ADVERTISEMENT

LUCAS: THE UNSEEN...

reggaeheel

Sophomore
Apr 6, 2003
CH
LUCAS: THE UNSEEN...

I have so much I want to tell you.

You saw it, of course. You saw Hubert Davis and the North Carolina Tar Heels end Mike Krzyzewski's Cameron Indoor Stadium career on an eternal one-game losing streak. You saw the 94-81 final score, as there were darn near biscuits to go with all the salt. You saw RJ and Caleb and Brady and Mando and Leaky and so, so many sad painted faces.

But there were also some things you didn't see, and that's what I want to tell you. Let's start at the beginning. The very beginning. Monday night, after Carolina dispatched Syracuse, Hubert Davis was just outside the Carolina locker room. It was less than a half-hour after the win, and he was already pacing with intensity.

"I'm going to tell you something," he said, completely unprompted. "We are not going over there for a party. We are not going over there to be part of some festivities. We are going over there to play a game. And we're going to play."

This was all said with an absolute stone-faced, steely-eyed, glare that was very un-Hubert Davis-like if the only Hubert Davis you know is the one you see in the press conferences. But that was the exact same Hubert Davis Carolina got at practice every day for the rest of the week.

"Turn it up!"

Is there anybody better than Lucas???

HD is such a blessing for our beloved Heels and I am glad we have someone who can put the indescribable into words!
Go Tar Heels and Go Hubs!

What parent would not want Hubert to be a mentor of their kid? Lessons in life are learned from those you surround yourself with and Hubert teaches as well as anyone the values you would want you child to learn.

• Love
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
"This one is the all-time one-up in the Carolina-Duke discussions. Tomorrow or next week or next year or 20 years from now, your Duke friends will be talking about the greatness of Mike Krzyzewski, and you'll give a little grin. "How did he do," you'll ask, "in that last game at Cameron?" And that argument will never, ever get old."

This is the ultimate FTW! (I was saying this to everyone who might listen.)
Thanks Lucas!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT