ADVERTISEMENT

NC State vs Carolina game thread on Saturday 2 February 2024

State taking away RJ and we look confused.

Meanwhile, they can't miss (that sounds familiar).

Better find some defense in the second half

Pathetic perimeter defense. I don’t know how this team can come out so lethargic after the garbage performance against Miami. And Hubert did absolutely zero in-game coaching that half to make adjustments.

Reactions: tarheels0015
It's just like we cant find any rhythm of late. I don't get it. If we cant put teams like this away we really aren't going far in the tournament... ACC or big dance.

An absolute collapse at the end of the half. We had composure in January and have not shown it very frequently since
Why is Wojcik in the game guarding their hottest player to close the half?

Why haven't we tried a different defense? Or even just started pressing to force some turnovers.

State has 7 three pointers

That's 21 three pointers made by the opposing team in the DES Center in the last 3 halves of basketball

Your Joking right ?
I'm not. Sure in some situations, coaches not reacting to the opponents offense taking advantage of something would be on the coach. This is just straight lack of effort and state hitting everything they throw up. It's not like they're taking wide open jumpers. Every shot they throw up bangs around the rim and falls through.

As much as I don't want to see Wojik on our court unless we're up by 30, I feel like Hubert is trying everything to slow down their perimeter shooters.

The one thing I WOULD fault coach Davis for is pulling Cadeau when he is clearly starting to get in a rhythm. The automatic hook at the 16 minute mark drives me bananas

Only got up 24 shots in the 1st half while State got up 33. Not good.
One whole offensive rebound - really crashing that glass. If we give up a runout or two how can that be worse than the D we just displayed - at least those would be 2s

Neither Cadeau, Davis or Trimble and Ryan have not been able to slow Horne. As much as many would hate this idea but I would try Withers who is bigger and might be able make Horne’s shot a little more difficult to shoot over because the other four mentioned above have shown to this point they can’t slow him down

Reactions: thompsjj
Bacot has become an offensive liability ... not a news flash. Bless his heart.

State is playing out of their minds! We’ll get them in the second half.

I'm not. Sure in some situations, coaches not reacting to the opponents offense taking advantage of something would be on the coach. This is just straight lack of effort and state hitting everything they throw up. It's not like they're taking wide open jumpers. Every shot they throw up bangs around the rim and falls through.

As much as I don't want to see Wojik on our court unless we're up by 30, I feel like Hubert is trying everything to slow down their perimeter shooters.

The one thing I WOULD fault coach Davis for is pulling Cadeau when he is clearly starting to get in a rhythm. The automatic hook at the 16 minute mark drives me bananas
For some reason Hubert went with a lineup of Cadeau, Trimble, Ryan, Withers, Washington. That's an odd lineup. Gotta have at least one of RJ or Bacot out there.

Reactions: thompsjj
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT