ADVERTISEMENT

Got to give Caleb Hood some serious kudos

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
A new weapon showed up in south beach this past weekend for the offense and that was Caleb Hood who got a career high in rushing and also caught numerous passes out of the backfield to keep drives going.

Most of the comments have been about all of passing yardage Miami got but zero about the defense completely shutting down the Hurricane running attack and even less about the Career game that Hood had which just is not right.

I think several of us talked about Hood in the Game Thread. Let year he was still adjusting to playing RB. Now he looks comfortable. If everybody stays, the 2003 UNC RB room will be excellent.

From stud QB in high school to bruising running back in college. I had doubts about the move but glad to say he has proven me wrong.

Reactions: Archer2
I was sure that Hampton or Pettaway was going to be the starter. Is Pettaway injured?
No, he's played in 5 of the 6 games thus far. 69 on offense and 27 on special teams. Hampton is having a hard time with his vision right now as he gets the ball and puts his head down instead of being a little bit more patient and waiting for a lane. I'd like to see him a little more as he gives some lightening to the thunder of Hood/Hampton.

ETA: He might've played on special teams vs Miami but I haven't seen the updated special teams number for that game yet. But he didn't get a snap on O.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT