch of variables to consider such as these: Carolina is undefeated at home but last year suffered a embarrassing 😳 loss to these same Panthers and have already taken a L from Pittsburgh this season.

Panthers lean heavily on the three point shot which is Carolina Achilles heel on defense as it has been all season. Wake Forest found that it last week as Blake Hinson hit eight of them at home vs the Demon Deacons but thankfully this battle will be at the Dean Dome. Everyone will have to play their man and forget about double teaming because 4 out of the 5 starters average double digits in points.

Another variable is that Carolina has come out flat in many first halves this season and 8 days without playing any games will probably make for another slow start.

I do not have any idea who Nance will be asked to cover because both Hinson and Burton are probably too quick and athletic for him. With Puff not available I would expect Nickel and Styles to get a ton of burn. Dunn may also see some time at the three but Burton crushed him in winning time last time In Pittsburgh.

The biggest problem facing the Tar Heels tonight in my opinion will be what kind of game shape and condition is R J Davis is? Even if it has been 8 days since he took one for the team RJ is not a big man by any means and Coach Davis has been pretty vague about how he is coming along only indicating he will probably play.

The last thing to consider is if Leaky can control Hinson who is 25 pounds heavier than Black and has been shooting the three at a record pace and can Nickel and Styles and maybe even Bacot can slow down Burton who had a career night the last time they met.

Regardless this should be a big time physical war and this time when the smoke ends the two game losing streak to the Panthers will just be history…

RJ Davis sporting a black eye to match Love’s shoes 👟 is on the floor warming up. Puff is not dressed again…

Davis coast to coast scores and he is fouled by Hinson and he finishes the traditional three point play 6-2 then Cummings hits a three but Love SPLASH from downtown and at the first tv break it is 9-5…

Bacot scores on a nice bounce pass from Davis and Federico Federico (yes his first and last name is indeed the same) fouls Bacot at the last tv break of the half 26-26

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT