ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus

If you were predicting the Coronavirus was coming then shit man, what's the lotto tonight?

I think I said, and if I didn't I should have, barring some natural/biological disaster. Different ballgame when we have countries quarantining 16 million people.
Noooo... it was the economic situation on the Popcorn thread. 56%, was a number you quoted, I can't even remember exactly. I was being facetious anyway.

Reactions: dadika13
I dunno - seems like there are two options:

1) everyone calm TF down and learn the facts about coronavirus in comparison to other viruses (common flu), and other risks each person faces daily. Also, do the common sense things listed at the end of this article.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/08/coron...peak-and-start-falling-sooner-than-you-think/

2) (most common current state) freak out into "we're all going to die" hysteria / frenzy. This actually is the only thing that risks doing long term damage to a significant number of people's lives.

To each their own, though...

I dunno - seems like there are two options:

1) everyone calm TF down and learn the facts about coronavirus in comparison to other viruses (common flu), and other risks each person faces daily. Also, do the common sense things listed at the end of this article.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/08/coron...peak-and-start-falling-sooner-than-you-think/

2) (most common current state) freak out into "we're all going to die" hysteria / frenzy. This actually is the only thing that risks doing long term damage to a significant number of people's lives.

To each their own, though...
This virus scare was just a catalyst. I agree with what you said. I, personally, have no worry at all about getting the virus. And, the virus scare, and its "death toll", will eventually run its course and subside. But, it's creating a shit-storm beyond just the virus.

Reactions: Heelicious
One thing this has shown me is that if there were a legitimate pandemic involving a virus or disease truly deadly, much deadlier than say the flu, the panic would be incredible and we would be woefully unprepared for it.
Yeah, we are going to be screwed when the zombie apocalypse starts.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
so two weeks ago i bought wwe raw tickets for april 20th here in cola...it’s the one that’s live on tv...kids love going and it’s kinda entertaining...i also bought the insurance for the four tix at $38 because in the back of head i was thinking about this shit, and i never purchase trip insurance, etc.

lol, would you people go to this type of event?...it’s not close quarters, but it’s also the types of events they are warning the public about.

so two weeks ago i bought wwe raw tickets for april 20th here in cola...it’s the one that’s live on tv...kids love going and it’s kinda entertaining...i also bought the insurance for the four tix at $38 because in the back of head i was thinking about this shit, and i never purchase trip insurance, etc.

lol, would you people go to this type of event?...it’s not close quarters, but it’s also the types of events they are warning the public about.
I'd go and move to the front row since no one will be there.

Reactions: gteeitup
One thing this has shown me is that if there were a legitimate pandemic involving a virus or disease truly deadly, much deadlier than say the flu, the panic would be incredible and we would be woefully unprepared for it.
This is true....
but look on the bright side.....
the media and especially social media is filled with instant health and pandemic experts.....
who are rational, objective, and only reports facts and context and what is helpful in combatting the virus....
just think how much irrational panic, hysteria, damage there would be to the economy and to people's lives if the media and social media members acted and reported in an irresponsible, sensationalistic, opportunistic manner....
then we might really be screwed.
;)

The really good ones work that way. The human race doesn't know what the hell hit until it's too late and long gone.

Coincidentally I was watching this back when I had the flu right after Christmas. It's an interesting documentary.

It's amazing how largely forgotten that pandemic was. My grandfather remembers having two uncles that died and they were in their early thirties

Apparently, Italy is really experiencing some very difficult conditions. I've seen some tweets from healthcare workers who are describing some pretty terrible scenarios. Lack of ventilators, lots of pneumonia cases. I don't know what is causing the more virulent circumstances, exactly.

I was scheduled to go to a conference in Winston on Friday but they announced yesterday that they are rescheduling until June. Apparently, many people were wanting refunds and weren't going to attend.

Apparently, Italy is really experiencing some very difficult conditions. I've seen some tweets from healthcare workers who are describing some pretty terrible scenarios. Lack of ventilators, lots of pneumonia cases. I don't know what is causing the more virulent circumstances, exactly.

i don’t know how legitimate this is, but reportedly there are roughly only 60,000 known ventilators in the world...does that sound right?

also, have you seen the pictures of china since they shut down parts of cities?...there’s like no pollution, you can actually see.

Reactions: Heelicious
i don’t know how legitimate this is, but reportedly there are roughly only 60,000 known ventilators in the world...does that sound right?

also, have you seen the pictures of china since they shut down parts of cities?...there’s like no pollution, you can actually see.
I have no idea about the ventilators. I just saw some tweets from, allegedly, an Italian healthcare worker that was trying to convey the seriousness of what they're dealing with.

I know nothing of ventilators... when I see the word, I think of:

Reactions: TarHeelMark
WTF?! Let's not overreact or anything..... wow.
Not really an overreaction. The CDC has recommended that people at high risk should avoid large gatherings. That's going to kneecap attendance for all sorts of activities. There have already been dozens of cancellations of sporting events, music festivals, conferences, and even movie releases in the U.S. I wouldn't be surprised if it impacts the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

Not really an overreaction. The CDC has recommended that people at high risk should avoid large gatherings. That's going to kneecap attendance for all sorts of activities. There have already been dozens of cancellations of sporting events, music festivals, conferences, and even movie releases in the U.S. I wouldn't be surprised if it impacts the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

not wrasslin though...:eek:

Most airlines now voluntarily cancelling flights to Italy, China and N Korea. I suspect the Government at some point will cancel all inbound flights from these locations. Good news is the southern border is still open!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT