ADVERTISEMENT

How important will Cadeau’s outside shooting be to the success of the team this year?

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Yes we all know Elliott is lighting quick, can slam over bigger opponents, and has incredible court vision which allows him to make Oscar Robertson type passes to teammates for easy scores but to me after seeing several of his games on ESPN this past year if he has any weakness it just my be his outside shooting ability and his choices of shots.

If Cadeau can become a zone buster this years team will be something special for sure.,Of course his chief job this season will be distributing the rock to teammates but if he can consistently rip the nets from downtown his head fakes and drives to the hole will be enhanced even more…

In a nutshell Carolina can go from a good team to a great team of Cadeau can prove himself from the outside to go with the rest of his game…

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
It depends how the dudes around him shoot it. If RJ, Cormac, Withers all shoot like 38%+ and Ingram improves a lot from 3, the necessity of Cadeau shooting it well isn't as important. If that happens, I think we'll be pretty good if he shoots it well or not.

However, I think the upside of this team is directly tied to Cadeau making 3's. Ty being a 40%+ shooter his junior year (plus Danny's shooting improving) helped make us nearly unstoppable. Would the 2005 team won the National Championship if Ray Felton didn't become a good 3PT shooter that season? Also, Coby White being a good shooter probably helped get a lot out of that team.

I don't see this team right now as a National Championship team. But, if you tell me we have 2 or 3 plus shooters and Cadeau is an additional one? Then my expectations change (if that matters at all).

I also disagree slightly with your middle paragraph. If Cadeau is a really good shooter, I want him hunting for his offense like Ty did his junior year. I don't have to worry about Cadeau being a selfish scorer so I trust him to hunt his offense within the flow of the offense.

Reactions: gunslingerdick
if he has any weakness it just my be his outside shooting ability and his choices of shots.
Coaching regarding shot-choice needs to be a factor for any star frosh, let's hope the message is right and that it sticks.
If Cadeau can become a zone buster this years team will be something special for sure.,Of course his chief job this season will be distributing the rock to teammates but if he can consistently rip the nets from downtown his head fakes and drives to the hole will be enhanced even more…

In a nutshell Carolina can go from a good team to a great team of Cadeau can prove himself from the outside to go with the rest of his game…
Agreed, being a great passer and defender alone probably won't make this team great - unless some of the transfers are WAY better than anyone expects them to be.

Yes we all know Elliott is lighting quick, can slam over bigger opponents, and has incredible court vision which allows him to make Oscar Robertson type passes to teammates for easy scores but to me after seeing several of his games on ESPN this past year if he has any weakness it just my be his outside shooting ability and his choices of shots.

I don't think Cadeau has or really should be a great scorer for us this season, I think he needs to shoot it well enough that defenders have to respect the shot and not constantly play him to drive but I do not want to see him try to imitate Cole Anthony or Coby. For me this is like asking which you prefer, Drake Maye QB running for touch downs or throwing for TDs, I want him throwing them. Cadeau has to be our QB in the floor guys, that means run the team and get his team mates heads all plugged in to the game and on the same page. I very STRONGLY believe that if Cadeau were to average 20pts a game that it will be a tough season for this team.

1. Cadeau needs to get the rock to Mando in the right place at the right time.
2. Cadeau needs to get the rock to the alternate scorers either inside or outside.

If he succeeds at #1 then #2 will be a lot easier…. Then he can worry about his own shot.

At least that’s how I see it.

I don't think Cadeau has or really should be a great scorer for us this season, I think he needs to shoot it well enough that defenders have to respect the shot and not constantly play him to drive but I do not want to see him try to imitate Cole Anthony or Coby. For me this is like asking which you prefer, Drake Maye QB running for touch downs or throwing for TDs, I want him throwing them. Cadeau has to be our QB in the floor guys, that means run the team and get his team mates heads all plugged in to the game and on the same page. I very STRONGLY believe that if Cadeau were to average 20pts a game that it will be a tough season for this team.
I disagree with you last sentence. RJ and Mando are gonna be ok with scoring. If Elliot averages 20 then we’ll blow out teams and run teams off the floor like teams of the past. Jmo. And others will score too. I honestly think he could struggle at first. A lot put on this kids plate

It depends how the dudes around him shoot it. If RJ, Cormac, Withers all shoot like 38%+ and Ingram improves a lot from 3, the necessity of Cadeau shooting it well isn't as important. If that happens, I think we'll be pretty good if he shoots it well or not.

However, I think the upside of this team is directly tied to Cadeau making 3's. Ty being a 40%+ shooter his junior year (plus Danny's shooting improving) helped make us nearly unstoppable. Would the 2005 team won the National Championship if Ray Felton didn't become a good 3PT shooter that season? Also, Coby White being a good shooter probably helped get a lot out of that team.

I don't see this team right now as a National Championship team. But, if you tell me we have 2 or 3 plus shooters and Cadeau is an additional one? Then my expectations change (if that matters at all).

I also disagree slightly with your middle paragraph. If Cadeau is a really good shooter, I want him hunting for his offense like Ty did his junior year. I don't have to worry about Cadeau being a selfish scorer so I trust him to hunt his offense within the flow of the offense.
Ryan, Davis, and Withers have played ten season of college and have only hit 38% three times. I don't think they'll all be at that level.

Probably going to be hard to expect Cadeau to be a good shooter right away too. Most freshman aren't and he's not especially touted for that particular skill.

Dsouthr I also do not want Cadeau to score 20 points a game because I also want him to distribute the ball 🏀 to get everyone involved but I also want opponents to know that he is not a one shot pony and he can also shoot the rock when needed from the outside so that defenders cannot double team the paint like they did all last season…

Dsouthr I also do not want Cadeau to score 20 points a game because I also want him to distribute the ball 🏀 to get everyone involved but I also want opponents to know that he is not a one shot pony and he can also shoot the rock when needed from the outside so that defenders cannot double team the paint like they did all last season…
Oh yeah, I agree, he needs to shoot enough that opponents have to respect his shot and not just back up and play him to drive every time. What I see as Cadeau's main role on the offensive end is to be the guy that initiates the assist and that does not always mean he will get the assist for it, I think we will see a lot of combination passing between Cadeau and Ingram or Ryan to guys like Bacot and Withers.

The thing with Cadeau is that few college level defenders will be able to handle him 1 on 1, it is a bit like trying to handle Ty Lawson in his prime 1 on 1 and frankly Cadeau may be craftier. So if he can draw a defender in closer to him he is more able to blow by him and force help to come from some other place. If he can not sell the real threat of a jump shot defenders can back off a step or 2 and make it way harder for him to drive by. Frankly, the best way to defend Cadeau may well be to give him the jump shot and make him prove he can hit it even if he makes them. If you let him get north south he will simply carve you up so I would give him the jumpers and dare him to take them.

It's pretty rare for a player to score 20 PPG, especially at UNC. I think Hansbrough was the only player to do so under Roy. I don't think this is something we have to worry about. I do want him hunting for his offense if he is an efficient scorer/shooter and if it's within the framework of the offense. I personally don't think we're all that gifted offensively so if Cadeau can give an efficient 13-16, I think he should look for his offense if the opportunities present itself.

Reactions: Archer2
Ryan, Davis, and Withers have played ten season of college and have only hit 38% three times. I don't think they'll all be at that level.

Probably going to be hard to expect Cadeau to be a good shooter right away too. Most freshman aren't and he's not especially touted for that particular skill.
Trust me, I'm skeptical how good of a shooting team we'll be. I think we'll be an improved shooting team, but have to see certain things before I make any declarations. I do think Ryan and Davis will have good shooting seasons playing with a more talented roster in the case of Ryan and a roster that fits better with Davis. Withers is a wildcard to me. It's obviously really early, but I think Withers and Cadeau's shooting will be X factors this season and will go a long way to determine whether or not this is a Final Four team or not.

If the perimeter guys are perceived as threats and Cadeau can keep the offense spaced I think they will be fine. As long as the other team cannot use 5 to guard 4 then having a legit big in the post and viable shooters on the perimeter makes a true pg very dangerous. If he can hit enough to make the opponent respect the threat of his shot then his ability to penetrate and kick out when the defense collapses will be more important than him being a zone-buster.

Cadeau does not have to be a +shooter, he has to be an efficient scorer! We have the shooters and he, like several have said, only needs to take open looks with confidence and hit enough to interest his defender! Mando will command attention and open looks for our wings AND Cadeau is a wizard at getting peeps the ball in their optimum scoring pocket so I expect the perimeter % to soar! All peeps on the floor need to be willing to take an open shot and confident/proficient enough to hit some! This should be a high scoring team that plays a deep bench and very fast! If this happens, we are definitely contenders!

If the perimeter guys are perceived as threats and Cadeau can keep the offense spaced I think they will be fine. As long as the other team cannot use 5 to guard 4 then having a legit big in the post and viable shooters on the perimeter makes a true pg very dangerous. If he can hit enough to make the opponent respect the threat of his shot then his ability to penetrate and kick out when the defense collapses will be more important than him being a zone-buster.
Correct, and look... the simplest way I can put it is that this offense will bear little resemblence to the clusterf*** we saw last season.
Main reason? A legit (and thankfully elite) PG.
Simply put, guys will get the rock on time and where they can do something with it. As a result, defenses will constantly have their hands full trying to cut off passing lanes, leaving EC with open looks and/or free to pick his spots to create his own (which he has a Joel Berry-like ability to do).
Now, will he light it up from deep as a frosh?
Good question, but I'll tell ya this --- if he hits, just say 34-35% from 3, welp... our opponents (other than dook and uk) will have my sympathies :cool: .

I agree that we'll be fine meaning we'll be a good team that plays meaningful games in March, maybe into the second weekend. But I do think Cadeau will need to provide some punch scoring if we're playing in April.

In our history, I think the 2005 and 2009 champion teams were directly tied to Felton and Lawson taking significant steps in one way or another going into their JR seasons.

Felton sophomore: 49.7% 2PT, 31.3% 3PT, 11.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 7.0 APG
Felton junior: 46.8% 2PT, 44.0% 3PT, 12.9 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 6.9 APG

Lawson sophomore: 58.2% 2PT, 36.1% 3PT, 12.7 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 5.2 APG
Lawson junior: 56.0% 2PT, 47.2% 3PT, 16.6 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 6.6 APG

The 2017 team was probably more linked to Justin Jackson playing on a new level (no coincidence that's connected to his improved 3PT shooting). But Berry became more productive his JR year (19.3 points per 40 vs 16.6 points per 40 in 2016).

And it's not fair since this group hasn't been a game yet, but if I'm comparing them to the 2005, 2009, or even the Kendall Marshall teams... This team doesn't have the offensive fire power around the PG that the 2005 team had. I could argue that May, McCants, Marvin Williams were more gifted offensive players than any non-PG on our roster. And I don't think Jawad Williams was that far off either. Then Ellington, Hansbrough were better offensive talents IMO. So I think Cadeau giving some scoring bunch may become necessary for this team if they want to play in April. Every other elite UNC offense has had a PG that can score the ball.

I'm not a complete buyer that a pass first point-general PG solves everything. I've given plenty of evidence that Roy's offense under Kendall Marshall was pretty mediocre to Roy's standards if you took the offensive efficiency of all of his UNC teams. His best offenses usually had a PG who could score 12+. This obviously changes some if Cadeau isn't a good shooter. If he isn't a good shooter, don't shoot the ball. But I'm seeing Joel Berry scoring comps. I'm seeing a lot of confidence in his shooting ability.

(PS - Changed my username but it's the still loveable SDung to many. Just thought it would be smarter to not have part of my legal name in my username anymore, lol.)

I knew it was you after reading the first paragraph! (I admit, I almost liked one of your posts before I re-read it and recognized the highly qualified, left-hand compliments immediately followed by unvarnished criticism) Good idea because I don't like CSkank half as much as I love SDung!

I knew it was you after reading the first paragraph! (I admit, I almost liked one of your posts before I re-read it and recognized the highly qualified, left-hand compliments immediately followed by unvarnished criticism) Good idea because I don't like CSkank half as much as I love SDung!
Feel free to continue to call me SDung then!

I agree that we'll be fine meaning we'll be a good team that plays meaningful games in March, maybe into the second weekend. But I do think Cadeau will need to provide some punch scoring if we're playing in April.

In our history, I think the 2005 and 2009 champion teams were directly tied to Felton and Lawson taking significant steps in one way or another going into their JR seasons.

Felton sophomore: 49.7% 2PT, 31.3% 3PT, 11.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 7.0 APG
Felton junior: 46.8% 2PT, 44.0% 3PT, 12.9 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 6.9 APG

Lawson sophomore: 58.2% 2PT, 36.1% 3PT, 12.7 PPG, 2.7 RPG, 5.2 APG
Lawson junior: 56.0% 2PT, 47.2% 3PT, 16.6 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 6.6 APG

The 2017 team was probably more linked to Justin Jackson playing on a new level (no coincidence that's connected to his improved 3PT shooting). But Berry became more productive his JR year (19.3 points per 40 vs 16.6 points per 40 in 2016).

And it's not fair since this group hasn't been a game yet, but if I'm comparing them to the 2005, 2009, or even the Kendall Marshall teams... This team doesn't have the offensive fire power around the PG that the 2005 team had. I could argue that May, McCants, Marvin Williams were more gifted offensive players than any non-PG on our roster. And I don't think Jawad Williams was that far off either. Then Ellington, Hansbrough were better offensive talents IMO. So I think Cadeau giving some scoring bunch may become necessary for this team if they want to play in April. Every other elite UNC offense has had a PG that can score the ball.

I'm not a complete buyer that a pass first point-general PG solves everything. I've given plenty of evidence that Roy's offense under Kendall Marshall was pretty mediocre to Roy's standards if you took the offensive efficiency of all of his UNC teams. His best offenses usually had a PG who could score 12+. This obviously changes some if Cadeau isn't a good shooter. If he isn't a good shooter, don't shoot the ball. But I'm seeing Joel Berry scoring comps. I'm seeing a lot of confidence in his shooting ability.

(PS - Changed my username but it's the still loveable SDung to many. Just thought it would be smarter to not have part of my legal name in my username anymore, lol.)
"And it's not fair since this group hasn't been a game yet, but if I'm comparing them to the 2005, 2009, or even the Kendall Marshall teams... This team doesn't have the offensive fire power around the PG that the 2005 team had." Do you not see the irony?

"I'm not a complete buyer that a pass first point-general PG solves everything. I've given plenty of evidence that Roy's offense under Kendall Marshall was pretty mediocre to Roy's standards if you took the offensive efficiency of all of his UNC teams" So you feel that team Kendal played on as a freshman was better with the more scoring inclined Larry Drew than the pass first Kendal Marshal? REALLY?

"But I'm seeing Joel Berry scoring comps" ??? Why? Cadeau Joel are 2 VERY different type PGs, to me it is if trying to compare Eddy Cota to Coby White, may play the same position but very different type players. If I am going to compare Cadeau to anyone in the last 40yrs or so I am looking more at Eddy, Ty, King, or even Raymond at certain points. I look at Joel more in terms of Coby or Cole, more shoot first guys.

Fact is we have won with shoot first PGs as well as more passing orientated PGs that combined strong ball handles with speed/quickness. I very strongly believe that if you are going to more of a jump shooting approach, which is what I see Hubert looking to do then I think you really need the more pass first PG strong ball handling speedster with special quickness to set up the cleaner looks for his mates as opposed to that being a second thought to looking for his own scoring op. Even thou Kendal was not speedy or quick, he used a size advantage mixed with extra special court vision with great passing ability to off set a lack of quickness & speed.

Joel Berry became a shooter after his freshman season, he was not that big time jump shooter as a freshman, he was more the bull type PG, physically strong but still had good quicks. Joel was a natural PG BEFORE coming to UNC, he made himself in to more of a scorer AFTER his frosh season. Point being, he did not have to try to unlearn habits developed as a jump shooting 2 guard before he got to UNC, means he was already grounded in all the other aspects of being a PG that did not include his own scoring. That is the complete opposite of RJ or Love or even Coby.

@DSouthr
"And it's not fair since this group hasn't been a game yet, but if I'm comparing them to the 2005, 2009, or even the Kendall Marshall teams... This team doesn't have the offensive fire power around the PG that the 2005 team had." Do you not see the irony?
I'm making a prediction about a group that's never played basketball. Of course it's going to be somewhat unfair to them because they haven't played a game together.

So you feel that team Kendal played on as a freshman was better with the more scoring inclined Larry Drew than the pass first Kendal Marshal? REALLY?
No question we would've been better off with LD2. lol, of course not. Also missing my point. That team was obviously better with Kendall. But relative to all of Roy's teams, Kendall's junior season was about the median in terms of offensive efficiency for Roy's teams at UNC. Roy's offenses were better with a PG that could score, and could shoot it.

Why? Cadeau Joel are 2 VERY different type PGs, to me it is if trying to compare Eddy Cota to Coby White, may play the same position but very different type players. If I am going to compare Cadeau to anyone in the last 40yrs or so I am looking more at Eddy, Ty, King, or even Raymond at certain points. I look at Joel more in terms of Coby or Cole, more shoot first guys.
I'm personally not doing the comparing him until I've seen him play. I asked @gary-7 and he said EC has some Joel Berry-like ability to create his own shot.

Obviously you can win with different types of PG's. I've never said that we'll suck if Cadeau doesn't score for us. I do think he'll need to be a scoring threat for us to be playing in April.

@DSouthr
I'm making a prediction about a group that's never played basketball. Of course it's going to be somewhat unfair to them because they haven't played a game together.

So you feel that team Kendal played on as a freshman was better with the more scoring inclined Larry Drew than the pass first Kendal Marshal? REALLY?
No question we would've been better off with LD2. lol, of course not. Also missing my point. That team was obviously better with Kendall. But relative to all of Roy's teams, Kendall's junior season was about the median in terms of offensive efficiency for Roy's teams at UNC. Roy's offenses were better with a PG that could score, and could shoot it.

Why? Cadeau Joel are 2 VERY different type PGs, to me it is if trying to compare Eddy Cota to Coby White, may play the same position but very different type players. If I am going to compare Cadeau to anyone in the last 40yrs or so I am looking more at Eddy, Ty, King, or even Raymond at certain points. I look at Joel more in terms of Coby or Cole, more shoot first guys.
I'm personally not doing the comparing him until I've seen him play. I asked @gary-7 and he said EC has some Joel Berry-like ability to create his own shot.

Obviously you can win with different types of PG's. I've never said that we'll suck if Cadeau doesn't score for us. I do think he'll need to be a scoring threat for us to be playing in April.
LOL, you asked gary? LOL Come on now, God created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th, gary figures Joel would have easy cut a day off that! LOL Settle down gary but you know you had mad man love for Joel! LOL

I do not think you really look at UNC offense for both of Kendal's seasons as being under his control. He moved to starting position about mid way through freshman year. I do not have the sources but would be interesting to compare productivity of the offense under Drew compared to Marshal. Marshal's second season UNC was ranked first nationally in FG, FGA, 2FG FG (made and attempts), offensive and defensive rebounding and assists and 2nd in points. That tells me we had excellent spacing and balance without having to rely on the 3 ball.

If UNC had been healthy I think the Heels win the title, or at least it would have ben one the all-time great games..

I do not think you really look at UNC offense for both of Kendal's seasons as being under his control. He moved to starting position about mid way through freshman year. I do not have the sources but would be interesting to compare productivity of the offense under Drew compared to Marshal. Marshal's second season UNC was ranked first nationally in FG, FGA, 2FG FG (made and attempts), offensive and defensive rebounding and assists and 2nd in points. That tells me we had excellent spacing and balance without having to rely on the 3 ball.

If UNC had been healthy I think the Heels win the title, or at least it would have ben one the all-time great games..
There's 0 question we were better with Kendall as the starter vs Larry Drew. But even with Kendall starting in his freshman year, those offenses were average comparatively speaking to Roy's offenses at UNC.

With Larry Drew 2010-11 Off Eff: 108.5 (55th in the country)
With Kendall Marshall starting: 113.6 (31st in the country)

I'll list in order from best to worst Roy's offensive efficiencies and will bold 2010-11 only with Kendall starting as PG, and 2011-12. The two Kendall seasons (only when Kendall was PG1), those offenses were in the bottom half of Roy's UNC offenses. Doesn't mean they weren't good. Being #12 in the country in 2011-12 means we were a really good offense. But it wasn't the devastating offense that we've had in other seasons. And IMO a lot of that had to do with we had more scoring punch at PG than Kendall.

Below are KenPom offensive efficiency numbers because those go back earlier than BartTorvik.
1. 2016 - 124.4 (#1 in the country) (Runners up)
2. 2009 - 123.2 (#1 in the country) (National Champs)
3. 2005 - 122.5 (#2 in the country) (National Champs)
4. 2008 - 122.1 (#1 in the country) (Final Four)
5. 2007 - 121.0 (#3 in the country)
6. 2017 - 120.7 (#9 in the country) (National Champs)
7. 2018 - 120.3 (#6 in the country)
8. 2019 - 119.7 (#8 in the country)
9. 2015 - 119.1 (#11 in the country)
10. 2004 - 117.4 (#10 in the country)
11. 2012 - 116.1 (#12 in the country)
12. 2006 - 115.9 (#13 in the country)
13. 2011 - 113.6 (#31 in the country after KM was PG1)
14. 2014 - 112.6 (#48 in the country)
15. 2013 - 112.2 (#31 in the country)
16. 2021 - 110.3 (#52 in the country)
17. 2020 - 107.7 (#77 in the country)
18. 2010 - 107.4 (#102 in the country)

Marshal's second season UNC was ranked first nationally in FG, FGA, 2FG FG (made and attempts), offensive and defensive rebounding and assists and 2nd in points. That tells me we had excellent spacing and balance without having to rely on the 3 ball.

All of those stats are facts. But leading the country in FG, FGA, 2FGM, 2FGA and rebounding are tempo-dependent stats. I'm talking from an efficiency standpoint, which to me is a better way to judge an offense. IMO, the seasons we won National Championships were in large part because someone made a big jump as a 3PT shooter. Felton made a huge jump as a JR to over 40%. Lawson shot 47% from 3 as a JR. And Justin Jackson went from a high 20's to a high 30's% as a JR.

You're right. You don't have to "rely" on the 3 ball to be a good offense. But you absolutely need a couple of dudes who take a lot of 3's and can make a good percentage of them. Even the 2016 team (ironically didn't have a good team 3PT%, yet was Roy's most efficient offense) had 2 dudes who took a lot and made over 35% from 3.

This isn't all that controversial, lol. And I'm not even saying Cadeau needs to be a prolific shooter. I'm just saying that you probably need a minimum of 2, probably 3 good high-volume shooters. If Cadeau is a good shooter, I would like him shooting the ball when he gets the opportunities to.

Well... it ain't just me. I can tell you that more than one prominent former player has also used Joel as a comparison point for EC ----- oh, and FYI to my friend @DSouthr , among those who have used that particular comparison is a certain UNC PG with the retired number in the rafters... so there's that.

Specifically, the JB/EC reference comes from their common traits of toughness, floor generalship, and instinct to create space for their teammates and themselves (in other words, the innate ability to play chess instead of checkers, as it were), and that comparison is typically used in combination with Butter or Ed (I prefer the latter) vis-a-vis the uncanny passing ability and creativity.

Look, I know folks here are hashing out unknowns in the off-season, which is fine and fun, But at the risk of sounding arrogant, if you want the best forecast of what EC brings to the mix? Welp, just refer again to what I posted above ITT. I feel pretty confident you can take that to the bank :cool:

Thing about stuff like this is it is pretty much all opinion, I think we can either now or will agree that Cadeau is different, I see some traits from him that remind me of former UNC PGs but he certainly is not a clone for sure. I personally don't see Joel in what I have seen from the kid but that is really just my opinion, I do tend to see things differently than many.

I see quickness in the kid, not just feet but hands as well that have me think of Ty, maybe even a touch of Phil. I see creativity of Eddy, who for me is the best comparison when I think in terms of being pass first, he will score much better than Eddy did, book that. I see MUCH better than expected athletism, he elevates really strong, is able to handle physical contact and still finish, hints of Phil there. I see long passing and an ability to see not only where other players are but that innate ability to in essence pass them open, like you see in great QBs in football, shows me some kendal in that. I see what so far strikes me as just next level basketball IQ, he has a feel that defies sight. I saw him driving this past spring and it looked like he was not really sure how he was going to end his drive but some how thru all the moving parts he finds a guy in great position to score that goes past what he could see or trust, it is an extra sense of feel that to me is maybe Jason Kidd like more so than a former Tar Heel. I see the ability to keep the dribble alive in tight spaces and there really is only 2 former UNC PGs I see any of that with and those 2 are Phil Ford (for my money the best PG we have ever had) and Ty Lawson.

You look at that and should say dang, you have set the bar of expectations way to high for this kid to ever reach, even I admit that I have but this kid is different, I don't know that we have ever seen this in a Tar Heel uniform. How it all comes together no way of knowing until we see it but I know 1 guy that can't wait to see!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT