ADVERTISEMENT

It sure looks like

a whole lot of Wuffies are going to be much more obnoxious than usual for the next few days. It will not be pleasant for those exposed to more than a few of them.
Just smile and say "congratulations, it's been a long time since 1983.... and thanks for beating dook again".

In all seriousness though, those kids deserve congratulations. Way to represent!
As for their fans, well... you know...

I have always hated the wolfies but partly due to my daughter and granddaughter, I am pulling for both men and women teams in the tourney. It would be much easier if their fans would just handle this with a little grace. And I have enjoyed watching Burns all year--he seems like a great guy.

Reactions: Old_School59
I have always hated the wolfies but partly due to my daughter and granddaughter, I am pulling for both men and women teams in the tourney. It would be much easier if their fans would just handle this with a little grace. And I have enjoyed watching Burns all year--he seems like a great guy.
I agree. I definitely don’t know him or have ever been around him, but man his personality is infectious. Even when they’ve lost he’s not been a punk. Easy to pull for in this day and age.

Reactions: thompsjj
a whole lot of Wuffies are going to be much more obnoxious than usual for the next few days. It will not be pleasant for those exposed to more than a few of them.
I was exposed within microseconds. Hell, I'll just admit I started it. Two brothers with State loyalty, and I never feel bad about dook losing, so why the hell not? I was almost as happy as they were.

Speaking of Burns, that should be quite the physical contrast in the paint next Saturday, huh?
8d3ac74a1cce52650ad87e839a2c5eaff93c50f7.gifv
dj-burns-burns.gif

Reactions: gary-7
He might be the best DT in basketball.
He's built for it, then again so is Travis Shaw. Burns lacks the particular fire to be a DT worth anything. But he is a wide body who really knows how to use what he has in basketball.

Burns is like a nimble bear on the court. The dude could’ve been a top tackle prospect with that size and mobility.

I’ve got to say, I don’t really dislike any of the state players. Burns and Horne are fun to watch. I’d be fine if they take down Purdue because it won’t matter in the long run if nobody can touch UConn.

Lots of friends and family (longtime farmers in eastern NC) who pull for state. kind of like dook I do not mind the actual alums as much as the bandwagoners. It still just seems surreal to me that state is in the FF.

Reactions: Heelicious
Burns is like a nimble bear on the court. The dude could’ve been a top tackle prospect with that size and mobility.

I’ve got to say, I don’t really dislike any of the state players. Burns and Horne are fun to watch. I’d be fine if they take down Purdue because it won’t matter in the long run if nobody can touch UConn.
I think Purdue can stop UConn, because of Edey. He will clog the lane, and that will throw off a whole lot of the UConn offense.

All you whose Hearst bleed for poor Moo, just remember that the now ancient cheer tells t all:

Duke is puke.
Wake is fake.
But the team I hate
Is NC State.

That was widely popular long before 1973 and '74, even before Roman Gabriel first gave Wuffies the idea they were football kings to be. When Dook wins big, their fans are just a little more obnoxious tha they are normally. When Moo wins bog, their fans go nuts in every which way, creating and believing all kinds of nonsense, which often contradicts. And the total focus of that insane fury is UNC.

i did not watch the state-dook game (i never watch a game where i hate both teams). maybe state was the lesser of evils, but not by much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT