ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

Well, this sounds like great news

"However, analysis by Public Health England has shown that when vaccinated people catch the virus they have a similar viral load to unvaccinated individuals and may be as infectious."

But at least this guy gets it

"We need to start moving away from just reporting infections, or just reporting positive cases admitted to hospital, to actually start reporting the number of people who are ill because of Covid," he added. "Otherwise we are going to be frightening ourselves with very high numbers that actually don't translate into disease burden."
It's here to stay. I hope whoever, or whatever, released this into the world is pleased with the results. A year-round flu season!

It's here to stay. I hope whoever, or whatever, released this into the world is pleased with the results. A year-round flu season!
Yeah, this will never be something that is eradicated. Even if vaccination was at 100%. It's going to be just like the flu. You're going to go to the doctor and they are going to ask if you've got your flu and covid shot this year.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Awful. But the real question is are they letting folks out of their service commitment if they refuse the vax? They should.

This will do great damage to our military. I think Uncle Sam is forgetting who is the most likely type of person to enlist. This will cause numbers to drop substantially. Yay America!

🔥

I read some stuff indicating the delta wave (measured by severe illness and hosp i suppose) in Britain / EU was pretty short-lived. It moves so fast that it spike pretty quickly finding all the low-hanging fruit at one time, then the rates rapidly declined. The theory around the rate reversal other than it moving fast is that Brits masked-up and distanced hardcore.

Reactions: gteeitup
@heelmanwilm how’s the fam?
Sis is hanging on but very ill. She had some pre existing stuff we weren’t aware of. Parents still test negative. Two of her employees tested positive and one is sick but not serious. Mom and other sis are doing their best to keep her store open but don’t know how long they can do it without banking or purchasing privileges. And they can’t visit her to try and figure it out.

Sis is hanging on but very ill. She had some pre existing stuff we weren’t aware of. Parents still test negative. Two of her employees tested positive and one is sick but not serious. Mom and other sis are doing their best to keep her store open but don’t know how long they can do it without banking or purchasing privileges. And they can’t visit her to try and figure it out.
Is your sister not in good enough shape to sign a POA for your mom and other sister to run the store?

I read some stuff indicating the delta wave (measured by severe illness and hosp i suppose) in Britain / EU was pretty short-lived. It moves so fast that it spike pretty quickly finding all the low-hanging fruit at one time, then the rates rapidly declined. The theory around the rate reversal other than it moving fast is that Brits masked-up and distanced hardcore.
I think it's more about them having an 88% vaccination rate.

Diseases die when they don't have enough unprotected hosts.

Is your sister not in good enough shape to sign a POA for your mom and other sister to run the store?
Hospital will only discuss things with my mom due to the paperwork that my sister signed for a previous hospital stay several years ago. My mom is 85 and has mild dementia. So the doctors tell my not so mentally fit mom then she tells us. So we get conflicting nonsensical reports from her about our sister‘s condition constantly and it’s torturous trying to sort shit out. So to answer your question I don’t know. We’re fairly certain she’s not able to communicate though. This point I’m ready to say **** it and just close the damn store. My sis is going through a patient advocacy group to try and get before a judge and declare my mom mentally unfit and gain access to my sis medical info and get poa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heelicious
Hospital will only discuss things with my mom due to the paperwork that my sister signed for a previous hospital stay several years ago. My mom is 85 and has mild dementia. So the doctors tell my not so mentally fit mom then she tells us. So we get conflicting nonsensical reports from her about our sister‘s condition constantly and it’s torturous trying to sort shit out. So to answer your question I don’t know. We’re fairly certain she’s not able to communicate though. This point I’m ready to say **** it and just close the damn store. My sis is going through a patient advocacy group to try and get before a judge and declare my mom mentally unfit and gain access to my sis medical info and get poa.
Sorry to hear that, man. Hope things get better.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
wow…hope things improve.

hope everything turns out OK

And colleges. Think about that for a minute. Colleges - as woke as they can be - will become whiter than they’ve been in decades if more colleges make vax proof a requirement for enrollment. So all these classes on white oppression that are popping up these days will be attended by…wait for it…only whites. Lulz.

doesnt matter, irrational covid fear > racism

keep on sheepin!!

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe
She's "here for the children." She looks like she ate 3 or 4 of them.

BRGIvQ.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: gunslingerdick
we’re in blacksburg moving our oldest into college and there’s a significant difference in how communities, towns, and states are handling this thing, obviously.

virginia might be for lovers, but they seem to generally give a shit about citizens whether they know them or not.

an update to my situation, a reporter from wral contacted me three days ago about doing a story re: covid surge on the obx…i only offered commentary because i was driving and zoom wouldn’t have worked…anyway, covid is exploding in dare county.

Saw a story that in Texas ICU beds for kids are almost fully mostly from covid. Early on experts said kids were not at risk.

Looks like death rates are climbing for the fully vaccinated. Thought the experts said that would not happen.

Guess the experts are like me and have no idea.

Looks like death rates are climbing for the fully vaccinated. Thought the experts said that would not happen.

Guess the experts are like me and have no idea.
Link? 95+ % of the hosp are unvaccinated. Deaths is even higher % unvaccinated.

Saw a story that in Texas ICU beds for kids are almost fully mostly from covid. Early on experts said kids were not at risk.
EVBWvcbXQAE9v9S

Kids are less at risk of having severe symptoms. The difference now is that delta is much more contagious.

The people in charge- government and science- made a huge mistake by giving a green light back in June and then, maybe a month later, going back to DefCon 1 and giving people false hope. They all knew this variant was coming long before it ever got here.

This Delta shit could deliver more cases than any other wave, and we won't be anywhere closer to any kind of herd immunity.

The people in charge- government and science- made a huge mistake by giving a green light back in June and then, maybe a month later, going back to DefCon 1 and giving people false hope. They all knew this variant was coming long before it ever got here.

This Delta shit could deliver more cases than any other wave, and we won't be anywhere closer to any kind of herd immunity.
Yeah, the government has screwed up the messaging on this from the beginning. A change in administration apparently hasn't helped the PR department.

Reactions: blazers
we’re in blacksburg moving our oldest into college and there’s a significant difference in how communities, towns, and states are handling this thing, obviously.

virginia might be for lovers, but they seem to generally give a shit about citizens whether they know them or not.

an update to my situation, a reporter from wral contacted me three days ago about doing a story re: covid surge on the obx…i only offered commentary because i was driving and zoom wouldn’t have worked…anyway, covid is exploding in dare county.
Not sure college towns are the best way to determine how the rest of the state works.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
Yeah, the government has screwed up the messaging on this from the beginning. A change in administration apparently hasn't helped the PR department.
They all had to know this was coming. They may not have known just how bad it could get, but they had to have known it could be another gut-punch. Americans are not patient people, as a whole. And, the whole system is fragile from nearly 2 years of this crap, and the political climate to boot.

I remember seeing people in news media, back in June, referring to things like "back during Covid...", as if it were in the rear-view mirror. The whole thing just seems to feed on itself with disinformation and then there's a noticeable attempt to silence and ostracize anything that goes against whatever has been deemed as being "the right thing to do." And, the result is lack of trust. And, when there's too much lack of trust, things can get really bad, really fast. You'd think that the people who run things would know that by now.

What are you saying here? I live in Central VA, have property about 30 minutes from Blacksburg, and have spent tons of time all over SW VA. I’m curious as to what you mean by this poast and would like to confirm or deny its accuracy.

Simple number would be nice. Numbers without covid being tagged for deaths not caused by it.
Infected persons both vaxed and unvaxed
Infected persons who are in hospital with above options
Dead persons with above options
Add age for extra points.
Dead vaxed persons and which vax they took for the bonus

Simple number would be nice. Numbers without covid being tagged for deaths not caused by it.
Infected persons both vaxed and unvaxed
Infected persons who are in hospital with above options
Dead persons with above options
Add age for extra points.
Dead vaxed persons and which vax they took for the bonus
They're kinda doing most of that already, but going about it in a horrible way. Add in the everything can go back to normal and it's a shit show. When we first started shutting down, I said it should be a complete shut down or nothing at all. A partial shut down like we had would just extend this thing and confuse everyone, making things worse. Looks like I was right.

They're kinda doing most of that already, but going about it in a horrible way. Add in the everything can go back to normal and it's a shit show. When we first started shutting down, I said it should be a complete shut down or nothing at all. A partial shut down like we had would just extend this thing and confuse everyone, making things worse. Looks like I was right.
It might have worked... if we were New Zealand, maybe. But, they're a small island. A true shutdown might have worked, but I have my doubts. There's no way to keep it out of a place like the USA. It's too big and it's too important to the rest of the world. And, I'm not sure if it would have worked. The virus could still have found a way to survive and start reinfecting. I sure as hell hope they can get a better handle on this thing in years to come. The last thing we need is a perpetual, year-round vigilance on a disease like this.

I am much more interested in finding out where it came from and how it was released. If it was some lab-developed bio-weapon, or if it was from those filthy wet markets. These viruses always come out of that part of the world. I hate to seem cruel to innocent people in China, but this thing has really caused an enormous upheaval in human societies globally. There has to be some kind of retribution, especially if it was nefarious. In my opinion, this is a crime against humanity. I keep seeing things about American involvement as well, and of course that's not surprising. There needs to be a mutual agreement-- like a Geneva convention or something-- that prohibits any kind of lethal virus weaponization of any kind.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
More contagious = more cases.
More cases = more severe/icu.
So the symptoms of the disease itself haven't become more severe, have they?

no, and who said that they had? What was stated was that kids wouldn't be as likely to get those severe symptoms. But kids in ICU means severe symptoms. I guess you're saying, or at least what I've read indicates that ICU beds being full of kids reflects the same small percentage of severe symptoms but an overall much larger number of cases. But I can't find actual numbers that back that up.

Raleigh is requiring masks indoors except if you're eating or drinking. Partial.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT