ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

No, I just said it was open. No complaint there. Sorry to offend you, woman.

Don't be obtuse, you f**kin bitchass.

You implied that the southern border still being 'open' is a problem compared to high risk countries like China, Korea, and Italy without any context which was completely derived from the sole tiny rock rolling inside your head.

I'm not offended or outraged for some dumb SJW reason. I'm pissed because ignorant f**ks like you are the primary drivers of misinformation in this country, including this virus.

Reactions: strummingram
Love you too, sweetheart! I must have caught you on your period. Deepest apologies!

Yeah for everyone on here still trying to downplay this...stop doing so.
I was watching this earlier. That was VERY informative! was going to share it, but I saw it already here. Good job!

If anything, it makes you aware of how linked-up we all are and we'd better start realizing that we all inhabit the SAME PLACE! We rely on China and India MORE than we rely on SC, TN, GA and VA!

I was watching this earlier. That was VERY informative! was going to share it, but I saw it already here. Good job!

If anything, it makes you aware of how linked-up we all are and we'd better start realizing that we all inhabit the SAME PLACE! We rely on China and India MORE than we rely on SC, TN, GA and VA!

It also makes you realize that as horrible as it sounds, there’s almost no way to contain this. And in an age of social media and misinformation, it’s causing a lot of panic.

The key is to mitigate this. Keep the hospitals from being overworked and protecting the health professionals. This will probably get worse better it gets better. This weekend I’m stocking up just in case this starts spreading in Boston and I need to isolate for awhile.

It also makes you realize that as horrible as it sounds, there’s almost no way to contain this. And in an age of social media and misinformation, it’s causing a lot of panic.

The key is to mitigate this. Keep the hospitals from being overworked and protecting the health professionals. This will probably get worse better it gets better. This weekend I’m stocking up just in case this starts spreading in Boston and I need to isolate for awhile.
Yeah... I was thinking that this is the first one has hit at our current peak of social media consumption and exposure and reaction. It's all people talk about.

I can honestly say that I never paid ANY attention to the H1N1, or SARS or any Swine Flu, or ANY "epidemic" virus that has ever occurred in my lifetime. I was just tuned-out to them, seriously. It wasn't even intentional, either. I have vague recollections of them at best. I just knew the SARS thing was back around 2002/3-ish because of South Park's parody! But, I never got sick. I never even worried about getting sick!

It's definitely going to get worse before it gets better. I guess we'll find out how bad in the next 6 months! Yay!

Yeah... I was thinking that this is the first one has hit at our current peak of social media consumption and exposure and reaction. It's all people talk about.

I can honestly say that I never paid ANY attention to the H1N1, or SARS or any Swine Flu, or ANY "epidemic" virus that has ever occurred in my lifetime. I was just tuned-out to them, seriously. It wasn't even intentional, either. I have vague recollections of them at best. I just knew the SARS thing was back around 2002/3-ish because of South Park's parody! But, I never got sick. I never even worried about getting sick!

It's definitely going to get worse before it gets better. I guess we'll find out how bad in the next 6 months! Yay!

You really think it’ll take 6 months for this to subside?

You don't think a virus with a CFR of 2.2 to 3.1 that has a n0 estimated of 2.6 to 6.1 that can reinfect, cause lasting damage even if you recover, can spread when asymptomatic, can incubate for up to 27 days, and possibly can spread via airborne droplets as well as contact will rise to the level of a .1 CFR flu that we have vaccines for some strains of?

You are dreaming. The only chance was to contain it from the start. Containment has broken. If Japan doesn't cancel the Olympics this year it would be astronomically insane.

Its pitiful honestly. It today's media, straight up honest information can't be transmitted. To much speculation. Doom and gloom reports fuel toilet paper shortages, and what ever else the herd may think will save them. If it's honestly no worse than the flu, the brace for that. Keep nursing homes monitored. Take care of infants and those already sick. If you get it, stay home and your family. But all in all, continue to live.
But all we focus on is politicizing this event. How the sports world is reacting.
So it sets people back for a while, big deal. Its here, deal with it. It's not a plague level event. It can be prevented with good hygiene. Someone will develop another vaccine and all will be well. On the the next catastrophe!!

You really think it’ll take 6 months for this to subside?

Doctors have even said in the summer it's going to basically go away with the warm weather, kinda like the flu.

They do predict it will come back this fall but hopefully by then we have better testing/prevention in place then a vaccine next year.

You "stocking up" is being part of the problem of pointless hysteria. You're a young and I'm assuming healthy human being. Live your life, wash your hands, and if you feel sick then you stay inside.

It's that simple.

Even trying to be reasonable and keep everything in perspective, I do find myself being VERY aware anytime I hear someone coughing in the office, and wanting to see if they are covering their mouth. :eek:
I have a coworker who must have a chronic respiratory problem because she's hacking up a lung every January through March. This happens every single year. This year she's definitely getting the side eye.

Even trying to be reasonable and keep everything in perspective, I do find myself being VERY aware anytime I hear someone coughing in the office, and wanting to see if they are covering their mouth. :eek:

I have a coworker who must have a chronic respiratory problem because she's hacking up a lung every January through March. This happens every single year. This year she's definitely getting the side eye.

was at whole foods this morning and shoppers are wearing masks...it’s a bit unnerving, to be honest...i probably forgot something racing to checkout.

i was at grocery store earlier, the lines were long and i didnt have time to wait so i started coughing, hacking and quietly groaning ... had a self check out register to myself in under 10 seconds!!
ms-eM7cz1.gif

i was at grocery store earlier, the lines were long and i didnt have time to wait so i started coughing, hacking and quietly groaning ... had a self check out register to myself in under 10 seconds!!

only in some communities can you get away with that.

Doctors have even said in the summer it's going to basically go away with the warm weather, kinda like the flu.

They do predict it will come back this fall but hopefully by then we have better testing/prevention in place then a vaccine next year.

You "stocking up" is being part of the problem of pointless hysteria. You're a young and I'm assuming healthy human being. Live your life, wash your hands, and if you feel sick then you stay inside.

It's that simple.
What doctors are saying that?

Anyone dumb enough to say this is just the flu.

This is the CFR

https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/20860.jpeg

The CFR of the flu is .1% in total. This is more infectious and much more deadly. Get your head out of your ass.
A study from a country that withheld info and would not ask for help. I think everyone knows it is more harmful if you have preexisting conditions, young and old age factor, or just bad luck. When our CDC announces the same stats then it will be more believable. It's bad, but hard mentality is making it worse. Plus the Dems are making it to be more than it is to tank trump's economy:cool::cool::eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlejon
Wow... I just went out into my workshop and realized I have a a mother lode in there!

I found 3 of these that I use for my aging/relic work on wooden guitar bodies!
3mtm-particulate-respirator-8247-r95.jpg

and two of these:

6899.jpg

I feel safer now... and the toilet paper I bought. They're selling for $119 each on Amazon! Glad I kept them!

Wow... I just went out into my workshop and realized I have a a mother lode in there!

I found 3 of these that I use for my aging/relic work on wooden guitar bodies!
3mtm-particulate-respirator-8247-r95.jpg

and two of these:

6899.jpg

I feel safer now... and the toilet paper I bought. They're selling for $119 each on Amazon! Glad I kept them!
Cash in on them dude

Reactions: Raising Heel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT