ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

Well, its official, ive been tested.

Not overly sick, just sinus infection symptoms. Cant really smell anything, but thats normal when i get sinus infections.

I am around alot of people, so i decided to test just in case

Not overly sick, just sinus infection symptoms. Cant really smell anything, but thats normal when i get sinus infections.

I hope you're okay. Sinus infections are no fun, either!

Reactions: Grayhead

Hope everything goes well.

Reactions: Grayhead
Taste seems to be going now. Still similar to effects from a sinus infection. If i dont have it, ill be suprised

Taste seems to be going now. Still similar to effects from a sinus infection. If i dont have it, ill be suprised

dude, good luck to you...i’ve had s every other week, thinking what tha, but have been negative...the taste test is kinda good in the big scheme.

hoping it’s just sinus for you.

Any idea when/where you may have been exposed?
Its hard to say. Our church shut down shortly after thanksgiving. I am out and about everyday as well. My son works at our local telephone company doing service work. His wife is a nurse, and my wife keeps their kid. In and out of a nuclear facility. Shopping for Christmas. My daughter works at a bakery. Very hard to pinpoint.

I wear a mask and sanitize my hands when away from home. Im not a germaphobe, but just try to be careful.
For me, it feels like a really bad sinus infection. No fever so far. I get winded easily. My neck muscles feel like they are strained. If i hadnt lost my sense of smell, then i may have not been tested. The doctor almost didnt test me when i went. I had even called my local ER and talked with them over the weekend about a rapid test. That nurse told me over the phone that she didnt feel like i had it, although i didnt realize at the time i couldnt really smell.

Funny thing about that, you would be suprised how hard it can be to notice that is gone. My taste is on and off. Its diminished, but not completely gone.

Reactions: strummingram
What i have is not that bad so far. Others have faired worse. I really think the actual numbers of people who suffer are low relatively speaking. Our church has had over 40 people with it since the begining. Not all at the same time either. We take precautions at church.
Here is how this thing has affected people mentally. Some of the older folks who caught it, almost had a nervous breakdown because the thought they would die because of catching it. That is absolutely 100% our medical experts nationally that do that. As well as the constant barage of deaths per day they announce. Its ridiculous that fear is a hot ticket item. I will be free to go back to my normal life next Tuesday if im showing no signs. The overwhelming vast majority of people are to. Some get more flu like symptoms and that sucks. But the thought of dying because i have it comes straight from them. Its pitiful really. I still feel that if you have major underlying conditions, take the absolute largest precautions. Wash your hands and minimize physical contact with other people. Same as you would if the flu could hurt you.

What i have is not that bad so far. Others have faired worse. I really think the actual numbers of people who suffer are low relatively speaking. Our church has had over 40 people with it since the begining. Not all at the same time either. We take precautions at church.
Here is how this thing has affected people mentally. Some of the older folks who caught it, almost had a nervous breakdown because the thought they would die because of catching it. That is absolutely 100% our medical experts nationally that do that. As well as the constant barage of deaths per day they announce. Its ridiculous that fear is a hot ticket item. I will be free to go back to my normal life next Tuesday if im showing no signs. The overwhelming vast majority of people are to. Some get more flu like symptoms and that sucks. But the thought of dying because i have it comes straight from them. Its pitiful really. I still feel that if you have major underlying conditions, take the absolute largest precautions. Wash your hands and minimize physical contact with other people. Same as you would if the flu could hurt you.

fear sells.

Of course Trump admin screws this up. Millions of doses sitting in a warehouse. Competent in nothing but fundraising.

"...which caused him to lose a toe on his left foot and his whole right foot and lower leg,..."

maybe I missed this in Basic Anatomy, but can you lose your lower right leg without also losing the right foot?

Feeling better. My wife, daughter, son, daughterinlaw, and infant grandbaby now has it

No,no,no! We just need more masks, social distancing and vaccines!
Those things DO help when you're in the midst of a highly contagious virus. They don't stop it or kill it, but they help to mitigate the spread. Vaccines are actually much more potent. They're more like a person who has recovered and developed antibodies. The virus can survive if the host is susceptible. It mutates whenever possible, I believe. I'm not an epidemiologist. I thought it was interesting how it mutated in London where they had recently imposed another "lockdown."

Reactions: blazers
hmmm
Are politicians really "essential"?
EpyUjgFWMAAdB1F

Those things DO help when you're in the midst of a highly contagious virus. They don't stop it or kill it, but they help to mitigate the spread. Vaccines are actually much more potent. They're more like a person who has recovered and developed antibodies. The virus can survive if the host is susceptible. It mutates whenever possible, I believe. I'm not an epidemiologist. I thought it was interesting how it mutated in London where they had recently imposed another "lockdown."

" Vaccines are actually much more potent. They're more like a person who has recovered and developed antibodies."

thanks, Dr. Obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT