ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament Bracket Contest

Do you want to participate in a bracket contest?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I refuse to switch over to the Dook Tennessee game. I believe hard in jinxes when it comes to them. Dook was up 6 when I stopped watching.

Also I have Tennessee in my final four in our family pool ( along with Texas, Alabama, and UCLA - all still alive) . This win would be big.

I wonder how many of the dookie players exit after they get home.
Flip’s gone for sure, right? They haven’t been a great scoring team all year including today, but I assume a few of the guys have the measurables and the skills nba scouts are looking for. We have none on our current team

Flip’s gone for sure, right? They haven’t been a great scoring team all year including today, but I assume a few of the guys have the measurables and the skills nba scouts are looking for. We have none on our current team
I don't know. I have no idea how to determine players who leave teams anymore. Pre-portal, the dookies ran an OAD farm for years.

I must admit, I was surprised to see the dookies lose this game.
I mean - Dook has played well recently but with their win streak they were due for a loss. I know they just got healthy but they finished third in a dog meat ACC.

So many sweet things when they exit. In the top few is: how many media / sports “experts” picked Dook to the final four or even winning it all.

Seriously? Nfw do they match up against a team of mature experienced super athletes like today plus what lies ahead of them.

Tennessee’s defense is no joke.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
kinda want some vol mentality in the smith center, ijs
Especially hard core defense lockdown. I’ve only watched UT a bit - but seems they give up hardly any easy baskets. Almost every basket and rebound is hard earned against them. Unlike UNC so few uncontested layups, dunks, 3s

Yeah - almost. Kansas is on that list for me now with that slimy cheater self and zero real consequences for him. Some minor wrist slaps.
I've never really been able to build up hate for KU. I guess it's because they've been a minor league coaching system for us.

htf did carolina become less athletic and slower in three years????

sec & big 12 teams have collected a lot of leopards & gazelles the last five years.

Reactions: Heelicious
oh god…forgot about the eric musselman wife shots when arkansas plays.

eta: maybe we’ll draw them @Heelicious haha
Danyelle Sargent!!! Hoo-wah!

636240355794345544-Musselman2.jpg

seriously, can we not get these kids in school???

there are twenty teams with superior athleticism and skill better than carolina that i’ve seen this week…i watch a ton of different league games and some of the sec/big 12/houston, memphis would wear us out…sdsu too, my goodness.

Reactions: Heelicious

there are twenty teams with superior athleticism and skill better than carolina that i’ve seen this week…i watch a ton of different league games and some of the sec/big 12/houston, memphis would wear us out…sdsu too, my goodness.
All these teams have serious ballers. Big tall strong fast jumping athletic studs.

I don’t think we have one baller on our team. Not bacot. He’s slow can’t jump or run and gets overpowered by smaller guys.

Not RJ. He has the heart but not the size or physical gifts.

You could say Love because he has the physical gifts but basically zero basketball IQ and crazy inconsistent and doesn’t know how to stop shooting and turning it over when he’s off

Reactions: gteeitup

Those schools with those kids all went after the kids we signed or woulda been glad to take them if offered. It’s the desire and effort….aka coaching

Those schools with those kids all went after the kids we signed or woulda been glad to take them if offered. It’s the desire and effort….aka coaching
are you sure?…the tennessee & houston kids look like pros and minus the murderer accomplice at bama, those kids and arkansas would fit nice.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
So……Ala up 24 on tx am, the spread is 23.5, dude for am is just walking the ball up as time is running out, team mate runs up and literally grabs the ball from him and hits a shot as time expires.

are you sure?…the tennessee & houston kids look like pros and minus the murderer accomplice at bama, those kids and arkansas would fit nice.
“Murder accomplice” - unwarranted unfair false cheap shot.

I don’t want to derail this thread. My son is at law school at U of Alabama so they’ve discussed this case quite a bit in classes and especially outside of class.

Not saying that makes me an expert but it is clear as you dig into the facts and evidence that there is nothing in Alabama or federal law that they can possibly charge Miller with. Prosecutors all said so already. They said they’ve reviewed all the evidence - texts, calls, etc - nothing to charge Miller on and I get the sense the prosecutors were itching to charge Miller if they could. The two charged are probably going to jail for a lot of years - higher charges with crimes committed in cars.

I think one can argue / debate: should Miller be asked to step away from the team? A good debate.
Has U of A handled it well from PR standpoint ? NO.
would Miller be handled differently if he was at end of bench? YES - that has been proven by how they’ve immediately cut ties with other former player who was charged. Like the team never even knew he existed.

Has the hack sports media handled this in their usual irresponsible, lazy, make up “facts” or opinions about what actually did and didn’t happen - to drive sensationalism, make it a bigger more interesting (but false) story, and drive clicks and to make themselves be a heroic exposing part of “the story”? OF COURSE!!

Is this a big red flag for NBA scouts re who BM should hang around with? Yes - but no different than a lot of other nba players, I assume.

I have no reason to care about BM than any other of the millions of people in US and the thousands involved in crime cases. I think it is good though to put your kid in BMs shoes - wrong place, wrong time, hanging with wrong people - sure… but would you want your kid’s life to be literally ruined by a crooked prosecution or by media- even though he factually didn’t commit a crime and had no idea a gun was in the car? (I realize many will think / say BM knew a lot more about the plan than what he has said).

I just think we should want Justice and protection for when our kids make unknowing mistakes but don’t commit an actual crimes. There are plenty of other more egregious instances where actual crimes are committed and criminals get off on a technicality. What would charging convicting and ruining BMs life do to improve society? Send a message to always do a full review of car contents before driving anywhere?

(Sorry for the derail and length)

@Heelicious i was being very loose with those terms, but did he not bring the gun to miles as directed by text?

i just sat through a very intense murder trial and “intent” and “motive” became easy to prove with nothing but circumstantial evidence.

@Heelicious i was being very loose with those terms, but did he not bring the gun to miles as directed by text?

i just sat through a very intense murder trial and “intent” and “motive” became easy to prove with nothing but circumstantial evidence.
No worries @gteeitup and I don’t at all mean to sound hostile or emotional about it to you.

One of the charged guys just texted BM saying “ please drive the car over and meet me downtown”. No mention of the gun being in the car, the gun was covered under some clothing or something in the backseat or backseat floorboard or at least that is the story. BM is adamant he had no idea there was a gun in the car and so far nothing has come up in evidence to refute that.

If anything surfaces that there was communication about a gun in the car or that he knew a gun was in the car (it likely would have surfaced by now), BM’s life as he knew it would be over. He’s be charged just like the other two guys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT