ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs UConn at Madison Square Garden game thread——Tuesday 5 December

tough game. they hit shots. we didn’t hit some open ones. we miss way too many shots inside 5 feet. we’ve got to put the ball in the basket from close. RJ has to compete better defensively as well.

bacot - so freaking weak. Ingram gets the ball int the same spots and we’d have like 12-14or points. . And if Ryan could their in the ocean even when wide open- that’d help.

Then - it seems they can’t miss even the rare times we guard on the perimeter. They will have an effective fg % of close to 70% I bet. Pathetic

EC also has to take the open shot when he has it on drives to the basket. at this point he looks to throw a lob to bacot almost every time and giving up layups at this point. love the unselfishness young fella but take the shots that are given to you. it’ll continue to open up more opportunities.

Reactions: Heelicious
I think maybe only Ingram and rj should be able to shoot. Unless it’s a wide open layup / dunk. Makes me mad how bacot may as well not have gotten off the bus. Outmanned out athleticed outworked. So freaking soft. I think I’d rather have Washington more

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
agree about bacot. on the surface you say hey he got another double double for us which is true but he was freaking 4-12 as of right now shooting the ball and i’d guess no less half of those 8 misses were balls that have to go through the net. just inexcusable at this level with his experience to continue and have zero touch around the basket.

So we gave up st 4 minute mark amd decided to make this a scrimmage opp for withers and wojcik. Cool,cool.

Bacot must have some record for most missed bunnies. My God he misses a ton of easy ones
Bacot almost...correction...unless completely by himself underneath the rim NEVER-EVER go up strong..tippie-toe-bunnies only. And mental note for EC, DO Not Ever throw Armando an allyh. No offense to Bacot just not part of his game

• Love
agree about bacot. on the surface you say hey he got another double double for us which is true but he was freaking 4-12 as of right now shooting the ball and i’d guess no less half of those 8 misses were balls that have to go through the net. just inexcusable at this level with his experience to continue and have zero touch around the basket.
He’s always been a productive player but not a dominant one. Looks like it’s continuing this season.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Defense still can't get stops, granted this is a really good team. The offensive scoring output is very impressive, despite Ryan and Bacot missing shots. Ingram is just so good, and Cadeau is a big upgrade.

Bench looks bad again. Would love this team with one more wing, which I clamored for in the off-season. Maybe it wasn't possible, but this team is a solid wing away from being nasty.

Reactions: thompsjj
- should have pressed the whole game

- should have played Trimble at the 3 when it became clear Ryan was stinking it up

- less Withers, more High

- more Ingram iso

Defense still can't get stops, granted this is a really good team. The offensive scoring output is very impressive, despite Ryan and Bacot missing shots. Ingram is just so good, and Cadeau is a big upgrade.

Bench looks bad again. Would love this team with one more wing, which I clamored for in the off-season. Maybe it wasn't possible, but this team is a solid wing away from being nasty.
Another wing like you said may not have been an option but the addition of withers and the west va kid seems to be a waste

Fking bacot. Would it kill you to actually bend over and work for a rebound? He look like he just went 12 rounds in a heavyweight fight with Tyson - ever since like the first 5 minutes in mark in first half. Amazing how unreliable he is whe needed.

We got out rebounded bigly but that is not on the guards/ wings. UConn is big and athletic but for bacot being some (garbage time stat pad) double double guy - he never wins a 50 50 rebound battle when in the paint unless it somehow bounces in his hands below his shoulders. No lift no jump no fight.

Hubs or the bigs coach should make these next two weeks a huge wake up call for bacot. The effort he’s given so far this year is garbage. Why come back if he’s just going to coast, not fight when it’s needed.

- should have played Trimble at the 3 when it became clear Ryan was stinking it up

- more Ingram iso
Uconn handled the press fine after an initial hiccup, they got beat. Needed Ryan to knock down a couple of the wide open looks. I liked the fight, not as good at this point.

Cadeau got some upper class lessons, he will be just fine. Good early slugfest game. Got beat, Plenty to grow on though, plenty.

- more Ingram iso
1. If Hubert can't see this after 9 games it will more of the same from last season.
2. The improvement by Seth is clear as day. That kid deserves 15-20 minutes a game.
3. Withers is the BIGGEST disappointment so far, expected good things from that guy and Ryan could be trending in that same direction.

He’s always been a productive player but not a dominant one. Looks like it’s continuing this season.
I’d say productive in spots but can’t at all be counted on to be productive when needed. Absolutely not even productive tonight at point blank range. I think to be considered productive at some point you have to outwork players with equal or lesser size and skill. He didn’t do that tonight or ever this year.

He excels when other guys are scoring well and he gets close in chances with little or no resistance. He got none of that tonight.

Reactions: DSouthr
Uconn handled the press fine after an initial hiccup, they got beat.
You call that a press? We stand 3 feet away with our arms up.
We need to get in their jock straps and make it hard to throw over the top. UCONN knew it and was happy to attack it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT