ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

Imagine you were extremely careful for 9 months, then were forced into a small room with a mask-denier who is a mask-denier because masking was politicized by the same person who allegedly incited the siege. Better than being beaten with a confederate flag, but still.

"Congressman Brad Schneider (IL-10) says he’s tested positive for #COVID19 as well, after being sheltered in the crowded protective room during the Capitol siege where many GOP unmasked. He’s now 3rd congress member to test positive after @PramilaJayapal and @RepBonnie"

I wonder if they’ll live. Keep us updated.

• Haha
Reactions: bleeduncblue
Imagine you were extremely careful for 9 months ...

by "extremely careful" do you mean like the dozens of other politicians (on both sides no doubt) who've been seen/caught out in public, on vacations, getting their hair done, etc etc .... that kind of "extremely careful" ??

in other words, i dont buy it.

by "extremely careful" do you mean like the dozens of other politicians (on both sides no doubt) who've been seen/caught out in public, on vacations, getting their hair done, etc etc .... that kind of "extremely careful" ??

in other words, i dont buy it.
No, I mean like the non-dozens who were trying to avoid being inside a place that isn't well ventilated for long, especially without a high-grade mask, especially people outside your social bubble.

I just had an arbys 1/2 lb roast beef so full the carton had trouble holding shut. Thank God i bypassed Chick-fil-A

I just had an arbys 1/2 lb roast beef so full the carton had trouble holding shut. Thank God i bypassed Chick-fil-A
Similar situation- this ass I just saw at Harris Teeter, straight from her pilates or cycling class i'm sure. Kardashian waste-to-butt ratio, yoga pants so full they barely shut. Thank god I bypassed food lion or piggly wiggly.

Looks like we will hit half a million people dead from this before it's over. I would have NEVER believed that a year ago!

giphy.gif

Why give everyone the required two doses, when you can give twice as many people a not fully effective one dose, and possibly end up wasting it all?

So much for "listen to the experts"

Why give everyone the required two doses, when you can give twice as many people a not fully effective one dose, and possibly end up wasting it all?

So much for "listen to the experts"
Actually tons of experts have been advocating for this when the data showed that single dose provided a surprising amt of benefit/protection

hospitals are now PAYING their employees to get the vaccine (along with some large companies). hilarious .... if this is the supposed savior, then why arent the frontline workers and healthcare professionals jumping over each other to get vaxxed? (sarcastic question, we all know why).

also, 3 weeks ago Duke initially offered 15K vaccines (to their medical staff) ... as of today they're at approx 41% participation rate. no sign of them paying their folks YET, however.

"Woodstock syndrome" is in full effect on this vax ... "yeah i got it!!" just to sound cool and toe the company line. it's a joke.

hospitals are now PAYING their employees to get the vaccine (along with some large companies). hilarious .... if this is the supposed savior, then why arent the frontline workers and healthcare professionals jumping over each other to get vaxxed? (sarcastic question, we all know why).

also, 3 weeks ago Duke initially offered 15K vaccines (to their medical staff) ... as of today they're at approx 41% participation rate. no sign of them paying their folks YET, however.

"Woodstock syndrome" is in full effect on this vax ... "yeah i got it!!" just to sound cool and toe the company line. it's a joke.

Paying employees to get the vaccine is a smart solution to a positive externality problem. More companies should do that. In fact, the vaccine should be free and you should get a 25 dollar tax credit if you get one. More people would get the vaccine and the spread would slow. Lives would be saved and we could get the economy moving again. I’m willing to bet the benefits would outweigh the costs.

I don’t know where you get your information from but the internet is currently inundated with hot nurses posing for pictures while they get the vaccine.

Actually tons of experts have been advocating for this when the data showed that single dose provided a surprising amt of benefit/protection
Sorry, when I said "experts" I meant the organization in charge of determining the safety and efficacy of the vaccines. Maybe there are some hacks, er.. "experts", hired by the Biden administration to do mental gymnastics as to how screwing with the regiments proven safe in the clinical trials is a great idea. As noted by the FDA, the limited data for single dose is inconclusive, limited, and shouldn't be relied upon.

From the FDA in that article:
"At this time, suggesting changes to the FDA-authorized dosing or schedules of these vaccines is premature and not rooted solidly in the available evidence. Without appropriate data supporting such changes in vaccine administration, we run a significant risk of placing public health at risk, undermining the historic vaccination efforts to protect the population from COVID-19.

The available data continue to support the use of two specified doses of each authorized vaccine at specified intervals."

Sorry, when I said "experts" I meant the organization in charge of determining the safety and efficacy of the vaccines. Maybe there are some hacks, er.. "experts", hired by the Biden administration to do mental gymnastics as to how screwing with the regiments proven safe in the clinical trials is a great idea. As noted by the FDA, the limited data for single dose is inconclusive, limited, and shouldn't be relied upon.

From the FDA in that article:
"At this time, suggesting changes to the FDA-authorized dosing or schedules of these vaccines is premature and not rooted solidly in the available evidence. Without appropriate data supporting such changes in vaccine administration, we run a significant risk of placing public health at risk, undermining the historic vaccination efforts to protect the population from COVID-19.

The available data continue to support the use of two specified doses of each authorized vaccine at specified intervals."
What does Biden have to do with it? Can there be experts outside of gov? And is Biden even the pres yet?

What does Biden have to do with it? Can there be experts outside of gov? And is Biden even the pres yet?
My original comment, which you replied to, was referencing the Biden plan to just shotgun out all the doses in the stockpile, to get a shot in as many arms as possible. This is risky because if enough additional supply of vaccine isn't able to be produced in the 3 or so weeks between the first dose and scheduled second dose, then we will have potentially wasted the entire supply we had giving out half regiments which isn't proven to be effective.

Now who are your experts that are advocating for the one dose?

I'd get into this debate with @Hark_The_Sound_2010 and @blazers but I'd first have to acknowledge that COVID is as severe as we've been told. I'd then have to reconcile that this vaccine is really designed to do what they say it does. Then I'd have to have faith that there are no long term side effects or consequences to taking a vaccine they threw together in a couple of months.

Too many leaps for me to take. I know I wouldn't get the vaccine if they were offering $2000 tax credits. lol at $25 tax credits.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
My original comment, which you replied to, was referencing the Biden plan to just shotgun out all the doses in the stockpile, to get a shot in as many arms as possible. This is risky because if enough additional supply of vaccine isn't able to be produced in the 3 or so weeks between the first dose and scheduled second dose, then we will have potentially wasted the entire supply we had giving out half regiments which isn't proven to be effective.

Now who are your experts that are advocating for the one dose?
"My original comment was referencing the Biden plan" - It was? That wasn't obvious at all in your post, no link or anything, BTW.

Ok, regardless, the experts advocating for one-dose, if data shows it's helpful, are people like Scott Gottlieb, Trump's first FDA guy:

And lots of epi-experts from private, education, and public, Marc Lipsitch types.

But's it clearly a debate with no perfect solution. I thought you were stating that you felt it is a good idea to get shots in arms even if a second isn't lined up... and I was adding that you weren't alone in thinking this.

I'd get into this debate with @Hark_The_Sound_2010 and @blazers but I'd first have to acknowledge that COVID is as severe as we've been told. I'd then have to reconcile that this vaccine is really designed to do what they say it does. Then I'd have to have faith that there are no long term side effects or consequences to taking a vaccine they threw together in a couple of months.

Too many leaps for me to take. I know I wouldn't get the vaccine if they were offering $2000 tax credits. lol at $25 tax credits.
Don't forget, you would also have to acknowledge that it didn't go away after the election.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I don’t believe that Covid will ever “go away” meaning “cease to exist”. It’s more likely that the number of cases will start to decline this year due to seasonal fluctuation. The timing will coincide with Biden’s suggestion to continue masking up for 100 more days. Credit might also be given to his vaccine rollout strategy.

As cases decline then restrictions will start to be lifted and Biden will get credit not only for his handling of the virus but also for improving the economy. It’s a brilliant no lose strategy. Kudos to whoever thought it up.

Last edited:
I don’t believe that Covid will ever “go away” meaning “cease to exist”. It’s more likely that the number of cases will start to decline this year due to seasonal fluctuation. The timing will coincide with Biden’s suggestion to continue masking up for 100 more days.
As cases decline then restrictions will start to be lifted and Biden will get credit not only for his handling of the virus but also for improving the economy. It’s a brilliant no lose strategy. Kudos to whoever thought it up.
You can get herd immunity thru combo of high # infected + vaccine-takers. Crap tons of people are catching it this winter, technically meaning fewer vaccine-takers needed overall.

Maybe immunity wears off, but if enough vaccination happens and asymptomatic rates stay high then i think you see # of hospitalizations drop (and economy is then fine since people stop worrying about spreading to grandma)

Some diseases are more contagious than others, and some have more severe symptoms than others, and some have widespread vaccination while others don't? Weird as F____!

Thats exactly what I expected someone who has no idea what they’re talking about to say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT