ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t even get mad

alabamaheel

All-American
Jan 27, 2015
Red Bay AL
I’m one of the most competitive people you will ever meet. It used to get me in trouble but with some age, I have mellowed out. BUT, I find myself not even getting mad or riled up knowing our heels are struggling. IMO this trend will not stop if our underclassmen continue to leave. Folks it’s not our defense. Just stop it. Our offense is atrocious. We can always do better on D but Roy’s teams are not defensive juggernauts. He runs teams into the ground and simply scores a lot of points. As I write this we are making a huge comeback, and we will look great at times then suck.
Trust me I bleed blue and wear those lite tented glasses just like everyone else. I guess I just needed to vent a little. I love coming on here and getting info from you guys. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
It's really simple... keep the turnovers to single-digits. The opposing team doesn't score so easily off of our TO's. We will score more by not committing unforced turnovers. Every loss this season usually has that common thread-- too many turnovers! The second half of today's game had single digit turnovers. The first half had 15!

It has been a problem all year. 7 is still not good for a half, but you can't have 14 in a half for sure like the 1st, being down only 12 was huge. We shot it much much better in the 2nd, 2‐14 3's for the 1st half and I think 20 some % overall, will never work either.

Florida State massive turnovers in 2nd half helped, much like us in the 1st. 18 straight made free throws also was huge.

Our D is fine even though we can tighten up some technical points. Our O gets bogged down by poor spacing and peeps being way to nervous with the ball under pressure. If we could just stop with the freakin' touch passes from big to big and jump passes from everyone we would see a difference! We need our littles to stop driving into the forest with no plan also. Many of Caleb's turnovers tonight were fractions of an inch from being great plays so I take those as a sign of continuing growth. Peeps need to calm down and realize that a 5 second call is much better than a live ball turnover that starts the break for the opponents! The question I am left with is, will this win lead to continued effort and purpose against 'Cuse or will it lead to big heads that phone it in???

I'm betting on Roy keeping them fired up and using that second half arse whuppin' to motivate and fight off complacency!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT