ADVERTISEMENT

Nassir Liitle's recruitment

I don't want him. Kid is dirty.
Ned, I don't think we know that just yet. A lotta good folks in FL thought his AAU coach Augustine was straight up, but he proved otherwise (obviously).

Point is it's entity possible Augustine had the Littles fooled as well. That's a tough one. But as I said before, if Roy vets him out and still wants him then I'm good.

EXACTLY !

The EXACT points I have as well been trying to hammer home! It pisses me off to know why we missed on guys like Josh Jackson, Adkins, PJ, Bam.
dsouth, there were other factors as well with Rawle.
I don't think he would have cleared admissions.

Last edited:
Alkins was never gonna get through admissions to come to UNC I remember the randle recruitment well... He loved roy so did his Mom then all of a sudden she says Roy is just different when asked to expound she says he recruits different... At the time I thought maybe personalities clashed. Now I know that's not the case. Roy did recruit different HE DIDN'T CHEAT

I've always been told to read between the lines. Him tweeting "They hating like I didn't work for it." and that he's reopenning his recruitment says a lot to me. So it's gonna be a no for me dawg.

Also toss in that his dad tweeted "I've been playing out scenarios with @2ez_nassie (Nassirs twitter @) and either of the schools he could attend. " September 24th

Either equals 2. As in Arizona or Miami

Last edited:
7689305.jpeg

Nassir Little posted this on his snap acct...I didnt actually see it but it was mentioned and posted on inside Carolina premium boards. Pretty huge imo. Nassir didnt actually create it, he just posted it but regardless it's telling...

why worry!!!..seriously, kid has been offered...we are clean..must be proved he is clean...we wait patiently, but keep options open..love to have him, but if not eligible..Carolina Basketball alive and well

I love Little as the recruit. However, if he's gonna be looked into by the NCAA then is it worth it? Will he be eligible to play this year? Is it gonna bring a negative light to UNC from the media? These are questions I have but I do feel good about taking him if Roy feels comfortable with it.

If the University and Roy and staff are good with Nassir then I am as well.
As I said earlier in this investigation, let's wait for the dust to settle. It took the FBI just over 2 years to get here.
As poster said above we are Carolina and we can wait a little while....get it? :cool:

Reactions: RoseHeel
If we do get Little, my only fear is, the NCAA will try to use him against us since they can't do what they want to do with the "paper classes"

Ned, I don't think we know that just yet. A lotta good folks in FL thought his AAU coach Augustine was straight up, but he proved otherwise (obviously).

Point is it's entity possible Augustine had the Littles fooled as well. That's a tough one. But as I said before, if Roy vets him out and still wants him then I'm good.

Gary, what I think a lot of folk have trouble believing is the real power and control some of these AAU coaches have over their players, that it is entirely possible that the coach keeps the money and the kid never know why he was really steered to a particular program. I am not saying that is what happened with Little, want to be clear about that, all I am/have said is I can not eliminate that as a possibility at this point. Yes, Augustine did seem to indicate that the kid was making the demand and dictating the amount but do we trust what a coach says when he is negotiating a criminal act or do we wait to see if there is anything that directly traces this back to Little and his family? Little nor his family were in that room being recorded.

The single most damning thing I see so far on Little is his releasing a tweet about de-committing without ever publicly committing in the first place but it is not absolute that $$$ caused him to silent verbal, it may be likely but not absolute, at least not yet. Now if Augustine testifies to the FBI that the kid or his family dictated the terms and all he did was negotiate it in their names, kid will be sunk and in that case at very least will not play for any NCAA program...

Reactions: gary-7
If we do get Little, my only fear is, the NCAA will try to use him against us since they can't do what they want to do with the "paper classes"

Yeah but here is the thing, the NCAA clearing house will have to approve him before he could ever have eligibility and right now that seems to be a very high bar. But ya know, Piggy did flat out pay Maggette and the NCAA knew about it and in the end neither duke nor the kid has any problems.

Reactions: trestyles
Gary, what I think a lot of folk have trouble believing is the real power and control some of these AAU coaches have over their players, that it is entirely possible that the coach keeps the money and the kid never know why he was really steered to a particular program. I am not saying that is what happened with Little, want to be clear about that, all I am/have said is I can not eliminate that as a possibility at this point. Yes, Augustine did seem to indicate that the kid was making the demand and dictating the amount but do we trust what a coach says when he is negotiating a criminal act or do we wait to see if there is anything that directly traces this back to Little and his family? Little nor his family were in that room being recorded.

The single most damning thing I see so far on Little is his releasing a tweet about de-committing without ever publicly committing in the first place but it is not absolute that $$$ caused him to silent verbal, it may be likely but not absolute, at least not yet. Now if Augustine testifies to the FBI that the kid or his family dictated the terms and all he did was negotiate it in their names, kid will be sunk and in that case at very least will not play for any NCAA program...
I disagree. Some of these guys are going to make it up as they go along to save themselves. If one of them comes out and says Carolina was paying players is that to be believed also. We can all assume this and that but it's going to take evidence for something to stick.

A 2.5 year Federal Investigation that just broke a week ago already has a TON of information, like evidence.
When the crying Defendant comes forward, the Judge wants to see/hear EVIDENCE alright. Not bleating idiots.
There are liars and then damn liars. Follow the money.

If he's dirty, I don't want him. If he's not dirty, I want him.

On the surface he looks like someone you wouldn't want to go near, but I'll trust Roy's judgment.

Agree but here the consensus said Roy had backed off a couple days ago. Perhaps we were too quick to judge like some pointed out, but the recent picks to UNC + that pic of him in a UNC jersey still come as a surprise.

Regardless if he's clean or not, the negative PR has taken its toll, and will certainly follow when he comes. But if he's eligible and Roy trusts him, I'm still for it.

Yeah but here is the thing, the NCAA clearing house will have to approve him before he could ever have eligibility and right now that seems to be a very high bar. But ya know, Piggy did flat out pay Maggette and the NCAA knew about it and in the end neither duke nor the kid has any problems.
That one still sticks in my craw. #doublestandard

looks like a lot of people think hes coming our way. After last week I have to admit I thought we would be done even recruiting him. Obviously Id love to have him from a talent standpoint. If Roy is cool with it so am I.

I disagree. Some of these guys are going to make it up as they go along to save themselves. If one of them comes out and says Carolina was paying players is that to be believed also. We can all assume this and that but it's going to take evidence for something to stick.

Evidence as in testifying under oath to federal prosecutors...

And you betcha, if a kid comes out and says UNC was or offerred to pay him then yes, if said under oath to the feds I would highly suspect it to be the truth. I mean it is a very different deal to lie to the media or lie to the NCAA, they do not put you in jail for doing those things, lie to the FBI and that can land you in jail. I tell the truth and stay out of jail or lie and I have a cell mate that may think I am cute, yeah, I stayin out of jail and so will these kids.

Little's mom and dad are both screaming right now that they nor their son were paid a dime and if they were or offered then that is a very odd reaction. Man, if you are innocent then you scream, if you are guilty and you know it you STFU and let your attorney do the talking. My point is their reaction is odd for someone that knows they are guilty but exactly what I would expect from someone who is not. Let me be clear, I don't know one way or the other, I am just speaking to how people act under duress and I do know how they react by having so many ops to interface with them as the deal with authorities.

And you betcha, if a kid comes out and says UNC was or offerred to pay him then yes, if said under oath to the feds I would highly suspect it to be the truth. I mean it is a very different deal to lie to the media or lie to the NCAA, they do not put you in jail for doing those things, lie to the FBI and that can land you in jail. I tell the truth and stay out of jail or lie and I have a cell mate that may think I am cute, yeah, I stayin out of jail and so will these kids.

Little's mom and dad are both screaming right now that they nor their son were paid a dime and if they were or offered then that is a very odd reaction. Man, if you are innocent then you scream, if you are guilty and you know it you STFU and let your attorney do the talking. My point is their reaction is odd for someone that knows they are guilty but exactly what I would expect from someone who is not. Let me be clear, I don't know one way or the other, I am just speaking to how people act under duress and I do know how they react by having so many ops to interface with them as the deal with authorities.

Well I for one hope he wasnt involved, as Id love to have the kid on our team. The rumor and innuendo and specifically the deleted tweet of his where he was re-opening his recruitment certainly paints an unflatttering picture. But Im sure Roy is all over it and with some of the heavy hitting recruiting analysts giving us a bunch of picks today for him, lets hope it all works out.

Reactions: DSouthr
Wait so we've gone from 'he's dirty' to 'we want him' in less than 48 hours?!? o_O:confused:

Hopefully rose, now the dust has settled a lil bit that folks are coming around to what I have said since this whole thing broke that so far we had no proof the kid or his family was directly involved or knew. If that proof does get out then I would not want us any further associated with him. If Roy does become satisfied the kid was not in the loop (or the family) then I am good with him and Roy will know more than any of us could.

So I guess you think Pitino is innocent then huh? He's been running his mouth quite a bit.

So I guess you think Pitino is innocent then huh? He's been running his mouth quite a bit.

Pitino is posturing, he knows they have him but he is playing a word game angle and personally I don't think that is real smart when it is the FBI and not the NCAA he is parsing words with. Watch, he will look to take down his assistant and claim he knew nothing and it was all his assistant all along, same thing he did in the stripper deal and doing so allowed him to keep his job then, now it is the FBI involved, way different deal.

the Little family has 3 potential witnesses against them or for them..Augustine, the main culprit or hero..the asst coach of Miami and the asst coach of UA...if separate testimonies agree and they say the Little knew/orchestrated from afar..well, that's that..or it could fully exonerate the family-but how could anyone then consider enrolling at these suspect places of ""higher learning"

Call me crazy, but forget the fact that the kid may be innocent of all wrong doing, the reason I'm put off is the fact that he was "committed" somewhere else. We are second fiddle? Really? Maybe I'm way off, but it bugs me to no end that he wanted to play for someone else before coming to us, if indeed he chooses us.

Call me crazy, but forget the fact that the kid may be innocent of all wrong doing, the reason I'm put off is the fact that he was "committed" somewhere else. We are second fiddle? Really? Maybe I'm way off, but it bugs me to no end that he wanted to play for someone else before coming to us, if indeed he chooses us.

Technically we would be third fiddle, but I agree.

Uh, Alabama, I see you used quotes on Nassir's "commitment" and that would be accurate, IMO, since the kid never committed to any university. A bit of a mess with the way that was handled.
Before all this started Nassir was about 75% UNC, now 100%, if you believe that site. Crystal ball...
It also strikes me that the kid was, as I understand, not "in the room" but Augustine and Adidas sure were, haven't read that mom and pops were there either.
Not like Bowens family, Mom, on wire with the give me my GD $$$.

My main concern if we get Little is this: he commits to UNC, the NCAA deems him eligible and then later on backtracks and says we played an ineligible player. Didn't they essentially do the same thing with Derrick Rose?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT