ADVERTISEMENT

Grayson Allen - Oops I've Done It Again(Suspended indefinitely)

Here are Dook's next games. Pick the one you expect to see Trip's return. (* = away)

• Virginia Tech*

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Georgia Tech

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Boston College

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Florida State*

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Louisville*

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Miami

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • NC State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wake Forest*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Notre Dame*

• He's gone for good.

• Total voters
He could have gone around the huddle. He definitely is an agitator. No real issue with this play in isolation as you see this kind of thing from time to time. He clearly doesn't really understand that he needs to avoid these situations, which is cool with me. The more bad press for them the better.

ONLY bad thing about his stock dropping is he will be back next season with more opportunities to injure someone. Of course, K could grow a set .......................................... nevermind!

I may be alone on this stance.......but as a Duke fan, I hope he moves on next year. I think his play & his antics have hurt us this year and really caused major distractions to a team that already has chemistry issues. I just think it's best for him and Duke to move on.

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
I may be alone on this stance.......but as a Duke fan, I hope he moves on next year. I think his play & his antics have hurt us this year and really caused major distractions to a team that already has chemistry issues. I just think it's best for him and Duke to move on.

Where to D league? Transfer?

Make room for Duval? I hope Trip comes back for an encore. K-Rat convinced him to come back for another year foregoing a first round selection. Might as well come back for another season. K-Rat may have to push Trip out if he wants Duval.

So, K and Duke talk him into returning, and foregoing a top 20 pick and multi millions of dollars, and now you're ready for him to move on when it's not beneficial to Duke? You do realize what you're saying, right? Allen will fall deep into the second round and destroy his potential earnings.

I think it's terrible and this will go heavily against Duke on the recruiting trail. OAD's don't like coaches that pressure them into returning only to cost them a fortune and send them on at the wrong time. That 2018 class is watching. Trust me.

Reactions: Ned Cota
So, K and Duke talk him into returning, and foregoing a top 20 pick and multi millions of dollars, and now you're ready for him to move on when it's not beneficial to Duke? You do realize what you're saying, right? Allen will fall deep into the second round and destroy his potential earnings.

I think it's terrible and this will go heavily against Duke on the recruiting trail. OAD's don't like coaches that pressure them into returning only to cost them a fortune and send them on at the wrong time. That 2018 class is watching. Trust me.

Do you think K really cares? You need a point guard and I doubt Duval is going to commit to Duke with Trent, Trip and Kennard on the same roster. If that happens, Trip is coming off the bench. Might not get to that....K will push Trip out if Duke gets Duval. As far as I'm concerned, I would love the distractions that Trip would bring next year..:)

Reactions: morgousky
Do you think K really cares? You need a point guard and I doubt Duval is going to commit to Duke with Trent, Trip and Kennard on the same roster. If that happens, Trip is coming off the bench. Might not get to that....K will push Trip out if Duke gets Duval. As far as I'm concerned, I would love the distractions that Trip would bring next year..:)

I think at this point in Dukes recruiting style, he has no choice but to care. If he wants the top 15, he must handle his draftees correctly. They are always paying attention to this sort of thing.

Personally, I know Rat doesn't care. But he better.

May not be a lot of my buds agree but I want to see him move on as well, love to see kennard move along with him. Seen to many duke seniors over the years to want any one of them to come back for senior seasons. I as well would love to see Giles, Tatum and Bolton go. Would not hurt my feelings at all to see them have to play with freshmen and rarely used sophs and not have that upper classman that can come in and right the ship with experienced leadership.

A bit off topic here, but some on this board have rightly said / showed how Grayson Allen looks very much like Ted Cruz.

Cruz actually got into a twitter debate with a Deadspin lady yesterday about whether he (Cruz) ever actually played basketball, or could dunk at some point (not sure how or why it came up). Ted Cruz actually posted a picture of Grayson Allen as his proof that he (Cruz) did indeed play basketball.

Whether or not you like Cruz, I thought the self-deprecation, poking fun at himself, and his wit was pretty funny. The Deadspin lady sort of went into meltdown mode about Cruz owning her so bad.

Yeah, that Deadspin stuff was pretty funny. I think Duke has a great chance with Duvall but I haven't heard anyone say they think he has a chance to qualify.

If he comes back some may not be interested in playing with him after this yr. They see what has happened to the preseason number 1 with 3 potential 1 and dones. Not saying he is the total cause but he is a big part of it. So if that is the case please come back next yr

Reactions: mikeirbyusa
Somebody is going to hurt Trip....He is a marked man..

Yeah, I only saw the last few minutes but that Wake dude hugging him from behind was weird.

Key is correct, so now he stomps on a ND players ankle/foot while he "holds" him at shoulder level, he's a sly one that Disgrayson, in real time hard to see but when slowed it is So very obvious.
Can they get a good rate on K's psych suite? A two fer...kid needs help.

Clearly intentional.....The guy is just sick.....

He will get nailed again before he end of the season and he should be suspended for the rest of the season.

No matter how it shakes out, the kid has provided some real entertainment for so many peeps! When former candidates for Pres know who you are, you have raised the bar for all other D Bags!

Key is correct, so now he stomps on a ND players ankle/foot while he "holds" him at shoulder level, he's a sly one that Disgrayson, in real time hard to see but when slowed it is So very obvious.
Can they get a good rate on K's psych suite? A two fer...kid needs help.
Gibbs leg/knee hit's Allen's leg from behind and pushes Allen's leg out. Allen did not try to trip Gibbs.

Reactions: GAAP
Strumming, from your clip it looks like they get mixed up under the basket then reappear baseline right where Disgrayson stomps the ND's players ankle/foot. Quite an unnatural "landing" in his motion.

You really think Allen didnt overdue it? What about his past proves to us he had no other intention
I really think his leg was reacting to Gibbs' leg going into his.

Hey, I'd love to see Allen trip someone else and get busted for it. But, this isn't malicious here.

Reactions: kwtarheel11
Strumming, from your clip it looks like they get mixed up under the basket then reappear baseline right where Disgrayson stomps the ND's players ankle/foot. Quite an unnatural "landing" in his motion.
You see what you wanna see, I guess. I see his leg reacting to Gibb's knee going into it.

I can't help that.

As much as some would like it to be a trip, it's not. I'm sure he'll deliver a legitimate trip if he's still prone to doing it.

But he can, and his "reactions" always look to be trying to hit the opposing player in some way shape or form. I watch a lot of basketball and dont notice these "reactions" from anyone else

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
Make room for Duval? I hope Trip comes back for an encore. K-Rat convinced him to come back for another year foregoing a first round selection. Might as well come back for another season. K-Rat may have to push Trip out if he wants Duval.

Another player who should've left while he was hot. Could've left after his freshman season. I understand coming back for his 2nd year, but not this 3rd year. Oh well, that is life when you play for a devil.

Reactions: UNCPJH81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT