ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs UNC game thread on: Saturday 7 March 2015

Berry's pass to Paige looked like a typical frshman mistake. Tyus Jones, on the other hand, plays just like Bobby Hurley: he enetred playing with the clam smarts of a senior.

Roy desperatley needs guards who play much more like Jones and Cook: nail 3s and FTs and take care of the ball.

Originally posted by WoadBlue:
Berry's pass to Paige looked like a typical frshman mistake. Tyus Jones, on the other hand, plays just like Bobby Hurley: he enetred playing with the clam smarts of a senior.

Roy desperatley needs guards who play much more like Jones and Cook: nail 3s and FTs and take care of the ball.
Lol got to them on campus first. Not sure Chapel Hill is all that enticing at the moment...

Originally posted by GoNtheDistance:
When we Need a shot, Roy might as well say hey guys everybody stand around and wait on Marcus. Our execution is less than desirable.
Roy recruits and practices to have the fast break, all the time. That means we likely won't have the best collection of half court offense talent, Nor will we have the time in practice to master half court offense.

Berry did not play well in Durham either. Hopefully he can improve against them next year.

I'm sick of Bilas's gloating... I have to admit, better than the last broadcast.

As I said before, the refs didn't cost us this game, but they sure make it harder to watch.

Dook is the better team. They have a much better back court and Okafor pretty much had his way with Meeks and James. K had a plan to keep Marcus in check and pretty much dare us to beat them with anyone else and twice we didn't do it.

They don't have the depth we do, but they have better players.

Still, anyone who says the ACC refs are anything but pathetic is an idiot. And as "bad" as some of their calls were on them, they were twice as bad on us and I am just sick of it. It can't be that hard to find guys who can call a game right.

Oh well, time for the ACC tourney. IF we make it past Louisville, I am not sure we will make it to Saturday, but who knows?

Realistically, unless we step it up big time we are looking at a possible sweet 16 trip this year and even that might be a stretch the way we have fallen apart the last few weeks. I hope I am wrong and that we can make a deep run, but my confidence in this team isn't what it was a month ago.

This post was edited on 3/7 11:21 PM by Littlejon

we got 2 more victories left in us guys..1 acc tourney..1 NCAA!!..first time I can say that I can wait till next season..gonna be the same thing..if I was Brice I would leave!!

Lo-lo basketball IQ! We just seem to never value the ball for 40 minutes. Silly lapses really cost us!

What a complete bust Berry has been. Cant believe people thought we were getting the better player between Berry and Jones

Originally posted by Bur-Heel:

we got 2 more victories left in us guys..1 acc tourney..1 NCAA!!..first time I can say that I can wait till next season..gonna be the same thing..if I was Brice I would leave!!
That's better than your prediction that we wouldn't win any of the last three games and we went 2-1 in those.

Really wish Tokoto would learn from his mistakes he makes over and over and over again. He is too loose with the basketball and is not a good mid range jump shooter. Does he not see film? Huge turning point in game when UNC was down 4 or 5 he drove baseline and got caught in the air and made a horrible pass that lead to a 3. Until his basketball IQ goes up he will continue to hurt UNC in crucial moments. Coaching him must be a nightmare.

Originally posted by thaUNCshow:
What a complete bust Berry has been. Cant believe people thought we were getting the better player between Berry and Jones
Really? I think for the playing time he got, and the injuries he struggled with, he did okay in the regular season for a freshman. I think he will get a lot better, too.

Originally posted by strummingram:

That's better than your prediction that we wouldn't win any of the last three games and we went 2-1 in those.
If only the season was 3 games long, right?

rolleyes.r191677.gif

damn..Meeks with 2 points!!
...and Pinson and Berry with 0. Granted Pinson is just back, but if you tell me going forward, we get nothing from them, and that Joel James scores as many as Meeks, I'm pretty sure we're one (or two) and done, in each of the next two tourneys.

Originally posted by RoseHeel:
We most likely weren't going to get any of them, regardless.

But hey, we got Maye!
Why the heck not! If I'm a real player I'd come get me a starting job!

Rose..you better go back and check my quotes before you start putting words in my mouth!!..i said there was a chance that we could lose the rest of our games..chance being the key word here!!

rolleyes.r191677.gif
dook is just a much better team this year. I was shocked UNC made the first game as close as it was, honestly. I didn't expect UNC to win tonight, but I thought we had a chance. We don't have the same talent that dook has right now. I think this dook team could win it all. I think Kentucky will win it all, but dook could give'em a good game. This was never going to be UNC's year anyway.

Next season, if everyone stays, we'll have a better chance.

Rose..you better go back and check my quotes before you start putting words in my mouth!!..i said there was a chance that we could lose the rest of our games..chance being the key word here!!
You're mistaking me for strummingham. I agree with everything you've said.

Marcus needs to call another team meeting before the tourney and call Meeks out for bitching out when he faces any opposition. He literally has shit himself twice against Dook.

Originally posted by thaUNCshow:
Really? I think for the playing time he got, and the injuries he struggled with, he did okay in the regular season for a freshman. I think he will get a lot better, too.
Wasnt expecting him to come in and have a Ty Lawson or Kendall Marshall impact right away, but averaging 3 points and 1 assist as a 5 start recruit is pretty bad. Not like he's playing behind a Ty Lawson or Kendall Marshall either

rolleyes.r191677.gif
dook is just a much better team this year. I was shocked UNC made the first game as close as it was, honestly. I didn't expect UNC to win tonight, but I thought we had a chance. We don't have the same talent that dook has right now. I think this dook team could win it all. I think Kentucky will win it all, but dook could give'em a good game. This was never going to be UNC's year anyway.

I understand that. But we've been saying "if x does y" for quite a few years. But the real question is when will that happen?

Not sure, it's possible we win 1 maybe 2 in the ACC T, 2 in the NCAA T.
No doubt, hope I miss the mark on this one and we get further...

I was glad to see Roy take up for them tonight. He got after the refs a few times tonight instead of his usual arms crossed, shake his head and go sit down he does most of the time. There was some horrible calls tonight but they just plain got out played for the most part.

UNC has lost 10 games in three consecutive season for only the second time in 60 years. They must recruit better.

Sorry rose..my mistake..I'm so pissed right now..can't even tell who's posting!!
Yeah, it was me who called you out.

Your post from the end of the NCSU game thread:

"Originally posted by Bur-Heel:

well,there goes the season..or whatever one we even had!!"

Why is it that other teams 4 and 5 star recruits seems to have breakout years out of the gate while our 4 and 5 star freshman look like the little brother you were forced to bring to the park to play.

rolleyes.r191677.gif

I understand that. But we've been saying "if x does y" for quite a few years. But the real question is when will that happen?
Well, I don't think Roy is ever going to outcoach Rat the rest of Rat's career. And until the "academic scandal" stuff clears, Roy can work twice as hard as any coach at recruiting, and still not land the top recruits. That's what's most frustrating. Its not like we're not trying to land the right guys.

Originally posted by GoNtheDistance:
Why is it that other teams 4 and 5 star recruits seems to have breakout years out of the gate while our 4 and 5 star freshman look like the little brother you were forced to bring to the park to play.
That is a great question. However, you must leave out BJ and MP on this argument...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT