ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

Please let my wife know she can let it go. She is so paranoid over or smallest gbaby. His parents are like that as well. I was done with it a few months ago

I understood the need for certain precautions. With no vaccine they were necessary to a certain degree. But now we have one and I don't see a point in trying to convince people who won't get it to do so. Let them live with the consequences. I shouldn't still have to wear a mask because of it (FYI many towns in my state still require it indoors).

Because the CDC was supposed to become trustworthy again after Trump destroyed it. Or something like that.
Trustworthy, no, effective, yes. America is the greatest country but we can't get science around public health organized?

We can pump out a frickin vaccine, but can't make simple testing ubiquitous? Can't create ez access to n95 when they're needed? Can't lead in studies?

But also, yeah, CDC and nih leadership under Trump was an absolute joke. In retrospect I'm glad it wasn't worse. He had looney-tunes Michael Caputo rewriting public communications.

My friend, who I lost to covid last week, lost his wife today to covid complications

My friend, who I lost to covid last week, lost his wife today to covid complications
Hey, man... really sorry to hear that. One of my oldest, and best, friend's younger brother died in a Brevard/Transylvania regional hospital a few weeks ago from Covid. He was only n there for 4 days and died. He was in his early 60s, but very healthy. It took him down, fast!

Hey, man... really sorry to hear that. One of my oldest, and best, friend's younger brother died in a Brevard/Transylvania regional hospital a few weeks ago from Covid. He was only n there for 4 days and died. He was in his early 60s, but very healthy. It took him down, fast!
This virus sucks....but I am at a Christian concert tonight!!!!

Judging by how the last two years have gone god help us if a virus any worse comes around. We’re talking total economic and health care system collapse. Politicized Armageddon.

Reactions: blazers
middle son(15) tested positive today…fever is around 100.

they are masked in schools…goes to a fb game last friday night with friends, boom.

@Grayhead sorry to read about your friends.

The fact is our hospitals are full of people with COVID, a lot of them dying. They have one thing in common, they are not all Trump supporter, they are not all black or Mexican, they are not all religious nuts. The one thing they have in common is they have not had their shot. Period.

Reactions: blazers
middle son(15) tested positive today…fever is around 100.

they are masked in schools…goes to a fb game last friday night with friends, boom.

@Grayhead sorry to read about your friends.
Hope your son does well, kids can take this virus a lot better than us old folks

Reactions: gteeitup
12 hrs doesn't seem very long. Wonder if he caught prior to last night.
the game was nine days ago…was congested the following monday(six days ago) still went to school…fever developed two days later with a sore throat(wednesday), stayed home until friday(two days ago) when he had no fever.

fever came back friday night…took the at-home test twice, both positive…other son took one test, negative…went to a testing site yesterday for the pcr test…now waiting on that result.

the game was nine days ago…was congested the following monday(six days ago) still went to school…fever developed two days later with a sore throat(wednesday), stayed home until friday(two days ago) when he had no fever.

fever came back friday night…took the at-home test twice, both positive…other son took one test, negative…went to a testing site yesterday for the pcr test…now waiting on that result.
best of outcomes to him, g.

Right, gotta live life, go to concerts, etc, make most of it while you can. Go big.
Dude. I've been vaccinated and had COVID. As protected as I will ever be.

They refused the vax. Refused to go to the doctor. Only when when the lost consciousness did their family send them to the hospital. See any difference? Keep smoking the fauci cheetah. You will be just fine.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
son’s pcr test came back negative…called the pediatrician and she said the allergy and other stuff is on the uptick, so it looks like the at home tests were false positives.
IllfatedHighlevelCrocodile-max-1mb.gif

• Love
Reactions: gteeitup

They refused the vax. Refused to go to the doctor. Only when when the lost consciousness did their family send them to the hospital. See any difference? Keep smoking the fauci cheetah. You will be just fine.
Wow! They lost consciousness before they ever went for treatment? That's definitely going to make it more difficult to survive. Did they regain consciousness?

I think you misunderstood me, or I just misunderstood your relationship with your friends.

Rough look for the anti-Covid vax crowd. Kyrie is kinda like the KKK, if he's on your side then your side is probably wrong.

Rough look for the anti-Covid vax crowd. Kyrie is kinda like the KKK, if he's on your side then your side is probably wrong.

He is one of my most disliked players. I find him to be an asshole and a dolt. I'm on his side. I hope he stays true to it all, tells the NBA to f*ck themselves and retires. Or better yet, I hope he cries racism, gets something ugly brewing and the NBA and the Nets lose money. Maybe he can mobilize some other idiot ballers and they can band together to create a real shitshow for the NBA. I would like few things more than watching the NBA go bankrupt.

Last edited:
All this craziness and it seems barring another variant the virus may just be dying a natural death. These things have life spans and looking at th numbers now I think it’s circling the drain.

Fauci: Hold my beer.

They've already named two variants that never became anything but that won't stop the media from proclaiming them as the cause for the upcoming zombie apocalypse.

I don't want to treat this as insensitive or come off as non-caring because that's not the intent, but I did want to point out something in this thread regarding covid. I recall vividly posters on this thread and others, one in particular, that moaned constantly that orangeman was the prime reason behind the country suffering so deeply from covid. If only he had a national policy, if only he would handle this at the federal level, if only he would implement policies that would solve this, if only, if only, if only - whatever to simply blame trump at every turn.

Well, I read the other day per Johns Hopkins that, sadly, more people have now died from covid in the US during 2021 than 2020 and that's with Joey having the benefit of the vaccines.

Time to man up and take the blame for your hero as well . . . . . or was blaming trump for covid really just the ends justifying the means? Or, is this now like the argument regarding Afghan withdrawal, it would happen to any president?

Fauci: Hold my beer.

They've already named two variants that never became anything but that won't stop the media from proclaiming them as the cause for the upcoming zombie apocalypse.
I saw something, somewhere about a week ago that Fauci "strongly suspects" that this is the final wave. You can't get much better than "strongly suspects!"

I don't want to treat this as insensitive or come off as non-caring because that's not the intent, but I did want to point out something in this thread regarding covid. I recall vividly posters on this thread and others, one in particular, that moaned constantly that orangeman was the prime reason behind the country suffering so deeply from covid. If only he had a national policy, if only he would handle this at the federal level, if only he would implement policies that would solve this, if only, if only, if only - whatever to simply blame trump at every turn.

Well, I read the other day per Johns Hopkins that, sadly, more people have now died from covid in the US during 2021 than 2020 and that's with Joey having the benefit of the vaccines.

Time to man up and take the blame for your hero as well . . . . . or was blaming trump for covid really just the ends justifying the means? Or, is this now like the argument regarding Afghan withdrawal, it would happen to any president?
I don’t like the guy but blaming Trump for Covid is dumb.

Can you get on him for his messaging? Sure...but if anyone thinks this would have gone away simply because the President pushed more masks on people then they are nuts.

I don’t like the guy but blaming Trump for Covid is dumb.

Can you get on him for his messaging? Sure...but if anyone thinks this would have gone away simply because the President pushed more masks on people then they are nuts.
The same can be said for all of those people on the right that insisted that as soon as the election was over covid would be gone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT