ADVERTISEMENT

It is time to decide which is better for this team, playing three guards or playing three bigs.

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I believe the answer is there is no answer. Personally I agree with D Southr that my preference would be three bigs instead of three guards but with so many proven outside shooters a small lineup would also have many advantages.

I do believe the answer lies in who the opponent is on any given night. The biggest difference I see from last years team to this years squad is all of the experienced upper classmen who can come off the bench…

In the exhibition game 4 seniors starter along with one junior. I do not see how Cadeau can be kept out of the starting lineup by mid season but we will all have to wait and see…

So I leave the question to you which in your eyes is better for the team early on: three bigs or three guards and why?

Whichever one we are better with is what we should do.. only Hubert knows this answer. We havnt seen the team enough as fans to know, nor have we seen them play any good competition.

Obviously it's great to have both options. Which we use more may depend on how specific players turn out. Withers could be one key. Reports say he's very mobile and a pretty good outside shooter. More like Nance, in that he's not a high volume outside shooter, but much quicker. More 4/3 than 5/4. We've seen a bit of his quickness in scrimmages.

Some of us thought Withers might start, either alongside Armando in the front court with 3 guards, or with 2 guards and Harrison. The obvious problem is "who doesn't start?"

With High looking better than expected and with Washington healthy and Okonkwo also in the mix, we could have plenty of front line options, but Withers is the one I'm waiting to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT