ADVERTISEMENT

NC State vs Carolina game thread on Saturday 2 February 2024

All 3 guards played great D and Ingram has become our consistent inside stud. And EC is an elite PG .. there is no longer any doubt about that and I can't wait to see him with the players in the incoming class !!!!!!!

UNC shot 85% from the FT line. Soooo much better than Monday.

Bacot was 5-5, Ingram 4-4, Cadeau 4-5, Davis 4-5, Ryan 2-2, Washington 2-2, Trimble 2-4
Dave, aside from the head scratching substitution patterns, did you see ANYTHING Hubert did better in the 2nd half to ignite our defense?

From my eyes, the players played more physically, with better effort and competed. The law of averages also came into effect on moos shooting percentage. I didn't see anything that Hubert did or didn't do to effect our defensive effectiveness is the 2nd half he didn't do in the 1st.

If you've ever read any of my posts, you'll know I'm not picking a fight, just honestly asking.

Dave, aside from the head scratching substitution patterns, did you see ANYTHING Hubert did better in the 2nd half to ignite our defense?

From my eyes, the players played more physically, with better effort and competed. The law of averages also came into effect on moos shooting percentage. I didn't see anything that Hubert did or didn't do to effect our defensive effectiveness is the 2nd half he didn't do in the 1st.

If you've ever read any of my posts, you'll know I'm not picking a fight, just honestly asking.
The bigs (particularly Bacot) were getting in the face of the ballhandling guards on ball screens, and not fading back easily giving wide open jumpers. They didn't back off the opposing guard until the original defender (often Ryan or Trimble) had gotten back in front of the guard.
So it wasn't anything like the drop coverage we played in the first half.

Also, Washington only played like 90 seconds in the 2nd half. He was struggling on D, and was giving up way too many rebounds, so Hubert benched him and made Bacot play essentially the whole 2nd half. And it was the right call. Withers and Trimble were being physical, so they were the bench players who helped us win the 2nd half.

appreciate the 2nd half effort, but it’s getting old thinking they can just do this.

just win the the regular season, get the seed, and go play.

Reactions: Heelicious
The bigs (particularly Bacot) were getting in the face of the ballhandling guards on ball screens, and not fading back easily giving wide open jumpers. They didn't back off the opposing guard until the original defender (often Ryan or Trimble) had gotten back in front of the guard.
So it wasn't anything like the drop coverage we played in the first half.

Also, Washington only played like 90 seconds in the 2nd half. He was struggling on D, and was giving up way too many rebounds, so Hubert benched him and made Bacot play essentially the whole 2nd half. And it was the right call. Withers and Trimble were being physical, so they were the bench players who helped us win the 2nd half.

So HUBERT made a decision that helped us win? I was thinking he was terrible today. 🤔

The post you quoted was from halftime and it was accurate.

One day you'll figure out how to use a clock.

One day you'll figure out how to not be a douchebag!

My point is we have a bunch of fair weather fans who always think the sky is falling when it's really not. Let the game play out, let Hubert coach the whole game before you throw him under the bus.

Reactions: gobblercalls
One day you'll figure out how to not be a douchebag!

My point is we have a bunch of fair weather fans who always think the sky is falling when it's really not. Let the game play out, let Hubert coach the whole game before you throw him under the bus.
No one threw Hubert under the bus. We discussed the coaching mistakes at halftime, and gave him credit for 2nd half coaching changes. You're coming by after the game and trying to start arguments about posts that were made at halftime. Get a life.

No one threw Hubert under the bus. We discussed the coaching mistakes at halftime, and gave him credit for 2nd half coaching changes. You're coming by after the game and trying to start arguments about posts that were made at halftime. Get a life.

You are garbage, you absolutely threw HUBERT under the bus when you said his coaching was terrible (post 49), what else do you call that? Maybe you should have said terrible 1st half coaching job HUBERT! My life is pretty good by the way, and I'd bet a pretty penny that it's better than yours, not that that means anything.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT