ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

yikes-jim-halpert.gif
I did acknowledge it wasn't popular, lol. I can be cold-hearted sometimes...

Reactions: heelmanwilm
all of this is happening due to a respiratory virus with an overall death rate below 1.8%

America has reached it's lowest possible stupidity level.

• Haha
Reactions: Heelicious
all of this is happening due to a respiratory virus with an overall death rate below 1.8%

So if the procedures and protocols and such didn’t work and the death rate were higher then you’d be more in favor of the procedures and protocols?

Here's the crazy part about this that just shows you how manipulative and dishonest both the administration and the media are: there is no actual mandate (for non-federal entities). That is, Biden announced he was doing it and said it like a hundred time, but show me where he signed it into law somehow. He actually initiated a process that takes months to come to fruition. However, as of yet, the mandate doesn't exist, everyone just believes it to be the case. Rather, the media kept pounding the drum about it and everyone just got duped and fell into line. Thus, while all these private employers have the legal right to impose their own requirement, there is not yet a legal requirement for them to do so. They have done so at this point due to the "politics" of not doing so. At least that's my understanding of the situation. Look it up.
Exactly. And (though not as significant) it annoys the crap out of me every time I hear on a bus or in an airport or on a plane that "wearing a mask at all times is a federal law, and you can be charged with a federal crime if you don't wear one properly at all times".

What utter BS - but still 95+% comply. Stupid sheep. What mask law was passed? Maybe some EO, but I'm not sure if even that is out there.

And the disparity of WHO does and does not need to wear masks (none of our betters, the elite, smart sophisticated crowd need to wear them. Masks are for the little people, the dumb peasant servants) ....
and WHERE you need to wear them....(at some large sports events, not at others, for example)....pure "science" insanity.

Just this week in St. Paul - people needed to show vax certs and wear masks to go to an Eagles concert. But nothing at all was required for a Minnesota Wild hockey game. In the same exact city and arena. That is some weird science right there.

We can hope - but maybe we will be surprised. Two years ago I never would have guessed that so much stupid would be so prevalent, surfacing via people getting the sht scared out of them, over something that ranks below a lot of other medical risks that most of people face ongoing.

I am afraid to think of how many people will still wear masks and freak out if you get near them, once the COVID virus has waned, and masks are no longer required.

Exactly. And (though not as significant) it annoys the crap out of me every time I hear on a bus or in an airport or on a plane that "wearing a mask at all times is a federal law, and you can be charged with a federal crime if you don't wear one properly at all times".

What utter BS - but still 95+% comply. Stupid sheep. What mask law was passed? Maybe some EO, but I'm not sure if even that is out there.

And the disparity of WHO does and does not need to wear masks (none of our betters, the elite, smart sophisticated crowd need to wear them. Masks are for the little people, the dumb peasant servants) ....
and WHERE you need to wear them....(at some large sports events, not at others, for example)....pure "science" insanity.

Just this week in St. Paul - people needed to show vax certs and wear masks to go to an Eagles concert. But nothing at all was required for a Minnesota Wild hockey game. In the same exact city and arena. That is some weird science right there.
You saw Don Henley and his backing band?

hmmmm number of crazies freaking out over being approached by an unmasked person vs number of crazies freaking out over being told to wear a mask in a business/airplane etc. Wonder which is higher.

I've been flying down to Arizona the last 9 months fairly regularly and I would bet between the airlines and the businesses 90+% of the people I encounter hate the damn masks. They have them down below the nose, not properly fitted....... The majority hate this shit.

I've been flying down to Arizona the last 9 months fairly regularly and I would bet between the airlines and the businesses 90+% of the people I encounter hate the damn masks. They have them down below the nose, not properly fitted....... The majority hate this shit.
Yea I’m done with it. At this point it’s only protecting the unvaxxed anyway. They made their choice (which I support their right to do so) and now I get to move on.

You saw Don Henley and his backing band?
nah its hard to think of who I'd go see in person in concert now. Especially at prices like "Eagles" or Rolling Stones (here this weekend) would charge? Hard pass from me.

I'd be much more likely to go see the Wild (hockey) but I attended neither.

Reactions: strummingram
nah its hard to think of who I'd go see in person in concert now. Especially at prices like "Eagles" or Rolling Stones (here this weekend) would charge? Hard pass from me.

I'd be much more likely to go see the Wild (hockey) but I attended neither.
I'd probably go and see Joe Walsh, as a solo act. His music is far better than The Eagles, to me. I was sad to hear him really sell himself short, as an artist and musician, in the The History of the Eagles.

It's kinda sad when these acts patch together bits-and-pieces of what's left and charge people $250 to see it. Don Henley won't reach-out to Felder. Joe Walsh and Tim Schmidt are content to get a paycheck from the Eagles cash register. Glenn Frey's son, Vince Gill and some other guy join the fragments of the last version of The Eagles. Yay. You could scrap all of Glenn Frey's songs from the playlist and the concert gets exponentially better.

I think when the Baby Boomers, and especially Gen X, are all dead and gone, the American music scene is going to be a totally different experience

So if the procedures and protocols and such didn’t work and the death rate were higher then you’d be more in favor of the procedures and protocols?

2 weeks to flatten the curve ... mask it up ... double mask it up ... stay back 6 feet ... mask it up again ... dont get the Trump vaxx ... wait, it's okay, get the vaxx ... you'll need a booster in 9, no make that 6 .. nevermind, get the booster NOW.

is that what you mean by "procedures and protocols" ?? if so, then no, i dont support any of it, regardless of the death rate.

1.7% ... which does not include the millions of people who never got tested. the ACTUAL death rate is likely below 1%. but hey, keep on sheepin!!

At this point it’s only protecting the unvaxxed anyway.
i agree with your premise entirely, but you're wrong on that part. breakthrough cases are happening everywhere, so according to the "science" wearing a mask is TECHNICALLY protecting everyone ... but dont get me wrong, the masks are retarded.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
2 weeks to flatten the curve ... mask it up ... double mask it up ... stay back 6 feet ... mask it up again ... dont get the Trump vaxx ... wait, it's okay, get the vaxx ... you'll need a booster in 9, no make that 6 .. nevermind, get the booster NOW.

is that what you mean by "procedures and protocols" ?? if so, then no, i dont support any of it, regardless of the death rate.

1.7% ... which does not include the millions of people who never got tested. the ACTUAL death rate is likely below 1%. but hey, keep on sheepin!!
I’m not masking and I refused getting vaxxed until delta variant emerged. I’d hardly call that sheepin but whatever. But my point is that the death rate however you want to compute it covers a population that has social diatanced, masked, and gotten ftmp vaccinated. When you referred to “all this” I assumed you were referring to that. So my question to you is what would the death rate be without “all this”?

i agree with your premise entirely, but you're wrong on that part. breakthrough cases are happening everywhere, so according to the "science" wearing a mask is TECHNICALLY protecting everyone ... but dont get me wrong, the masks are retarded.
I’d bore you with the numbers on breakthrough cases but I’m sure you’d ignore them. But I agree at this point masks are retarded.

I’m not masking and I refused getting vaxxed until delta variant emerged. I’d hardly call that sheepin but whatever. But my point is that the death rate however you want to compute it covers a population that has social diatanced, masked, and gotten ftmp vaccinated. When you referred to “all this” I assumed you were referring to that. So my question to you is what would the death rate be without “all this”?
1.8373%

ETA; give or take

I think when the Baby Boomers, and especially Gen X, are all dead and gone, the American music scene is going to be a totally different experience

This might be the statement of yours in which I most agree. Like in the history of us poasting here. Looks like we may make it after all.

I'd probably go and see Joe Walsh, as a solo act. His music is far better than The Eagles, to me. I was sad to hear him really sell himself short, as an artist and musician, in the The History of the Eagles.

It's kinda sad when these acts patch together bits-and-pieces of what's left and charge people $250 to see it. Don Henley won't reach-out to Felder. Joe Walsh and Tim Schmidt are content to get a paycheck from the Eagles cash register. Glenn Frey's son, Vince Gill and some other guy join the fragments of the last version of The Eagles. Yay. You could scrap all of Glenn Frey's songs from the playlist and the concert gets exponentially better.

I will say in all that you stated in this post - while he may not be right in your genre wheelhouse, Vince Gill is possibly the most underrated, underappreciated musical talent of my (our?) generation. Just an uber talented music writer and performer.

I will say in all that you stated in this post - while he may not be right in your genre wheelhouse, Vince Gill is possibly the most underrated, underappreciated musical talent of my (our?) generation. Just an uber talented music writer and performer.
Gill is incredible. I think he's very much appreciated.

I spent the last 3 days playing a member-guest golf tourney at a high end club in RDU. My partner is the CEO of one of the largest CRO's in the world and an expert on all things clinical trials/drug development and testing. Also played with a retired pharmaceutical physician and his partner who is one of the top voices in the infectious disease world. All 3 of them ARE FULLY VAXXD and agree that the vaccine was rushed (though for noble reasons) and there are millions of adverse side effects going unreported ... that masks never truly reduced the spread due to the wrong type of mask and/or not wearing them correctly ... the vaxx should NOT be federally mandated due to freedom/personal choice ... and that natural immunity/previous infections data are stupidly being ignored (thanks mostly to politics) and anyone who has recovered from Covid should be treated the same as the vaxxd.

They are all still actively working in their fields (and/or serve on boards / do consulting) and all agree that H.R. offices, attorneys and the media are causing the most problems when it comes to work place vaxx issues ... that the "vast majority" people who are actually trained and understand infectious disease/drug development feel exactly the same as they do.

Masks and social distancing are a joke and did nothing. 65 and up and immunocompromised folks should get vaxxd, which is and will continue to reduce the death rate.

If you really want to see death rates in America fall, ban fast food / processed foods! (being facetious, but it's the truth)

I spent the last 3 days playing a member-guest golf tourney at a high end club in RDU. My partner is the CEO of one of the largest CRO's in the world and an expert on all things clinical trials/drug development and testing. Also played with a retired pharmaceutical physician and his partner who is one of the top voices in the infectious disease world. All 3 of them ARE FULLY VAXXD and agree that the vaccine was rushed (though for noble reasons) and there are millions of adverse side effects going unreported ... that masks never truly reduced the spread due to the wrong type of mask and/or not wearing them correctly ... the vaxx should NOT be federally mandated due to freedom/personal choice ... and that natural immunity/previous infections data are stupidly being ignored (thanks mostly to politics) and anyone who has recovered from Covid should be treated the same as the vaxxd.

They are all still actively working in their fields (and/or serve on boards / do consulting) and all agree that H.R. offices, attorneys and the media are causing the most problems when it comes to work place vaxx issues ... that the "vast majority" people who are actually trained and understand infectious disease/drug development feel exactly the same as they do.
Vtg0xuNN82S0dwYVGfvrvCxipqUcUJmzchz3KBErsOc.png

I'm over everything being considered a possible sign of rona. Never mind that they've made the list so broad that it covers signs for a hundred different other sicknesses. People need to realize that it's possible that other illnesses exist. My daughters had to stay out of school an extra day because one of them had a fever on Sunday. We held them out on Monday even though they were fever free and we even got a test for the school. Despite the fact that they didn't have a fever anymore and the test was negative, they had to stay out an extra day. Let's all freak out because a kid catches a cold. It's time to move on and be rational about things.

Portugal setting a nice example here (also one of the nicest places on Earth, highly recommended trip).

High vax rates, low hospitalization rates have led to them basically returning to normal from an economic perspective. They aren't getting spooked with cases because they know it's the vaxed who are getting these 7-10% breakthrough cases and thus not likely to have it be serious and a reason to shut anything down.

I'm over everything being considered a possible sign of rona. Never mind that they've made the list so broad that it covers signs for a hundred different other sicknesses. People need to realize that it's possible that other illnesses exist. My daughters had to stay out of school an extra day because one of them had a fever on Sunday. We held them out on Monday even though they were fever free and we even got a test for the school. Despite the fact that they didn't have a fever anymore and the test was negative, they had to stay out an extra day. Let's all freak out because a kid catches a cold. It's time to move on and be rational about things.
Relinquish control? Nah...

It's a shame rapid testing and pooled testing hasn't been made more bulletproof, cheap and commonplace. One of the biggest mistakes in all this.

along with not making antibodies testing free and easy to schedule.
Yeah, I'm very pro-vax but I do believe that anti-body testing would solve so many problems we're all currently debating because that's really what it comes down to in terms of controlling spread.

I'm glad to see President Biden is going to finally end this pandemic. And we all know that it would have been done sooner if he hadn't had to deal with Trump's fiasco in Afghanistan.

• Haha
I'm glad to see President Biden is going to finally end this pandemic. And we all know that it would have been done sooner if he hadn't had to deal with Trump's fiasco in Afghanistan.

You need to quit watching cnn and other commie outlets. Everyone knows the joos/media and China conspired to create the virus and spread fear to defeat gods chosen savior who he sent to defeat the reptile child molesters. Their leader Bill gates is using biden to help him track the vaccinated people by making them glow in the dark. It’s all about control just like with the arrows in the grocery aisles. Next thing you’ll be getting loaded on cattle cars headed to labor camps.

You need to quit watching cnn and other commie outlets. Everyone knows the joos/media and China conspired to create the virus and spread fear to defeat gods chosen savior who he sent to defeat the reptile child molesters. Their leader Bill gates is using biden to help him track the vaccinated people by making them glow in the dark. It’s all about control just like with the arrows in the grocery aisles. Next thing you’ll be getting loaded on cattle cars headed to labor camps.

I don’t know that everyone knows any of what you wrote. You seem slightly deranged.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT