ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Smith Memorial

I was there and it was very , very well done. No charge for parking and concession was open serving only free soft drinks. Mickey Bell also did a great remembrance with a lot of self deprecating humor. He is a class act.

If the link doesn't work just go to ESPN.com and look under NCAA basketball and it is highlighted there.

Just watched it.... Just superb and Eric Montross was exceptional so too Ford and .jJamison

Originally posted by HeelFan58:

How many on here attended? Not judging , just asking.
I was there with my son and my oldest daughter. Very moving. I was glad I was there.

I was there, wouldn't have missed it for anything! All speakers were great in their own way. I thought Montross came across as absolutely brilliant!

Originally posted by CURRY2WOODYR80:

I was there, wouldn't have missed it for anything! All speakers were great in their own way. I thought Montross came across as absolutely brilliant!
Montross and Roy stood out to me the most but all the speakers were just awesome.

I almost didn't go yesterday but Lord I am glad I went.

I recorded and watched it last night. I honestly enjoyed Mickey Bell the most, despite being least familiar with him. I can't get enough of the stories of how Coach Smith treated regular people. I wish there were a collection of this type of thing compiled in a book.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT