ADVERTISEMENT

Bacot seals the deal

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I cannot believe how many threads there has been on Facebook and here where fans are asking what has happened to Bacot because he is no longer the player he once was .

When I read those comments I quickly realize those people saying that HAVE NEVER PLAYED ORGANIZED BASKETBALL for if they did they would know TEAM basketball is more than INDIVIDUAL stats.

I will tell you what has happened to Bacot he has found other ways to help this team grow and win without having to get a double double every night because now he has MORE TALENTED TEAMMATES to help shoulder the load.

Last night was a prime example of what I am saying. I have been following and loving Carolina basketball for 60 plus years and I have never EVER seen so many wide open layups by Carolina guards (Davis and Cadeau) as there was last night by Bacot SEALING off defenders time and time again.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for a defense to allow 15 plus layup attempts to undersize guards and that is an exactly what happened all night especially in the second half. Armando sealed off all the back line defenders so his guards many times went untouched on runs to the hole.

Also with Ingram getting a ton of rebounds both offensively and defensively that has taken a lot of burden off Bacot to do all of the dirty work in the paint,

Most importantly Bacot no longer has to force shots down low because he has 7 teammates in the rotation that can all score in double digits on any given night…

So before anyone criticizes Bacot for his numbers being down understand what he understands that he has more weapons around him both offensively and defensively this season unlike last year where is was just Davis. Love and himself that every night had to over perform for the team to stay in games…

Last edited:
I have talked about this on a few different replies. I agree with everything you said.. that still doesnt mean I dont think Bacot cant assert himself a little harder on the scoring side and the rebounding side. I think with the weight loss, he has gotten weaker which has hurt his scoring ability. However, it HAS helped with his defensive ability. He is now quicker and can even guard on the perimeter. Blocked shots are also up from previous years.

I think he has the mindset that others will get the job done now, whereas before, he had to be the only one who could get the rebounds for the most part. Even though this is true, I do not think he needs or has to have that mindset. He still needs to go after every rebound like any other year. Scoring is not as important as the offense has been performing extremely well without him, however, rebounding is something we can always use no matter what. I do not see the fire or sense of urgency for rebounds from him like previous years.

Reactions: DSouthr
Some peeps believe scoring is the only sign of success for a player! Others know that you can contribute to TEAM success in many ways, sometimes even from the bench! Bacot has morphed into the guy who commands attention in the post, freeing up outside shots; screens like a champ so guards can get close; blocks shot to protect the rim; leads vocally and by example; guards perimeter and interior as needed; shuts down their bigs; and on and on and on!

Bacot is an iconic Tar Heel and completely above reporach!

Reactions: Heels5150
I cannot believe how many threads there has been on Facebook and here where fans are asking what has happened to Bacot because he is no longer the player he once was .

When I read those comments I quickly realize those people saying that HAVE NEVER PLAYED ORGANIZED BASKETBALL for if they did they would know TEAM basketball is more than INDIVIDUAL stats.

I will tell you what has happened to Bacot he has found other ways to help this team grow and win without having to get a double double every night because now he has MORE TALENTED TEAMMATES to help shoulder the load.

Last night was a prime example of what I am saying. I have been following and loving Carolina basketball for 60 plus years and I have never EVER seen so many wide open layups by Carolina guards (Davis and Cadeau) as there was last night by Bacot SEALING off defenders time and time again.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE for a defense to allow 15 plus layup attempts to undersize guards and that is an exactly what happened all night especially in the second half. Armando sealed off all the back line defenders so his guards many times went untouched on runs to the hole.

Also with Ingram getting a ton of rebounds both offensively and defensively that has taken a lot of burden off Bacot to do all of the dirty work in the paint,

Most importantly Bacot no longer has to force shots down low because he has 7 teammates in the rotation that can all score in double digits on any given night…

So before anyone criticizes Bacot for his numbers being down understand what he understands that he has more weapons around him both offensively and defensively this season unlike last year where is was just Davis. Love and himself that every night had to over perform for the team to stay in games…
EXTREMELY WELL SAID!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT