ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament (2024) Thread

Baylor just looks like a poorly coached YMCA team. Reminds me of how they looked against us in 2022 until the refs decided to take over.

We likely are going to face Alabama. My som is finishing law school at Alabama - so I’ve watched parts of some of their games.

They have quite a few decent athletes but they seem very undisciplined, not smart, not well coached. Just have 5 out and hope the 3s are falling and you can outscore people. Often they can.

But if heels actually guard the 3 line and say Trimble locks down Sears and we pound them inside in the paint, they can be beaten.

Especially because I think Alabama is mentally weak, and if things get tough for them, they panic and just jack up 3s and don’t defend or rebound. They are unwilling to outwork them. Definitely Alabama can be outworked outcoached outsmarted. Not a very likeable high character team.

Case in point - two techs on Alabama - on oats and Pringle today already.

Last edited:
Could dook and moo have an easier path?
Well - Dook was supposed to play a team that just beat Purdue. But yeah - it’d help if the alleged decent teams in these teams regions showed up. Like Kentucky, Wisconsin. Holding out hope for Houston. And Marquette? Though it’s hard to cheer for shaka smart or kelvin Sampson.

Who would we rather play, Alabama or Grand Canyon?
I think Alabama has more physical ability and talent. Gcu smarter and better coached? Alabama is undisciplined team of punks. Who can get rattled if things get tough. They are weak mentally and don’t like to work. So I think we can beat them that way.

Wow the clutch ft shooting of some of these teams. What a luxury we have in rj bacot Cormac et.

Grand Canyon got the early foul advantage by attacking the basket. If they'd stop settling for 3s they could hypothetically come back and win this game at the FT line.

GCU giving up a 5 point play off multiple missed free throw rebounds.

3 point lead to 2 point deficit on one possession.

Hmmm ref helping the bama player up after calling a foul on GC with bama shooting a three seems strange but I know not. Never saw tv teddy do that

Have the ACC won at games in this tournament? Oh, it looks like they are doing exceptionally well to date.

Mostly. It has a campus but the shool is rather sketchy.
I think they have 20 students, 10 on the basketball team.

By the way, that’s Sears guy for Bama is a clone of RJ. Will be interesting so see the matchup

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT