ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

In a 2005 interview, Cecilia Fire Thunder, the first female president of the Oglala Sioux Tribe, noted, "[Sixty-eight] percent of the college graduates on the reservation are women. Seventy percent of the jobs are held by women. Over 90 percent of the jobs in our schools are held by women."[59]

• As of 2011, population estimates of the reservation range from 28,000 to 40,000. Numerous enrolled members of the tribe live off the reservation.[60]
  • 80% of residents are unemployed;
  • 98% of the residents live below the Federal poverty level[citation needed]
  • Average per capita income in Oglala Lakota County is $4,000;
  • The infant mortality rate is five times higher than the national average;
  • Native American amputation rates due to diabetes are three to four times higher than the national average;
  • Death rate due to diabetes is three times higher than the national average;
  • Teen suicide is four times the national average; and
  • Life expectancy in 2007 was estimated to be 48 for males and 52 for females.[61]

Jesus Christ. Yeah, gonna go out on a limb and say this area was bad well before CV.
Yeap, you don't want to visit that part of NE, SD. The virus is not what makes this area bad.

In a 2005 interview, Cecilia Fire Thunder, the first female president of the Oglala Sioux Tribe, noted, "[Sixty-eight] percent of the college graduates on the reservation are women. Seventy percent of the jobs are held by women. Over 90 percent of the jobs in our schools are held by women."[59]

• As of 2011, population estimates of the reservation range from 28,000 to 40,000. Numerous enrolled members of the tribe live off the reservation.[60]
  • 80% of residents are unemployed;
  • 98% of the residents live below the Federal poverty level[citation needed]
  • Average per capita income in Oglala Lakota County is $4,000;
  • The infant mortality rate is five times higher than the national average;
  • Native American amputation rates due to diabetes are three to four times higher than the national average;
  • Death rate due to diabetes is three times higher than the national average;
  • Teen suicide is four times the national average; and
  • Life expectancy in 2007 was estimated to be 48 for males and 52 for females.[61]

Jesus Christ. Yeah, gonna go out on a limb and say this area was bad well before CV.
That's the story for pretty much every indian tribe in america. It's no big deal though. @strummingram told me they had weapons when we tried to kill them off, so everything is cool.

it’s a toss up between nurses and teachers as to which are bigger attention whores and drama queens, but seeing as I’m married to a nurse, I’m going with nurses.

tenor.gif

Reactions: UNC71-00
I know many people, including myself, that aren't going to be taking round one because of the timeline.
That's fine. I respect everyone's decision to be pro-vaxx or anti-vaxx for whatever reasons they choose. I never got the flu vaccine until my company started paying me to get it. I likely won't get the Covid vaccine unless I'm monetarily incentivized to do so as well.

It just amuses me how there are people who rip on anti-vaxxers for certain vaccines, but then are afraid of other vaccines themselves. They selectively choose when they trust the FDA and their scientists, I guess.

That's fine. I respect everyone's decision to be pro-vaxx or anti-vaxx for whatever reasons they choose. I never got the flu vaccine until my company started paying me to get it. I likely won't get the Covid vaccine unless I'm monetarily incentivized to do so as well.

It just amuses me how there are people who rip on anti-vaxxers for certain vaccines, but then are afraid of other vaccines themselves. Either you trust the FDA, and their scientists, or you don't.
I have RA and some of my meds prevent me from getting some vaccines.

They selectively choose when they trust the FDA and their scientists, I guess.
Steve Hahn is sketchy. I don't trust him. But if the consensus of respected scientists say this vaccine is good and it helps us get the economy and everything back to normal sooner then i'll take one.

It just amuses me how there are people who rip on anti-vaxxers for certain vaccines, but then are afraid of other vaccines themselves. They selectively choose when they trust the FDA and their scientists, I guess.
It's not really a good comparison. You can't compare vaccines that were tested for years, if not decades, to a vaccine that was tested for less than a year. I trust that the FDA and scientists are bringing something to the market that they think is safe based on the data they have. The issue is the data they have is limited.

It's not really a good comparison. You can't compare vaccines that were tested for years, if not decades, to a vaccine that was tested for less than a year. I trust that the FDA and scientists are bringing something to the market that they think is safe based on the data they have. The issue is the data they have is limited.
Im voting for the zombie apocalypse. Im armed enough to last a good while. Poor libs will be screwed

Well we don't have to worry about Gavin Newsom wearing masks alone in a car - he doesn't even wear them while at a dinner function! Do as he says, not as he does, apparently.

The absolute worst part of this story is that he was eating with people from the California Medical Association, among others.

Why anyone pays any attention to anyone giving out Covid fear instructions is beyond me.

"Not only do they call into question Governor Newsom's explanation that the dinner was outside they also reveal that two high-level members of the California Medical Association were there at the dinner with the governor and that’s sparking outrage. "

Reactions: Terror Beard
I’ve never known anybody that is so wrong on so many different subjects as you are. What you have to say about anything is just completely worthless period...

Hahahaha

Mask up gramps. And get back to washing the produce coolers.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT