ADVERTISEMENT

Does anything about this story make sense?

Reading all the stories from the online detectives is quite entertaining. Some think the last text message about Stan was referring to an Eminem song about this fan that killed his pregnant girlfriend and that Gabby was pregnant.

The picture has been painted for me. My summary is this:

This dude was in an often toxic relationship with a girl that had some emotional issues - or at least was a very heavy and draining personality; tough to digest. I think her desire to be some big influencer ruled her and she attempted to construct her relationship in a manner that suited some online presence she was trying to create. They got in an argument (for the umpteenth time), dude snapped, hit her with a rock just to shut her the f*ck up and accidentally killed her. He freaked out, has partially lost his own mind now and is on the run. He'll be found dead somewhere and this story never offers the public any closure after they beat it into our heads for what will be the better part of a month.

This dude was in an often toxic relationship with a girl that had some emotional issues - or at least was a very heavy and draining personality; tough to digest. I think her desire to be some big influencer ruled her and she attempted to construct her relationship in a manner that suited some online presence she was trying to create. They got in an argument (for the umpteenth time), dude snapped, hit her with a rock just to shut her the f*ck up and accidentally killed her. He freaked out, has partially lost his own mind now and is on the run. He'll be found dead somewhere and this story never offers the public any closure after they beat it into our heads for what will be the better part of a month.

I can see this being exactly what happened/will happen. I also lean toward the guy has been on the run for longer than people (parents and/or police) are letting on.. maybe 2 weeks.. so he has a good head start and may be years before he is caught.

good summary. And my gut feeling is they will end up blaming him for her demise. Guys never catch a break in these kind of deals.

good summary. And my gut feeling is they will end up blaming him for her demise. Guys never catch a break in these kind of deals.

Well, if he did indeed kill her, I don't care what they blame him for. If he didn't, and she happened to die by some freak accident that he didn't have a part in and only ran because he was scared...well, then you might be right. And he's fu*cked anyway.

Well, if he did indeed kill her, I don't care what they blame him for. If he didn't, and she happened to die by some freak accident that he didn't have a part in and only ran because he was scared...well, then you might be right. And he's fu*cked anyway.
I'll let you in on secret, but don't tell anybody. It was tongue in cheek about him getting the blame like it would be some sort of raw deal for him. Because you know, the perp is actually the victim anymore.

I'll let you in on secret, but don't tell anybody. It was tongue in cheek about him getting the blame like it would be some sort of raw deal for him. Because you know, the perp is actually the victim anymore.

No, I got it. I guess I'm just too damn wrapped up in this story. I went from really wanting to know what went on to now feeling embarrassed the way the media has pushed this story. I don't agree with Joy Reid's "missing white girl" media theory but I will agree that we are being beaten over the head with this missing persons story while there are thousands of kids missing everyday. It seems odd the way the media has latched onto this story and is pumping it full of lifeblood.

No, I got it. I guess I'm just too damn wrapped up in this story. I went from really wanting to know what went on to now feeling embarrassed the way the media has pushed this story. I don't agree with Joy Reid's "missing white girl" media theory but I will agree that we are being beaten over the head with this missing persons story while there are thousands of kids missing everyday. It seems odd the way the media has latched onto this story and is pumping it full of lifeblood.
yep, that's how they operate. If there's even a hint of feedback that the rabble is interested, they'll blow it up and then ride it for all it's worth. They'll squeeze that lemon beyond all recognition and then use what's left to make weak-ass lemonade.

It's crazy that they'll make a big hairy deal out of some particular character's demise or disappearance while everyday, there are a thousand other situations that are no less tragic.

A lady who used to work for me at the time of the Towers coming down had a cousin whose husband got killed in a head-on collision, leaving her and three kids without even the meager income he brought in. No insurance of course. She was understandably outraged by the daily dose of those poor Tower victim's families and the pity-based and often superfluous compensation they were to be getting, while nobody gave a damn about the plight of her far more tragic cousin who was between a rock and a hard place even before the husband got killed. As much as I was outraged about the Towers, I was outraged at the insanity of the inequity of it all with her.

I just hope we never have another Princess Diana, and I'm talking before she bought the farm, as well as after. For it seems like forever, you couldn't check out the Weather Channel or Bugs Bunny without her name and countenance being stuck in your face. And what was so ridiculous about it was that she had nothing to do with any of us. I was so sick of her that...well I won't say it but you know what I mean.

I guess it's pretty hard for most people to ignore these juicy stories, but I have been so disgusted with the routinely half-assed reporting that they call the news anymore, that I find it easy to refuse to watch or read any of it. Thankfully, I can always rely on this board for the straight poop.

Reactions: Grayhead
I read last year there were over 500k missing persons (going by police reports) That’s insane.

yep, that's how they operate. If there's even a hint of feedback that the rabble is interested, they'll blow it up and then ride it for all it's worth. They'll squeeze that lemon beyond all recognition and then use what's left to make weak-ass lemonade.

It's crazy that they'll make a big hairy deal out of some particular character's demise or disappearance while everyday, there are a thousand other situations that are no less tragic.

A lady who used to work for me at the time of the Towers coming down had a cousin whose husband got killed in a head-on collision, leaving her and three kids without even the meager income he brought in. No insurance of course. She was understandably outraged by the daily dose of those poor Tower victim's families and the pity-based and often superfluous compensation they were to be getting, while nobody gave a damn about the plight of her far more tragic cousin who was between a rock and a hard place even before the husband got killed. As much as I was outraged about the Towers, I was outraged at the insanity of the inequity of it all with her.

I just hope we never have another Princess Diana, and I'm talking before she bought the farm, as well as after. For it seems like forever, you couldn't check out the Weather Channel or Bugs Bunny without her name and countenance being stuck in your face. And what was so ridiculous about it was that she had nothing to do with any of us. I was so sick of her that...well I won't say it but you know what I mean.

I guess it's pretty hard for most people to ignore these juicy stories, but I have been so disgusted with the routinely half-assed reporting that they call the news anymore, that I find it easy to refuse to watch or read any of it. Thankfully, I can always rely on this board for the straight poop.
A kind of sort of related thing…women with lung cancer…there’s more women die of lung cancer than breast cancer. Yet breast cancer gets all the attention and funding and so on and the sufferers have a vast more amount of resources to pull from in terms of financial aid and such.

Reactions: bluetoe
A kind of sort of related thing…women with lung cancer…there’s more women die of lung cancer than breast cancer. Yet breast cancer gets all the attention and funding and so on and the sufferers have a vast more amount of resources to pull from in terms of financial aid and such.
good example, I didn't know that.

Here's the youtube channel if anybody wanted to see the kind of stuff they were doing. Only ever posted one video.

That's because breast cancer groups are better at marketing. That's really all it's about. The best fundraiser wins and they have been great at it.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Well I found the story interesting because several things seemed odd to me. Didn't mean to make it seem more important than other missing people cases. Last post on the thread.

Well I found the story interesting because several things seemed odd to me. Didn't mean to make it seem more important than other missing people cases. Last post on the thread.
What I find very interesting is that the interest generated had internet sleuths pouring over videos and one noticed their van in one. She notified police, they searched, and that’s how they found the body.

I don’t think anyone is pissed at anyone else for paying attention. I just think this particular case and the way it’s been covered have caused a lot of emotions and reactions. I know it has for me.

What I find very interesting is that the interest generated had internet sleuths pouring over videos and one noticed their van in one. She notified police, they searched, and that’s how they found the body.

The internet is full of crazy people who also happen to be extremely resourceful. You ever read about the Shia Lebeouf story? A bunch of 4chan users tracked down a flag he had put up as a protest based on flight patterns and star constellations in the background of the video...

Ho-leee-fuk just realized that we have met the girl numerous times. She was a hostess at a local restaurant here in Wilmington we go to a lot called smoke on the water. We met there for my sons birthday last year or maybe longer and she noticed his conversion van and we all started talking about their upcoming trip in theirs. Talked to her a couple more times after that when we came to eat or for drinks. We had no idea and last night we’re watching the news and they interviewed the manager about her time there.

Last edited:
Ho-leee-fuk just realized that we have met the girl numerous times. She was a hostess at a local restaurant here in Wilmington we go to a lot called smoke on the water. We met there for my sons birthday last year and she noticed his conversion van and we all started talking about their upcoming trip in theirs. Talked to her a couple more times after that when we came to eat or for drinks. We had no idea and last night we’re watching the news and they interviewed the manager about her time there.
CraftyRightBudgie-size_restricted.gif

It gets creepier, my son who never watches the news was totally clueless about the story. I talked to him this morning about meeting her and so on and he says she started following them on Instagram after meeting at the restaurant and commented on his videos several times.

• Wow
Reactions: gteeitup
Ho-leee-fuk just realized that we have met the girl numerous times. She was a hostess at a local restaurant here in Wilmington we go to a lot called smoke on the water. We met there for my sons birthday last year or maybe longer and she noticed his conversion van and we all started talking about their upcoming trip in theirs. Talked to her a couple more times after that when we came to eat or for drinks. We had no idea and last night we’re watching the news and they interviewed the manager about her time there.
Another suspect emerges...

It gets creepier, my son who never watches the news was totally clueless about the story. I talked to him this morning about meeting her and so on and he says she started following them on Instagram after meeting at the restaurant and commented on his videos several times.
FC2t.gif

dude, I hope you didn't take anything I said to be aimed at you. This was a much better than average thread and there was no reason to not start it. My remarks were generalizations regarding the media, and you picked up on the story after the media had made it more important...and truth be told, it is a more intriguing case than the usual.

You done good, IMO.

In yet another bizarre twist to this case the missing guys parents went to search for him today in the nature reserve that’s been searched by authorities for two months and evidently went straight to where his remains were found

In yet another bizarre twist to this case the missing guys parents went to search for him today in the nature reserve that’s been searched by authorities for two months and evidently went straight to where his remains were found
ever notice you always seem to find remains in the last place you look?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT