ADVERTISEMENT

Kessler coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy enters portal, Roy retires and this guy wants to come back and we are okay with this?

Sounds to me like Roy wasn't kissing any asses to keep players, and parents happy and some one else is willing to!

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way!

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Guy enters portal, Roy retires and this guy wants to come back and we are okay with this?

Sounds to me like Roy wasn't kissing any asses to keep players, and parents happy and some one else is willing to!

I don’t think we know enough about the situation to jump to that conclusion.

I can promise you Hubert isn’t kissing any asses either.

Walker loves UNC. His dad had his reservations (putting that one kindly) about how Roy utilized Walker.

Hubert flushed those concerns out probably in a way Roy didn’t.

Walker loves UNC. His dad had his reservations (putting that one kindly) about how Roy utilized Walker.

So you're saying the issue is Kessler couldn't stand up to his dad and we need for his dad to commit to UNC? Not sure how much better that is. Hopefully if he does come back, he'll be able to tell his dad to shut up when his dad acts like a puss again. I guess they got rid of who their problem was, though.

Reactions: toophly1124
So you're saying the issue is Kessler couldn't stand up to his dad and we need for his dad to commit to UNC? Not sure how much better that is. Hopefully if he does come back, he'll be able to tell his dad to shut up when his dad acts like a puss again.
As I’m sure you know, most situations are more complicated than that.

So Hubert caved to demands?

I'm not trying to argue but the kid was out then Roy leaves and he wants back in. There was something he wanted that Roy wouldn't give or say, apparently Hurbert is willing to conform. I'm sure the player didn't change his stance on what he wanted!

I'm not trying to argue but the kid was out then Roy leaves and he wants back in. There was something he wanted that Roy wouldn't give or say, apparently Hurbert is willing to conform. I'm sure the player didn't change his stance on what he wanted!
I'm sure we don't know WHAT exactly is going on with Kessler and the basketball program.

I don't think he tours campus the day before his announcement if he's not going there.

Good luck Mr. Kessler. I think your blowing it but you haven't consulted with me on anything this far so you can probably live with that.
Yeaa on the surface it doesnt make sense, UNLESS maybe his parents are saying "hey just before you commit back to UNC lets at least see the campus since we arent far from it? " maybe ? maybe? I could be reaching for straws but I do agree on the surface it doesnt seem great

Dude I just said Hubert isn’t kissing any asses.

What we know from the McCoy interview is that Hubert sees our style a bit different than Roy. Hubert wants to space the floor out more, not sit 2 bigs in the post, and play more smaller lineups. He’s not just pitching this to Walker to sell him, he told McCoy the same thing and he’s hinted at it in his interviews.

So Hubert isn’t “caving” into anything. He’s adapting our style to the more modern players which I would bet was a huge thing he sold to Bubba during his interview process.

Dude I just said Hubert isn’t kissing any asses.

What we know from the McCoy interview is that Hubert sees our style a bit different than Roy. Hubert wants to space the floor out more, not sit 2 bigs in the post, and play more smaller lineups. He’s not just pitching this to Walker to sell him, he told McCoy the same thing and he’s hinted at it in his interviews.

So Hubert isn’t “caving” into anything. He’s adapting our style to the more modern players which I would bet was a huge thing he sold to Bubba during his interview process.
The day Hubert was announced as the coach he went on ESPN and basically said the same thing regarding kids wanting to face up to the basket now and stretch the floor.

It seems clear that Hubert is more interested in that approach than Roy was hence why Kessler would possibly come back.

If anyone really thinks Roy, who has coached for over 30 years, retired because one kid decided to transfer is out of their mind.

The day Hubert was announced as the coach he went on ESPN and basically said the same thing regarding kids wanting to face up to the basket now and stretch the floor.

It seems clear that Hubert is more interested in that approach than Roy was hence why Kessler would possibly come back.

If anyone really thinks Roy, who has coached for over 30 years, retired because one kid decided to transfer is out of their mind.
Preach.

So you're saying the issue is Kessler couldn't stand up to his dad and we need for his dad to commit to UNC? Not sure how much better that is. Hopefully if he does come back, he'll be able to tell his dad to shut up when his dad acts like a puss again. I guess they got rid of who their problem was, though.
We're looking for a #1 assistant. Maybe Mr. Kessler would be interested since he obviously knows it all already.

Yes... we do know that much. Personally, I don't expect him to come back.

Jamie's pretty plugged in. He elaborated on this on the premium board last night.

These types of guys don't usually go public with this stuff unless they are sure but no one else is reporting it so he could be wrong. Would be a bad look for him if he is.

Jamie's pretty plugged in. He elaborated on this on the premium board last night.

These types of guys don't usually go public with this stuff unless they are sure but no one else is reporting it so he could be wrong. Would be a bad look for him if he is.
My expectations have been changed. I hope he does come back. He'll be a big help.

Roy's retirement isn't necessarily a part of that list. March became April, Hubert replaced him, etc.. We don't know much at all about the why's and what for's.
You asked what we know. I'm giving you a timeline of UNC basketball related issues. I guess it's possible he left because he was worried about competing with Manley. You can put that on the list. I'll choose the obvious answer though.

I know nothing about that guy, but sure hope your right!!!!

You asked what we know. I'm giving you a timeline of UNC basketball related issues. I guess it's possible he left because he was worried about competing with Manley. You can put that on the list. I'll choose the obvious answer though.
What's the obvious answer?

What's the obvious answer?
Well he left because him and/or his people didn't like his usage. Roy, the guy who decided how he would be used is gone. Since the guy that decided his usage is gone, the issue he was having isn't there anymore and he's willing to consider playing for UNC without Roy. He wasn't planning to do that with Roy. Of course you know all of this. You're just being deliberately obtuse. That's kind of your thing though.

Reactions: toophly1124

Seriously, just stop with the trolling.

We need a "Childish" emoji!

I am cautiously optimistic about Kessler returning! McKoy + Kessler would seem to indicate Hubs has the program well in hand to me. However, I do not think Kessler going somewhere else is a negative for Hubs! Hubs already did enough with this issue by publicly stating the youngster is a Tar Heel and letting him know he can come back home! This will do wonders for the kids watching to see if UNC really wants the youngsters to do what is in their best interest or is simply concerned with itself! AND Kessler is clearly considering returning which is a monumental change in a short time!

We need a "Childish" emoji!

I am cautiously optimistic about Kessler returning! McKoy + Kessler would seem to indicate Hubs has the program well in hand to me. However, I do not think Kessler going somewhere else is a negative for Hubs! Hubs already did enough with this issue by publicly stating the youngster is a Tar Heel and letting him know he can come back home! This will do wonders for the kids watching to see if UNC really wants the youngsters to do what is in their best interest or is simply concerned with itself! AND Kessler is clearly considering returning which is a monumental change in a short time!

Well Hubs def no he wants Kess to return to NC. Kess will help lack of fr-ct depth since GB is gone.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT