ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Game Time

WhatTheHeel?

All-American
Mar 31, 2002
When do you think they'll release the kickoff time for the Clemson game? We're going with some friends and would need to book a hotel room if it's an 8:00 p.m. kick since we're about 2.5 hours away, not including getting out of the stadium and parking lot.

I worry about waiting too long on booking a room since I imagine this game is/will be a sell out?

It all depends on UNC and if we can keep winning...The only other big game that weekend is UVA vs Notre Dame and it’s time is set for 3:30.

When do you think they'll release the kickoff time for the Clemson game? We're going with some friends and would need to book a hotel room if it's an 8:00 p.m. kick since we're about 2.5 hours away, not including getting out of the stadium and parking lot.

I worry about waiting too long on booking a room since I imagine this game is/will be a sell out?
They usually announce game times two Mondays before the game. Today they announced the time for App State, which is 3:30 pm. Clemson will probably be announced next Monday.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
An 8:00 kick off would be great since that probably means we are 4-0. I just want no noon games.

I’d say there’s less than 1% chance it’s a noon game. Clemson is in the Bama tier with a prime 3:30 or night game every week unless maybe against an FCS team. If we beat wake there’s a pretty good chance it could be another night game.

OP I’d go ahead and book a hotel now. You can always cancel prior if it doesn’t end up being a night game and you don’t want to stay the night.

I always go to the truck stop and ask for something to keep me awake. Only costs about $4 and I am home by 3am. . It takes about two days to fall asleep, but you don't have to pay for a motel room!

Reactions: deandisciple
Saban is royally pissed that Bama has a Noon kickoff versus Southern Miss on sept. 21. So TV could do it to Clemson as well.

But USM is not in a Major conference, and does not have a Hall of Fame coach.

Thanks everyone. I'll try booking a room (if it's not already too late) and check the cancellation policy.

I don't get to many games. Last time I went to a Clemson game, we lost 10-8. It was the year Kelvin Bryant had something like 15 touchdowns in the first three games and then got injured against Georgia Tech. Been a while...

Many places have a generous cancellation policy that will allow you to cancel up until the day of your stay. Definitely good advice to go ahead and find a room. Good luck!

I booked a Microtel Inn at the junction of 85 & 40. My wife didn't want the Red Roof Inn, even though they'll leave the light on for us. And I didn't want to stay in Durham... Had to pay $13/more for a free cancellation room, but $90 wasn't too bad and it's still cheaper than RRI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT