ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina vs UConn at Madison Square Garden game thread——Tuesday 5 December

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
The biggest test of the year for the up and coming Tar Heels and I am going to probably miss all of the first half because I will be taking my wife out to dinner and then watching a Christmas show at Myrtle Beach where it is in the low 70’s… I luv Carolina sports but I love my wife more so somebody else can carry the torch tonight and give frequent updates and reports so that I can also follow along when the wife is not looking….

I do not remember if it was Newton or Castle that lit up Kansas all night in their battle last week but they are both shooters and most importantly stand 6’5 where Carolina’s starting guards are barely six feet if that. Maybe Ryan or more Likely Trimble can hold him down some. Anyway it looks like fun in the Garden tonight and as always Give em Hell Heels…

This game is tailor made for our bench to get some burn; especially for 6'9 Withers. His height and athleticism will help keep their 6'6 guards in check. Although he hasn't shown it yet, Withers can ball! Plus a study rotation of Withers/High/Washington would help setup Armanda nicely for second half action.
We certainly have the fire power to win this game; however, I just think its critical for us to preserve Armando for last 10min as they will be coming at him hard.

We have a very nice bench...nothing lost this early in the season so lets see what it can do.

Just my 2cents.

RJ 6' - EC 6'1
Ryan 6'5- Seith 6'3 - Paxson 6'5 (if only he can hit a shot or two)
Ingram 6'7 / High 6'9 - Okonwo 6'8
Bacot 6'11/ JWash 6'10 (Jwash needs at least 2 3s to go down)
Withers 6'9 / High 6'9 (plan b: small line up with Elliot and RJ)

Last edited:
This game is tailor made for our bench to get burn; especially for 6'9 Withers. His height and athleticism will help keep their 6'6 guards in check
Yup. This game will not be won with UNC doing half court. Press, scramble run run run ... Withers may have his time ... maybe Wash will get a shot to show his interior length (he aint got the body yet) on D and hopefully get a chance to show his range and pull some of UC's size away from the lane. With the UC guard size this will be a challenge. GO HEELS !!

The biggest test of the year for the up and coming Tar Heels and I am going to probably miss all of the first half because I will be taking my wife out to dinner and then watching a Christmas show at Myrtle Beach where it is in the low 70’s… I luv Carolina sports but I love my wife more so somebody else can carry the torch tonight and give frequent updates and reports so that I can also follow along when the wife is not looking….

I do not remember if it was Newton or Castle that lit up Kansas all night in their battle last week but they are both shooters and most importantly stand 6’5 where Carolina’s starting guards are barely six feet if that. Maybe Ryan or more Likely Trimble can hold him down some. Anyway it looks like fun in the Garden tonight and as always Give em Hell Heels…
Congrats on having your priorities exactly where they should be. I for years simply DVR the game avoid any contact with potential leaks and watch at my leisure... I just pretend it never happened until i press play.

6"6 PG will have his way with us unless we run and draw fouls.

Win or lose, this is a great test for us.

C'mon Heels!!!!!

Dang - Heels are playing pretty well but this UConn team is really good - and well coached. Can’t take a break physically or mentally on defense, rebounding or outlet passes. Time to get something out of Ingram. He should be a factor hard for them to match up on.

I don’t know - Heels are playing pretty good but struggling to keep it close. I hope bacot can finish a bit more and our outside shooting heats up. This is a pretty darn good UConn team.

Reactions: Littlejon
So sick of RJ dribbling the ball up the court with his head down, now it’s worse because EC is 15 ft away waiting on it

0 full court press in the first half. I may never understand Hubert as a coach. You've watched teams feast on your halfcourt D this season. Full court press actually worked in our last game. Why wouldn't you at least try it?

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT