ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

Washington up to 9 reported deaths. Two cases reported in New York. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife.

Interesting that if you Google coronavirus now, the top results are from WHO, CDC, and state Health Departments. This is a good thing IMO.
GA reported their first two cases today as well.

was just gonna drop the nc link.

virus experts today and yesterday on stern said it’s a two day thing for healthy people and everyone needs to chill and wash hands.

coronavirus-dogs-3-gty-rc-200219_sl_3x2_608.jpg

What’s up with the Lysol cans having Human Coronavirus on the label?

posted that at the beginning...it’s on clorox wipes as well.

this is something that’s been around forever, it’s just named specifically now, per the virus peeps.

if anyone has sirius/xm, go to the howard stern show and find his experts calling in.

Reactions: toophly1124

this is something that’s been around forever, it’s just named specifically now, per the virus peeps.

if anyone has sirius/xm, go to the howard stern show and find his experts calling in.

Definitely didn’t read the entire thread. I apologize.

Reactions: gteeitup

Yeah, major hype for unknown reasons.
tenor.gif

Every time you see health officials dealing with ir- or photos of them- they have hazmat suits like they're handling Ebola patients.

It's shocking that people think that the reported cases are the only cases, and base the mortality rate off that.

Yeah but it's like that with anything, especially the flu. Old people with cancer/heart disease etc. die from flu related stuff all the time but they don't say the flu got them, it was their disease and their weakened immune system from it. In reality, the flu mortality rate for people without preexisting conditions is like .2%. So Corona being 1% is still 5x the flu but still only likely to really impact you if you have other shit going on.

P.S. My buddy works for Biogen up in your area, 3 of his coworkers got diagnosed with Corona yesterday and he said the place is a mad house. Shut the whole thing down and self quarantines happening.

Yeah but it's like that with anything, especially the flu. Old people with cancer/heart disease etc. die from flu related stuff all the time but they don't say the flu got them, it was their disease and their weakened immune system from it. In reality, the flu mortality rate for people without preexisting conditions is like .2%. So Corona being 1% is still 5x the flu but still only likely to really impact you if you have other shit going on.

P.S. My buddy works for Biogen up in your area, 3 of his coworkers got diagnosed with Corona yesterday and he said the place is a mad house. Shut the whole thing down and self quarantines happening.

This is the same shit, albeit on a larger scale, as a hurricane predicted to hit the East Coast in 3 days.

I keep hearing about people stockpiling toilet paper and water.

This is interesting to watch unfold.

I keep hearing about people stockpiling toilet paper and water.

This is interesting to watch unfold.
Human nature is fascinating, isn't it? Logic and reason get rapidly tossed aside, and the reptilian brain steps in like Al Haig saying "I'm in charge here."

Everyone should plan on some inconveniences and disruption to their daily lives soon. Conferences are being cancelled, Amtrak has suspended some services, etc. It's probably only a matter of time before schools are closed and employers tell us all to work from home.

Every state now has public health laboratories set up to test for the virus except West Virginia and Maine, who are in the process of doing so, according to the CDC. Expect the number of reported cases and deaths to spike in the coming weeks, and of course the public panic that will ensue.

I went right before a hurricane one time and it was practically empty. Road space mountain three times in a row and was in line a total of about 15 minutes.
Me and my wife are heading to Portugal and Morocco in about a week.
Don’t know if that is the right thing to do but I’m on old man and there is a lot of this world I’ve not seen yet.

Last edited:
They're buying-up the Clorox wet-wipes, too.

My mom works p/t at Lowe's so she can have some time away from my retired stepfather... she said painters and people who NEED the masks for their work are stuck! Same for me with trying to get the disposable rubber gloves.

My brother, just northwest of Minneapolis just saw where the first MN case was reported about 15 miles away in Ramsey.

Get in the habit of washing your hands.

I went right before a hurricane one time and it was practically empty. Road space mountain three times in a row and was in line a total of about 15 minutes.

we home Schooled for a while and took vacation at Disney/universal two weeks after public school started back. Had the run of the places. You could Literally get off a ride and run back to the front and get right back on.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Me and my wife are heading to Portugal and Morocco in about a week.
Don’t know if that is the right thing to do but I’m on old man and there is a lot of this world I’ve not seen yet.

I've been eyeing a similar type of trip - report back how it goes!

Get in the habit of washing your hands.
And learn how to wash your hands properly. Soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds (you should be able to sing the Happy Birthday song twice). Also, once you've washed your hands, don't use them to turn off the same faucet you (and everybody else) just touched with your unwashed hands. Use a paper towel.

I'm not a germophobe. On the other hand, people are friggin disgusting. I never touch anything in a public bathroom with my hands. I use my foot or elbow to flush toilets, turn the water off/on, etc. Then I use a paper towel to turn off the water and open the door. If they only have hand driers, I improvise with a sleeve or something else.

C64xD9pUwAECzRg.jpg

I’m not worried it will harm me. I am worried I might spread it to someone vulnerable though.
Yeah, I told my mom it was only killing people over 70 and she was like, "Um, hello?!" LOL. She didn't let me finish. Most of the people who are dying are not only older but also have underlying medical conditions like we've already talked about here.

Reactions: Heelicious
Still wanna make that bet? ;)

A lot has changed since that day.

If you were predicting the Coronavirus was coming then shit man, what's the lotto tonight?

I think I said, and if I didn't I should have, barring some natural/biological disaster. Different ballgame when we have countries quarantining 16 million people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT