ADVERTISEMENT

Curious read, Roy hot?

Per Adrian Atkinson on IC, we set season highs in deflections and floor burns.

Effort was high. Size, athleticism, and skill were lacking.

This. As fans, it protects our collective egos to point the finger at things like "heart" and "effort"
And maybe even the refs..when the reality is michigan st just had more talent and unc added to that gap by not playing well. The effort was certainly there.

I will remind folks of one of the best movies of all time "It's A Wonderful Life". It's shown many times during the Holiday season.

I will remind folks of one of the best movies of all time "It's A Wonderful Life". It's shown many times during the Holiday season.

And we’ve officially made the full circuit of 5 stages of grief with the loss. Acceptance. Which is good since WE PLAYIN AGAIN TONIGHT.

Roy said he would go over the film with the team and discuss what they need to do better but he wouldn’t be too hard on them. I think the effort was okay but we had an extremely bad shooting game against a team with more pure talent. Every 3-4 years, Izzo puts together a really good team. This is such a team.

No time to dwell on it, learn and move on.

Roy said he would go over the film with the team and discuss what they need to do better but he wouldn’t be too hard on them. I think the effort was okay but we had an extremely bad shooting game against a team with more pure talent. Every 3-4 years, Izzo puts together a really good team. This is such a team.

No time to dwell on it, learn and move on.

For once, we are in agreement. Michigan is and should be the focus.

Reactions: mikeirbyusa

Alas, I wonder if john wooden watched this classic along with gone with the wind in the offseason, mining them for inspirational quotes to feed to his legendary golden bruins.

John Wooden didn't have the competition he would have now so he didn't have to worry about it.UCLA was head and shoulders above everyone else.That streak of consecutive titles will never be broken.

Our overall effort level was excellent. There's no reason for punishment.
By Roys own admission adding the Stanford game in was a bit much.
i still say fatigue was a huge factor against the Spartans and that’s why I doubt Roy will go crazy on the team physically.... now as for viewing game tape and working on correcting mistakes, I’d say he’ll approach that with more vigour but there’s no point taking tired players and running them into the ground.

i still say fatigue was a huge factor against the Spartans and that’s why I doubt Roy will go crazy on the team physically.... now as for viewing game tape and working on correcting mistakes, I’d say he’ll approach that with more vigour but there’s no point taking tired players and running them into the ground.

From a pragmatic point of view it would be unwise for Roy to have them breaking their backs doing suicides only three days before another P5 opponent. So I doubt he did anything like that

OK, I will bow to collective wisdom, lol!

Maybe I should have said effective effort, but I still think we lacked heart. I don't celebrate getting a floor burn chasing after a ball you just let fall loosely from your own hands or trying to chase down a rebound of a layup you just air-balled! (although i do value hustling to correct mistakes) Fatigue can sap the strongest man, and I love how we bounced back last night!

Roy chose the perfect balance of fussing/nurturing and our leaders responded well also!

Great teaching moment against MSU and Great win at Michigan!

Reactions: JuleZ '02 HEEL
John Wooden didn't have the competition he would have now so he didn't have to worry about it.UCLA was head and shoulders above everyone else.That streak of consecutive titles will never be broken.

The Bruins got LUCKY in 1970. The best in the land (IMHO) was St. Bonaventure. The Bonnies lost their best player (Bob Lanier) in the Regional finals. Sidney Wicks would NOT have punked Lanier (as he did Artis Gilmore).

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
This site devolves on most every topic.
It is the same few participants. The behaviors of those few are tiresome.
Some people on this site need to stop the endless bickering over insignificant issues.
Besides, I'm tired of the malware popping up through this site.

See ya less often! :eek:
Ive been trolling and poasting on here for the better part of 15 years(plus or minus a few years)and never not once have I had any form of malware or spyware or even an annoying pop up come up because of the site. May want to get adaware or spybot and get rid of the malware that is causing this, because i am pretty sure it isnt this site.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT