ADVERTISEMENT

FSU at UNC game thread—-Saturday 2 December 2023

Bacot another block and he is definitely the minister of defense today. People who have often loved to call him soft are gagging on some serious crow right now…And also the many who say Coach Davis is over his head when it comes to Coaching are also very quiet after the Coach took Ryan out in favor of three FAST AND QUICK guards and then put in the press that turned the whole game around. Meanwhile a Cadeau ft and Green ft 70-57

I'm not sure this is the most fair statement, you want to disregard the year and a half of bad decisions and lackluster coaching at times, and replace them with a couple of good games. IMO it's to early to make a call in either direction.

With that said it's trending in the right direction so far this year.

Reactions: Heelicious
Right. Take away that rj clutch 3 and they’d be in serious trouble of coughing up a 13 point lead in 4 minutes.
Coach Smith used to tell me that you can’t melt a shot clock. I understand working it around for a good shot and try to burn time but to sit there with 4 plus minutes and dribble the ball and throw up prayer shots is ridiculous. Everytime we start to do this I just roll my eyes and say not again!

Coach Smith used to tell me that you can’t melt a shot clock. I understand working it around for a good shot and try to burn time but to sit there with 4 plus minutes and dribble the ball and throw up prayer shots is ridiculous. Everytime we start to do this I just roll my eyes and say not again!
They had a good look, and dumped into Bacot instead and he got stipped early. Then after a decent look Ingram got the rebound and to me inexcusably did not kick it out and forced it up.

I agree, you cannot lose all aggression, but any of the 3 plays including Rj's 3 locks it if you used the clock, going early leaves the door ajar much more. Got to be able to use clock up 12 and 4 left and execute late in the clock.

They had a good look, and dumped into Bacot instead and he got stipped early. Then after a decent look Ingram got the rebound and to me inexcusably did not kick it out and forced it up.

I agree, you cannot lose all aggression, but any of the 3 plays including Rj's 3 locks it if you used the clock, going early leaves the door ajar much more. Got to be able to use clock up 12 and 4 left and execute late in the clock.
Imo we need to work the ball while looking for a good shot as opposed to dribbling the ball near half court and throw up a prayer of a shot. I agree with you 100% because I said the exact same thing when Ingram got that offensive rebound. Lol, I thought he should have taken the ball back out to work some more clock while using our offensive sets. We need to keep working the defense. We have too many experienced players that should know situational basketball. I love Bacot. I know his limitations but I also know what he brings to us on and off the court. However, not being able to recognize a triple team and getting stripped for a break away layup is inexcusable. As a graduate Senior and a veteran player that should have been easily recognizable and he should have just kicked it back out and reset and repost. Bacot vs Iowa St last year when we were up 7 points with 3 and a half minutes to go he had 4 straight turnovers during that last 3 and a half minutes. Those are things that elite players and elite teams just don’t do. They don’t beat themselves. IMO Bacot, Cormac (once he gets going), Ingram and especially RJ are going to have their best seasons ever this year in large part to EC. EC is going to take so much pressure off of everyone else. We all know that Basketball is fast paced and bang, bang and mistakes are going to be made throughout games but we just have to minimize these plays as much as possible and with a veteran group like this I just think they are going to get better and better. I am very concerned about Withers and Paxson. I thought both players would be a little more polished than this but I will say in defense of Paxson the kid is always hustling and trying and he hasn’t gotten much PT as of late. Going from a starter to playing 3 and 4 mins the last 2 games is a huge difference. As a starter he was averaging about half a game. I’m rambling, my bad. Lol

Reactions: dtodd4475
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT