ADVERTISEMENT

I'm pretty happy!!! ....

nashblue

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2003
Why? Because... unlike many on this board.... I look at our recruiting from a different perspective. For years, I have thought the Heels should have a larger percentage of their recruits coming from the GA / FL region. The reason is pretty obvious. These are two of the largest HS talent bases in the country.

Anyway, my perspective is .... NC recruiting, alone, will never reap the talent level needed to compete for championships. We aren't going to get very many "game changers" from NC. Sure, there are a few great players out there ( I would love to have Dexter Lawrence ), but, the chances of getting more than 2-3 guys, that are difference makers, from NC, ... is pretty slim. I would love to see us get the top talent in NC, every year. However, as history has shown, .... several of the top players will end up somewhere else.

Yeah, I know, you have to win, ... to get more NC talent to seriously consider UNC. Well, maybe; but, I firmly believe, if you want to be a successful program with national relevance ...... you better have a wide recruiting umbrella. This is the only way to continuously bring in the necessary talent, at all positions.

Anyway.... I'm loving the makeup of the current recruiting class. Lots of quality recruits, filling positions of need. Hopefully, we can round this class out .... with a few top notch guys, at the remaining positions of need.

As for the Board Members & THI Staff.....

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News