ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

You should do better trying to make points or should I say trying to understand the points other people are making. It had nothing to do with them saying they were taking it or you should/shouldn't take it. It was about them not ramming it down my throat. They acted completely different than the people you see on the news who say the world is ending in two
Did you not see the "actions speak louder" part of my post? That's the point. Of course a Dr in the south is going to be sensitive around social issues. And that's what this has become - a social issue, not a medical one.

Did you not see the "actions speak louder" part of my post? That's the point. Of course a Dr in the south is going to be sensitive around social issues. And that's what this has become - a social issue, not a medical one.
tenor.gif

What a ridiculous statement about doctors in the south. Holy smokes. Show some factual data on that front. Do you know why deaths, even with the new variant, are down 10x from where we were in january when we were at the peak? take one guess. it rhymes with fascinations. Something like 85% (low) people 65 years and older have been vaccinated. they were and still are the most at risk group.

Reactions: Heelicious
What a ridiculous statement about doctors in the south. Holy smokes. Show some factual data on that front. Do you know why deaths, even with the new variant, are down 10x from where we were in january when we were at the peak? take one guess. it rhymes with fascinations. Something like 85% (low) people 65 years and older have been vaccinated. they were and still are the most at risk group.
Machinations?

Fashion Nations!

I've been following the guidelines and recommendations of Dr. Michael Osterholm throughtout this whole thing. I just trust that guy. And, recently, he came out and basically said that most of these cloth masks and surgical masks that people have been wearing are barely any protection at all. SARS-Cov-2 is an aerosol virus. If you have anything but a fitted N-95 respirator mask, you might buy yourself 5-10 minutes in a crowded location... maybe.

I've been following the guidelines and recommendations of Dr. Michael Osterholm throughtout this whole thing. I just trust that guy. And, recently, he came out and basically said that most of these cloth masks and surgical masks that people have been wearing are barely any protection at all. SARS-Cov-2 is an aerosol virus. If you have anything but a fitted N-95 respirator mask, you might buy yourself 5-10 minutes in a crowded location... maybe.

I saw Utah is giving their school kids kn95. State law prohibits mandates, but they're giving them out anyway. https://www.abc4.com/coronavirus/kn...students-this-school-year-says-utah-governor/

I saw Utah is giving their school kids kn95. State law prohibits mandates, but they're giving them out anyway. https://www.abc4.com/coronavirus/kn...students-this-school-year-says-utah-governor/
There's some kind of coating, or something in their (N95 respirators) composition that help keep out aerosol particles, and can shield you-- if it fits TIGHTLY around your mouth and nose-- more efficiently.

The surgical masks, chin-diapers, cloth masks aren't really that effective. They might buy you a little time, in a crowded area... but, they're not really much protection. They can slightly reduce the amount of viral load you release if you're infected.

Found another person in office that is a special needs child.

I saw a bit of this woman's speech yesterday. What an idiot, nut job. She lumped about four different categories of unrelated nonsense together in a couple sentences: Barry's birth certificate, papers for slaves (?), etc.

I saw another article on this yesterday: It will be interesting to see how it shakes out when the vaxx paperwork requirements for going into a restaurant, bar, entertainment venue disproportionately turns away black persons, since as a group they have disproportionately lower vaxx rates. Will these black communities claim the vaxx paper mandates are racist? Will this cause cities to drop the mandates?

I wouldn't put it past the local and fed govt and these bars and restaurants to require the vaxx paperwork only for non-BIPOCs. Because science.

Reactions: uncfootball-
The underlying concept I have the most trouble with in the COVID pandemic is how the media and govt officials can't / won't use the vast amount of data we now have on who gets infected, where - and use that data to create a focused, precise response based on those most at risk.

It is abundantly clear that the most at risk are elderly, (especially 70+), and those with comorbidities. Literally almost nobody (as a %) has died from COVID outside those groups (70+ and / or comorbidities). Why not focus the response on these people, instead of a blunt, scorched earth, "treat everyone the same" from age 2 to 102, healthy or gravely ill, regarding vaxx and / or masks?

Why should children (under 18 but I'd even argue people under 25) have to get vaxxed? Or wear a mask? I am convinced the masks on kids do more harm than good, in what they have to breathe in or recycle of breathed air via a mask. There is so much data from CDC, etc showing masks having zero impact on infections, hospitalizations, deaths (not surprising given the bogus, placebo, feel-good virtue signal 5 cent "masks" most people (mis)wear.

And why should people who have already had COVID and recovered, be required to get the vaxx, and to wear a mask? The experts say natural immunity is stronger than the vaxx. So why do these people need to get vaxxed and wear a mask if they already have had, and recovered from COVID?

Again - I'm all for even conceding that all people over 25, even otherwise healthy, should get vaxxed if they haven't had and recovered from COVID.

But why can't we be more precise and logical about who to target as the highest risk, needing to be vaxxed? Instead, its just these lies about "Everyone vaxx up and mask up. Regardless of age, health, COVID status. Shut up and do as we say. Because science and don't be a killer."

This strategy / response is definitely not science. It is the opposite of science.

The underlying concept I have the most trouble with in the COVID pandemic is how the media and govt officials can't / won't use the vast amount of data we now have on who gets infected, where - and use that data to create a focused, precise response based on those most at risk.

It is abundantly clear that the most at risk are elderly, (especially 70+), and those with comorbidities. Literally almost nobody (as a %) has died from COVID outside those groups (70+ and / or comorbidities). Why not focus the response on these people, instead of a blunt, scorched earth, "treat everyone the same" from age 2 to 102, healthy or gravely ill, regarding vaxx and / or masks?

Why should children (under 18 but I'd even argue people under 25) have to get vaxxed? Or wear a mask? I am convinced the masks on kids do more harm than good, in what they have to breathe in or recycle of breathed air via a mask. There is so much data from CDC, etc showing masks having zero impact on infections, hospitalizations, deaths (not surprising given the bogus, placebo, feel-good virtue signal 5 cent "masks" most people (mis)wear.

And why should people who have already had COVID and recovered, be required to get the vaxx, and to wear a mask? The experts say natural immunity is stronger than the vaxx. So why do these people need to get vaxxed and wear a mask if they already have had, and recovered from COVID?

Again - I'm all for even conceding that all people over 25, even otherwise healthy, should get vaxxed if they haven't had and recovered from COVID.

But why can't we be more precise and logical about who to target as the highest risk, needing to be vaxxed? Instead, its just these lies about "Everyone vaxx up and mask up. Regardless of age, health, COVID status. Shut up and do as we say. Because science and don't be a killer."

This strategy / response is definitely not science. It is the opposite of science.
The data is being willfully ignored. it’s not hard to look it up. you can look it up by state right here- https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/virginia.

Do the math for yourself. look at the 7 day rolling averages and ask yourself, is this really a constitutional crisis? where somehow we need the CDC (who over the last 18 months has lost more credibility than any other agency in modern times) has the ability to set and make laws?

Over 85% of the most at risk population (65+) is already vaccinated. what are we even doing here?

72% of black folks, and a 65% of hispanics have not been vaccinated. so now they increasingly can’t work or eat out, or go to gyms, or movie theaters, or sporting games etc. because they choose not to get a vaccine?? really?

So we’ve gone from 2 weeks to slow the spread to save the hospital capacity, to, take this vaccine or you are not part of society.

All of this while we just willfully ignore that we are at herd immunity.

odds on next variant is the lambda chi variant, get your futures bets in now.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/m...id-19-vaccines-may-make-virus-more-dangerous/
Serious concerns are being raised by the developer of the mRNA platform, Dr Robert Malone, about the push for universal vaccination by the CDC. The video in the article is from Steve Bannon’s War Room, but it’s a straight interview about the vaccine, not a political hit piece.
A few highlights from the article in which he states that:
“the escape mutants that are escaping vaccine selective pressure are most likely developing in the people who are vaccinated, NOT in the unvaccinated.”

He believes that the push to have everyone vaccinated should be halted and re-evaluated. One of his primary concerns has to do with something called “Antibody Dependent Enhancement” which he describes as a Virologist’s worst nightmare because the vaccine can cause the virus to become more infectious than would happen in the absence of vaccination.
Fauci and the CDC appear to be massaging the numbers on infections and adverse events. The health oversight agency added that it would only be counting COVID-19 cases and infections after vaccination that resulted in patients being hospitalized or dying from May 1 onward – discounting almost 90% of cases of vaccine failure. Cardiologist Dr Peter McCullough suggests total deaths due to adverse events could be higher than 50,000.

Fauci et al might be doing this to support a “noble lie”. Maybe he feels like the American people can’t handle the truth or that we’re not intelligent enough to make an informed decision. That he and the CDC have a one size fits all approach that they’ve decided in a big brotherly way is what’s best for us. Better than the risk/benefit analysis between an individual and his/her doctor. And if you question any of the CDC claims regardless of whether the assertions you make are true, they will be branded as “misinformation” and you will be attacked and silenced because it’s in the interest of the greater good.

I understand if this is TLDR but maybe some will read. I don’t think the vaccine is evil. I think it benefits the elderly and those with comorbidities including obesity. I object to the iron-fist approach and forcing people with natural immunity to get vaccinated with little to no benefit. Each individual should be allowed to make his/her decision about vaccination. The science is not settled. This is a free country. There should be a rigorous scientific debate about these issues especially since new and sometimes contradictory information is coming out all the time.
Are we heading for Covid passports in the USA? Although well-intentioned, who is to say what additional measures will be required of us to add to this passport in the future. Btw I’ve had every vaccine without question up until now. This one concerns me. Especially since it looks like it might be required to be taken every year.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/m...id-19-vaccines-may-make-virus-more-dangerous/
Serious concerns are being raised by the developer of the mRNA platform, Dr Robert Malone, about the push for universal vaccination by the CDC. The video in the article is from Steve Bannon’s War Room, but it’s a straight interview about the vaccine, not a political hit piece.
“the escape mutants that are escaping vaccine selective pressure are most likely developing in the people who are vaccinated, NOT in the unvaccinated.”

He believes that the push to have everyone vaccinated should be halted and re-evaluated. One of his primary concerns has to do with something called “Antibody Dependent Enhancement” which he describes as a Virologist’s worst nightmare because the vaccine can cause the virus to become more infectious than would happen in the absence of vaccination.
Fauci and the CDC appear to be massaging the numbers on infections and adverse events. The health oversight agency added that it would only be counting COVID-19 cases and infections after vaccination that resulted in patients being hospitalized or dying from May 1 onward – discounting almost 90% of cases of vaccine failure. Cardiologist Dr Peter McCullough suggests total deaths due to adverse events could be higher than 50,000.

Fauci et al might be doing this to support a “noble lie”. Maybe he feels like the American people can’t handle the truth or that we’re not intelligent enough to make an informed decision. That he and the CDC have a one size fits all approach that they’ve decided in a big brotherly way is what’s best for us. Better than the risk/benefit analysis between an individual and his/her doctor. And if you question any of the CDC claims regardless of whether the assertions you make are true, they will be branded as “misinformation” and you will be attacked and silenced because it’s in the interest of the greater good.

I understand if this is TLDR but maybe some will read. I don’t think the vaccine is evil. I think it benefits the elderly and those with comorbidities including obesity. I object to the iron-fist approach and forcing people with natural immunity to get vaccinated with little to no benefit. Each individual should be allowed to make his/her decision about vaccination. The science is not settled. This is a free country. There should be a rigorous scientific debate about these issues especially since new and sometimes contradictory information is coming out all the time.
Are we heading for Covid passports in the USA? Although well-intentioned, who is to say what additional measures will be required of us to add to this passport in the future. Btw I’ve had every vaccine without question up until now. This one concerns me. Especially since it looks like it might be required to be taken every year.
ADE is interesting food for thought. Everything I've read says ADE via covid vaccines is still in the realm of hypothetical or theoretical.

"No sign of ADE during the preclinical animal studies. No sign during the human clinical trials. No sign during the initial vaccine rollouts into the population. And (so far) no sign of ADE even with the variant strains in different parts of the world."

"Despite hesitancy about the relative newness of mRNA and adenoviral vector vaccines, these vaccines, in fact, have better safety profiles in terms of ADE than older types of vaccines"

that site is right wing conspiracy garbage...by all means though, as the kids say, keep sheepin!!

Get ready for empty stadiums again. And, maybe less games being played if teams don't meet the vax requirements.

Get ready for empty stadiums again. And, maybe less games being played if teams don't meet the vax requirements.
You realize over 90% of the NFL players have received at least one shot?

You also realize that there is no chance in hell owners would allow empty stadiums again? They'll probably just make it mandatory vaccine proof to attend, which is what NYC (and Europe) is doing already for events.

Reactions: carolinablue34

They'll probably just make it mandatory vaccine proof to attend, which is what NYC (and Europe) is doing already for events.
I'm sure the NFL teams in the south will go along with that idea.

They'll probably just make it mandatory vaccine proof to attend, which is what NYC (and Europe) is doing already for events.

I'm sure the NFL teams in the south will go along with that idea.

Soooo,...empty stadiums in the south?

And how does that work? People taking tickets are supposed to check vax cards (in addition to checking your backpack and getting your ticket)? Will they be skilled in spotting counterfeit cards? How long will this make the process of getting into a game?

Soooo,...empty stadiums in the south?

And how does that work? People taking tickets are supposed to check vax cards (in addition to checking your backpack and getting your ticket)? Will they be skilled in spotting counterfeit cards? How long will this make the process of getting into a game?
I guess you missed my sarcasm. The teams in the south and teams in states that don't like mandates will vote against it, so a mandate will never pass. I think @dadika13 believes NY is a model that most states will follow. It isn't.

I guess you missed my sarcasm. The teams in the south and teams in states that don't like mandates will vote against it, so a mandate will never pass. I think @dadika13 believes NY is a model that most states will follow. It isn't.

No, I knew it was sarcasm. I agree with you - fans in the south won't adhere which means whether by design or not, stadiums will be empty in the south.

But even if we entertain the idea, I was trying to discuss how that would work. Is @dadika13 suggesting that stadium workers who simply take tickets now have the responsibility of checking vax proof? And if so, how are they trained? And if not, who does it? Do stadiums now have to hire 50 more workers to take on that task? These owners and franchises are not going to support things that will cut down on their profits especially after a year where they had their profits cut.

No, I knew it was sarcasm. I agree with you - fans in the south won't adhere which means whether by design or not, stadiums will be empty in the south.

But even if we entertain the idea, I was trying to discuss how that would work. Is @dadika13 suggesting that stadium workers who simply take tickets now have the responsibility of checking vax proof? And if so, how are they trained? And if not, who does it? Do stadiums now have to hire 50 more workers to take on that task? These owners and franchises are not going to support things that will cut down on their profits especially after a year where they had their profits cut.
I think it would work pretty much like you said, but I don't see it happening. I was thinking that the NFL needed more than half of the teams to agree to something. Between the states that would make legal challenges in the south and with the other states getting a massive influx of calls, emails, etc from their fans, I just don't think it has the support. I'm not sure it would even be voted on. They would just not take a stance individually and let Rodger take the heat.

It will be interesting to see what the govt / media does if / when minorities / BIPOCs are disproportionately turned away from events because they have disproportionately lower vaxx rates. Again - not judging them, its just factual reality.

But maybe the BIPOCs that are not getting vaxxed, are not the demographic to be able to afford NFL tix, parking, concessions, etc. But unvaxxed minorities being disproportionately being barred from restaurants, bars, other entertainment venues....not a good look.... I don't know if the media and govt geniuses have thought this all the way through yet....how it ends.

But maybe the BIPOCs that are not getting vaxxed, are not the demographic to be able to afford NFL tix, parking, concessions, etc. But unvaxxed minorities being disproportionately being barred from restaurants, bars, other entertainment venues....not a good look.... I don't know if the media and govt geniuses have thought this all the way through yet....how it ends.

And colleges. Think about that for a minute. Colleges - as woke as they can be - will become whiter than they’ve been in decades if more colleges make vax proof a requirement for enrollment. So all these classes on white oppression that are popping up these days will be attended by…wait for it…only whites. Lulz.

You also realize that there is no chance in hell owners would allow empty stadiums again? They'll probably just make it mandatory vaccine proof to attend, which is what NYC (and Europe) is doing already for events.
Exactly this. No way they're going to lose out on that revenue with vaccinations aplenty.

It will be interesting to see what the govt / media does if / when minorities / BIPOCs are disproportionately turned away from events because they have disproportionately lower vaxx rates. Again - not judging them, its just factual reality.

Well you know the stupid excuse will be: POC didn't have the same access as whites did so it's not their fault lol.

I acknowledge that for many poor and working class people getting the vaccine ended up having logistical challenges, transportation, proximity, etc. but there are no shortages of the vax anymore. Any many of these same people didn't feel the need to get it anyway.

Bottom line, it's just not enforceable or practical to require proof of the vaccine for NFL stadiums or places of leisure. If individual businesses want to or the Federal government requires it for their own workers, that's up to them.

Last edited:
Exactly this. No way they're going to lose out on that revenue with vaccinations aplenty.
By my count there are 10 teams that will never agree to a vaccine requirement for fans due to politics and/or lawsuits

Miami
Houston
Jacksonville
Tennessee
Kansas City
Dallas
Atlanta
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Arizona

Then I would put these four in the probable

Cincinnati
Cleveland
Indiana
Carolina

That's 14 teams, almost half the league. Then you have teams like the Eagles who probably aren't going to want to deal with the backlash from their fans. The league will make Rodger fall on his sword like they normally do.

I'd be very surprised, even in the south, if they couldn't find enough paying customers that have been vaxxed (or have counterfeited vaxx cards) to fill the stadiums. Sure, you might be turning away the die-hard long-time fans if they aren't vaxxed, but there will be someone there to take their place.

Also, the teams/NFL wouldn't give two shits if people are bringing fake vaxx cards to the game. It would be as quick as an ID check when you give your ticket at the gate. The teams wouldn't actually care about stopping unvaxxed people from attending, it would be done purely to check the box that they are "trying to be responsible".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT